U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:16 PM

219 posts, read 378,461 times

Advertisements

Their economy is funded by our money being sent back there! I'm sure all those drug dealers spending their money there helps also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Their economy is funded by our money being sent back there! I'm sure all those drug dealers spending their money there helps also.
All economies depend on the U.S economy. You know, except Cuba

Old 07-25-2008, 05:36 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
When you are on the bottom rung of the ladder there is nowhere to go but up.
HaHa I like that. Thanks for the humor you included here. The truth when it is humorous is scary though.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:59 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
HaHa I like that. Thanks for the humor you included here. The truth when it is humorous is scary though.
I couldn't imagine the pressure politicians are under. I'm positive they're scared ****less. I don't know how Bernanke sleeps at night.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:36 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I couldn't imagine the pressure politicians are under. I'm positive they're scared ****less. I don't know how Bernanke sleeps at night.
I'm not sure he does....

Old 07-25-2008, 11:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
And American corporations moving their factories from the U.S. to south of the border doesn't hurt.
But I guess it makes us all feel better if we assume Mexicans are to blame for all our problems, huh?

And if Mexico's drug dealers are helping the economy, then American drug dealers must be REALLY being doing their part here in the states. People who live in Latin American countries are the wholesale. The market is here.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:56 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
And American corporations moving their factories from the U.S. to south of the border doesn't hurt.
But I guess it makes us all feel better if we assume Mexicans are to blame for all our problems, huh?

And if Mexico's drug dealers are helping the economy, then American drug dealers must be REALLY being doing their part here in the states. People who live in Latin American countries are the wholesale. The market is here.
I would rather see low wage US jobs in Mexico being done by Mexicans legally than having all of the above here in the USA except the Mexican workers would be illegal here.

Although; with the growing unrest SOB, we may see many so-called 'low wage' business flee back north due to the Rule of Law here in the USA-----and, gladly pay Gringo wages.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
It has been proven that most illegals are from Mexico, just not the figure you proposed. I've posted it before and the figure is more like 57%. Again, we can never know for sure how many illegals are in the U.S and we cannot know for sure where they're from.
That's true. There is also a kind of illegal who is an informal temporary guest worker who does not intend to stay forever. Some go back on their own, they just came to work for a bit, get over some financial difficulty or even just for the adventure of it, see the USA or whatever but they want to go home and do go home.

Those aren't the real problem. They return to their families and homes back in Mexico, they aren't here to get on welfare or demand instant citizenship. They may be here illegally for a time but they plan to go home.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:53 PM

29 posts, read 151,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Anti immigrant or anti-ilegal immigrant? There is a huge difference.
Anti-immigrant..not anti-illegal immigrant......

..or perhaps you don't know...there has been a quiet war going on now to restrict even legal immigration....let me know if you need statistics....

Last edited by jimjames3000; 07-26-2008 at 07:05 PM..

Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 AM

636 posts, read 1,218,562 times
I bet their economy ain't good enough for this. Darn shame USA gets cheated with no return favors.

YouTube - Americans Go To Mexico
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or