Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,040,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
While not all "anti-illegals" are to be compared to these killers, this incident is far from irrelevant.

We need to put things in perspective. Theres quite a few people on this forum who have a lot of actual HATE.

That same hate, magnified a few times led up to this kind of incident.

How many people are so into this debate over spite, rather than what is actually going on? Over the principle of it?

This article needs to be spread around ,these punks made an example of. To send a message that this kind of crap will NOT be tolerated, whether the victims are illegals or not. Life is life.
If found guilty; I agree with you------and, the alleged killer of Jamiel (sp) Shaw needs to be handled in the same manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 08:39 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times
It's interesting that equal outrage is not felt for Mr. Bologna and his two sons.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,382,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's interesting that equal outrage is not felt for Mr. Bologna and his two sons.
Isn't it though. For those in this country illegally the lives of Americans only serve one purpose, to provide tax dollars to prolong their parasitic existence.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,740,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If found guilty; I agree with you------and, the alleged killer of Jamiel (sp) Shaw needs to be handled in the same manner.
Nobody said differently.

But both these cases need to be seen as they were.
People need to stop calling the murder of Jamiel Shaw a race-related murder when evidence turns up that it wasnt.
Espinoza's asking Jamiel Shaw "where you from?" and being quoted as to have told his friend he "had killed a Blood" convinced me that he was out to kill a blood and not a Black person(even if Jamiel wasn't a blood.)

And if we find out that this case WAS a race-related(or ethnic related if it makes you feel better) murder, then thats the way it is.

I resent people trying so hard to make a connection between the cases just because an illegal immigrant was involved.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
And its even more interesting that NO outrage is felt when Kaitlyn Avila was murdered as opposed to when Jamiel was murdered, but hey, I guess thats the way it is, huh?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Nobody said differently.

But both these cases need to be seen as they were.
People need to stop calling the murder of Jamiel Shaw a race-related murder when evidence turns up that it wasnt.
Espinoza's asking Jamiel Shaw "where you from?" and being quoted as to have told his friend he "had killed a Blood" convinced me that he was out to kill a blood and not a Black person(even if Jamiel wasn't a blood.)

And if we find out that this case WAS a race-related(or ethnic related if it makes you feel better) murder, then thats the way it is.

I resent people trying so hard to make a connection between the cases just because an illegal immigrant was involved.
I resent those losers being in my nation as well-----they are a slap in the face of those folks who played by the rules.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times
Quote:
I resent those losers being in my nation as well-----they are a slap in the face of those folks who played by the rules.
As a taxpaying U.S. citizen, I’m tired of being used by people who have such a total disdain for our country. The very least they could do is not harm us. It’s bad enough our schools are in shambles and our hospitals are closing. I keep hearing that it’s only approximately 10% of illegals who are committing crimes; well 10% of the estimated 12-20 millions is a HUGE number of violent criminals that we definitely don’t need in our country.

I certainly don’t condone the murder of this man, but illegals and their supporters need to realize that this is simply a prelude. I have never in my life witnessed such anger and frustration as what I am now seeing. Actually, it’s frightening.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
As a taxpaying U.S. citizen, I’m tired of being used by people who have such a total disdain for our country. The very least they could do is not harm us. It’s bad enough our schools are in shambles and our hospitals are closing. I keep hearing that it’s only approximately 10% of illegals who are committing crimes; well 10% of the estimated 12-20 millions is a HUGE number of violent criminals that we definitely don’t need in our country.

I certainly don’t condone the murder of this man, but illegals and their supporters need to realize that this is simply a prelude. I have never in my life witnessed such anger and frustration as what I am now seeing. Actually, it’s frightening.
Anger and frustration over what??

I'm far from a rich person, and I'm not exactly from a great area, AND I'm also a "tax paying citizen", but I can't understand this misery you people are going through.

And a lynching being a prelude? If this is a prelude to some kind of widespread violence against illegals, you can bet that it not will be a common mentality among all Americans.

It's won't be Americans against illegals.
It would end up being a bunch of nutjob Americans against illegals.

Just like MeCha doesn't speak for all of us Mexican-Americans, you guys don't speak for all of us Americans.

You guys are getting too comfortable assuming you speak for Americans. Those of us who regularly battle with you guys are just as American.

Its "your taxes" or "your country", its OURS.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Let me guess: higher levels of anger and frustration than even the race riots between Blacks and Whites of another era? 1968-71 was ugly in the DC area.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Let me guess: higher levels of anger and frustration than even the race riots between Blacks and Whites of another era? 1968-71 was ugly in the DC area.
Another attempt to portray illegals and Latinos as the "the man" and White and Black Americans as the oppressed?

For most, illegal immigrants are an annoyance. Anger and frustration? So much that its frightening? A little melodramatic. The streets aren't hot or anything. If everyone in the country had the same mentality as the people on this board, THEN I'd be scared.
If everyone in the country had that same mentality as some of the people on this board, I don't think I'd like it here very much. Thank God its not like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration