U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 AM

394 posts, read 897,163 times

Advertisements

more to the point, what percentage of the pro-illegal crowd are hypocrits? i'll bet it's pretty high. i'll bet it's DAMN HIGH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
more to the point, what percentage of the pro-illegal crowd are hypocrits? i'll bet it's pretty high. i'll bet it's DAMN HIGH!
the post was poorly worded, but you get my point. i'm goin to bed now

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,783,283 times
i think a lot of the pro-illegal sentiment is youth / student oriented and since the money is flowing freely right now they are not worried about scholarships / aid yet. that may change when the economy tightens further. i do not understand how people do not see a correlation between a tanking economy and this massive illegal influx.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:06 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,795,842 times
A better question would be how many so called people from the anti-immigrant crowd are competing with illegal immigrants for jobs?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:00 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
A better question would be how many so called people from the anti-immigrant crowd are competing with illegal immigrants for jobs?
I've been competing with illegals for over 20 years! And as I've said before, I KNOW they're illegal because they ADMIT IT to me.

Of course, walking onto a new jobsite wearing a Border Patrol hat usually sends several scurrying over fences, too...

Old 07-25-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
that IS a good question blacknight04 and would be a very good reason for someone to be anti-ILLEGAL immigrant.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I've been competing with illegals for over 20 years! And as I've said before, I KNOW they're illegal because they ADMIT IT to me.

Of course, walking onto a new jobsite wearing a Border Patrol hat usually sends several scurrying over fences, too...
he he

Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think a lot of the pro-illegal sentiment is youth / student oriented and since the money is flowing freely right now they are not worried about scholarships / aid yet. that may change when the economy tightens further. i do not understand how people do not see a correlation between a tanking economy and this massive illegal influx.
i would agree that many are students.
on your other point, i don't know how much they have to do with the economy. i would tend to blame the greedy morgage companys and gas prices more than anything.
I WOULD HOWEVER BLAME THE ILLEGALS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS FOR THE TANKING WAGES IN THE SERVICE SECTOR AND THE BUILDING TRADES! i am a tradesman, but thankfully my trade is tightly regulated and licensed by this state and because of that the illegals have had little impact on my trade. but the carpentry, drywalling, roofing, siding and flooring trades have been decemated by illegal compitition. the wages in these trades have actually GONE DOWN OVER THE LAST 12 YEARS AND THEIR BENES HAVE DISAPPEARED!
i wonder how many of the pro-illegal crowd work in these trades i'v mentioned?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootertrash61 View Post
i would agree that many are students.
on your other point, i don't know how much they have to do with the economy. i would tend to blame the greedy morgage companys and gas prices more than anything.
I WOULD HOWEVER BLAME THE ILLEGALS AND THEIR SUPPORTERS FOR THE TANKING WAGES IN THE SERVICE SECTOR AND THE BUILDING TRADES! i am a tradesman, but thankfully my trade is tightly regulated and licensed by this state and because of that the illegals have had little impact on my trade. but the carpentry, drywalling, roofing, siding and flooring trades have been decemated by illegal compitition. the wages in these trades have actually GONE DOWN OVER THE LAST 12 YEARS AND THEIR BENES HAVE DISAPPEARED!
i wonder how many of the pro-illegal crowd work in these trades i'v mentioned?
My guess would be a VERY small number..... maybe somewhere around ZERO!!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:18 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,795,182 times
Quote:
Well, why don't you answer the question as it was worded, then start your own thread for the anti-ILLEGAL crowd.

So, have you ever had an illegal take money from your paycheck, not allowing you to feed and clothe your family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration