U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 04:34 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times

Advertisements

A former temporary worker for a national community action group recently questioned by Dauphin County investigators about bogus voter registration forms is now a wanted man.

Luis R. Torres-Serrano, 37, of the 200 block of South 15th Street, is accused by authorities of submitting more than 100 fraudulent voter registration forms he collected on behalf of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now to county election officials.

ďWeíre actively looking for Torres-Serrano,Ē said John Goshert, chief of the Dauphin County detective bureau on Wednesday. ďWeíre offering up to $2,000 for information on his whereabouts.Ē

Dauphin County elections head Steven G. Chiavetta alerted county investigators to the suspected bogus voter registration forms late last month. In some cases, his office was contacted by people who received a new voter registration card and said they never filled out a form, Chiavetta said.

Michelle Malkin Ľ ACORN Watch: Where is Luis R. Torres-Serrano?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times
Bbbbut, bbbut, illegals can't vote in our elections!

/sarcasm off/

I have heard this baloney countless times by the pro-illegal crowd. Wake up America!

Old 07-25-2008, 10:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Bbbbut, bbbut, illegals can't vote in our elections!

/sarcasm off/

I have heard this baloney countless times by the pro-illegal crowd. Wake up America!
You're right! Illegals have registered to vote, and will be voting in November. The Board of Elections is well aware of this illegal activity, and does nothing until they are forced to react when exposed.

Illegals are coming by the truckloads to Maryland to receive driverís licenses and to take advantage of Motor Voter. I have contacted both the MD Board of Elections, as well as the State Attorney General, to no avail. They donít want to require ID for voting, because they donít want to prevent illegals from voting. We are required to have ID when transacting business with banks, and for other aspects of our daily lives. Yet, we should be permitted to vote in this country without producing ID. Itís sickening.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:08 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You're right! Illegals have registered to vote, and will be voting in November. The Board of Elections is well aware of this illegal activity, and does nothing until they are forced to react when exposed.

Illegals are coming by the truckloads to Maryland to receive driverís licenses and to take advantage of Motor Voter. I have contacted both the MD Board of Elections, as well as the State Attorney General, to no avail. They donít want to require ID for voting, because they donít want to prevent illegals from voting. We are required to have ID when transacting business with banks, and for other aspects of our daily lives. Yet, we should be permitted to vote in this country without producing ID. Itís sickening.
Wow . . . . the insanity continues.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,550 times
Illegals are trying to swing the vote now..? wtf. That makes no sense. I read the newspaper today that almost 90% of latinos are voting for Obama. You know, because Hilary dropped out. They figured obama was the next best thing.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Illegals are trying to swing the vote now..? wtf. That makes no sense. I read the newspaper today that almost 90% of latinos are voting for Obama. You know, because Hilary dropped out. They figured obama was the next best thing.
I guess where the 'illegal vote' can swing things is in city/state elections MUCH more than national ones.

Just ask Linda Sanchez...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I guess where the 'illegal vote' can swing things is in city/state elections MUCH more than national ones.

Just ask Linda Sanchez...
At least they're trying to vote. LOL! More Americans voted in the American idol polls than for the presidential elections

Old 07-25-2008, 02:54 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
At least they're trying to vote. LOL! More Americans voted in the American idol polls than for the presidential elections
They're NOT ALLOWED to vote. It's ILLEGAL!! Or is that ANOTHER law you think should be ignored?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
They're NOT ALLOWED to vote. It's ILLEGAL!! Or is that ANOTHER law you think should be ignored?
Take it easy.. it was a joke..

Old 07-25-2008, 03:21 PM

219 posts, read 378,598 times
So if they can vote why not let all the felons and anyone else who wants to vote, vote. Who's going to check???? What is the difference between us and any other 3rd world country with falsified/tainted elections. This country is turning into a freakin' circus side show!

Oh BTW, I know where he is! He ran back across the border just to come back in a month or so with a new identity. Good luck trying to find him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration