U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:23 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
So if they can vote why not let all the felons and anyone else who wants to vote, vote. Who's going to check???? What is the difference between us and any other 3rd world country with falsified/tainted elections. This country is turning into a freakin' circus side show!
They can't vote.. this is an obvious national threat. I wouldn't be surprised if there are any other groups attempting to do the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Bbbbut, bbbut, illegals can't vote in our elections!

/sarcasm off/

I have heard this baloney countless times by the pro-illegal crowd. Wake up America!
My wife, in CA, has told me that she knows for a fact that illegals have voted in past elections and that they plan on voting in the upcoming election also.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
My wife, in CA, has told me that she knows for a fact that illegals have voted in past elections and that they plan on voting in the upcoming election also.
Yes, they are voting throughout the country, and nothing is being done to prevent it. Illegal aliens have no respect for ANY of our laws, and take advantage of every possible loophole or lax in enforcement. They know all of the tricks of the trade.

It’s ridiculous to issue a voter registration card simply by having someone “affirm” they are a citizen of this country by signing on the dotted line. No additional ID or verification is required.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:00 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Okay, i read through the article and i didn't see anything about illegal immigrants being registered to vote.

Quote:
Dauphin County elections head Steven G. Chiavetta alerted county investigators to the suspected bogus voter registration forms late last month. In some cases, his office was contacted by people who received a new voter registration card and said they never filled out a form, Chiavetta said.
Michelle Malkin » ACORN Watch: Turning up the heat

So were the illegal immigrants the ones who alerted the authorities to this scam?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Okay, i read through the article and i didn't see anything about illegal immigrants being registered to vote.

Michelle Malkin » ACORN Watch: Turning up the heat

So were the illegal immigrants the ones who alerted the authorities to this scam?
Here, try this on for size.

Quote:
The potential for fraud is not trivial, as federal privacy laws prevent cross-checking voter registration rolls with immigration records. Nevertheless, a 1997 Congressional investigation found that "4,023 illegal voters possibly cast ballots in [a] disputed House election" in California. After 9/11, the Justice Department found that eight of the 19 hijackers were registered to vote.

Under pressure from liberal groups, some states have even abandoned the requirement that people check a citizenship box to be put on the voter rolls. Iowa has told local registrars they should register people even if they leave the citizenship box blank. Maryland officials wave illegal immigrants through the registration process, prompting a Justice Department letter warning they may be helping people violate federal law.
The Wall Street Journal Online - John Fund on the Trail

Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Green card holders, temporary visa holders would be considered illegal voters right?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:32 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Green card holders, temporary visa holders would be considered illegal voters right?
Yes, them too....

Old 07-26-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
So if they can vote why not let all the felons and anyone else who wants to vote, vote. Who's going to check???? What is the difference between us and any other 3rd world country with falsified/tainted elections. This country is turning into a freakin' circus side show!

Oh BTW, I know where he is! He ran back across the border just to come back in a month or so with a new identity. Good luck trying to find him.
There are many states that do allow ex-felons to vote. There is only a handful that do not allow ex-felons to vote so that is a moot point anymore.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
They better be illegal voters.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:01 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
After 9/11, the Justice Department found that eight of the 19 hijackers were registered to vote.
There you go, it is your government doing it's job for the American people, kind of makes you all warm & cozy...Not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration