U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:26 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,120,203 times

Advertisements

I see so many illegal apologists on here who really seem to hate the laws we have in place. they criticize those who enforce the laws. they mock those who agree with the laws as racists, or racial stereotyping. all you apologists out there, what is the solution to this problem of too many illegals coming here? no more generic stereotyping kids, how about some f-ing answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 PM

1,417 posts, read 858,311 times
Because it goes against their agenda. Same goes for anti-illegals who produce false data to get a cheap shot at illegals. I believe you've seen those supposed "F.B.I statistics" outlining the havok illegals have raised. I looked into it and have found no REAL F.B.I statistics, making all those claims false.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,657,382 times
Here's my 2 cents....as can be seen on this forum, today's controvery over illegal immigration is 10% logic, and 90% emotion....with the logic strongly supporting the "anti" position. Like it or not, 'shake' it any way you like, illegal immigration is essentially nothing more than a low-level crime. Its huge numbers are what's now getting it so much attention.

Those who support illegal immigration are forced to 'rationalize' it, since it cannot be supported by logic. No one advocates 'the cause' of tax cheats, 'deadbeat dads', or drunk drivers...yet many people who KNOW better insist on advocating for the "cause" of illegals. To do so, they must obviously rationalize. Usually, this takes one or more of several predictable 'stances'..:

(1) Illegals break the law, but they're really "good" people..

(2) Illegals break the law, but that's OK, because it's a 'stupid' law..

(3) Illegals may be 'bad', but most Americans are 'just as bad'...

(4) Illegals can't "help themselves", because various well-connected Americans 'lure' them here...

(5) To oppose illegals is an act of racism..thus the 'opposition' to them becomes worse than what the illegals themselves do...

(6) America has a long tradition of welcoming immigrants...thus illegals arriving here are part of our 'tradition'...with one small difference..

(7) We'd 'like' to stop illegal immigration, but efforts to do so would end in failure, since 'it can't be stopped'...thus we should save our money and not even try..

(8) Illegals cause problems, but other things cause WORSE problems...

Bottom line is, you can support illegal immigration all day long...but you can't do it from a logical or rational position...thus supporters of illegals are forced to rationalize....or to 'cloud the issue'. Thus, almost NO ONE argues from the point that "illegal immigration is good"...rather, it's argued from the point that "illegal immigration really isn't bad....it just SEEMS bad. You only THINK it's bad because you're a racist"....arguments like this, based on emotion, are almost impossible to 'settle', because neither side accepts the other side's 'proof'.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:58 PM

normally I try to stay away from the personal attacks. but in this case I have to say something. you are the most uneducated person I have seen on these forums. produce your FBI credentials and you might be taken seriously. if not, you are an apologist who no one takes serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Because it goes against their agenda. Same goes for anti-illegals who produce false data to get a cheap shot at illegals. I believe you've seen those supposed "F.B.I statistics" outlining the havok illegals have raised. I looked into it and have found no REAL F.B.I statistics, making all those claims false.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 PM

p.s. that isn't an answer. reread the original post and stop coming with things so unoriginal.

Quote:

Old 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
normally I try to stay away from the personal attacks. but in this case I have to say something. you are the most uneducated person I have seen on these forums. produce your FBI credentials and you might be taken seriously. if not, you are an apologist who no one takes serious.
When reverting to personal attack, shows the sheer desperation accompanied with no argument. You asked a question, it was answered with my opinion and my findings.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,807,939 times
Quote:
When reverting to personal attack, shows the sheer desperation accompanied with no argument. You asked a question, it was answered with my opinion and my findings.
Don't worry about the OP, anything you tell him he doesn't agree with just goes right over his head.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 PM

um, no actually. reading is fundamental. I asked for answers, you gave an excuse. better luck next time.

Quote:

Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 PM

I guess that's why you have a 108 reputation. because everyone takes you seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Don't worry about the OP, anything you tell him he doesn't agree with just goes right over his head.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Can I say Nazi politics? Thats like nit picking at answers until you find one you agree with. If that's what the OP is looking for, why post at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration