Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Another attempt to portray illegals and Latinos as the "the man" and White and Black Americans as the oppressed?

For most, illegal immigrants are an annoyance. Anger and frustration? So much that its frightening? A little melodramatic. The streets aren't hot or anything. If everyone in the country had the same mentality as the people on this board, THEN I'd be scared.
If everyone in the country had that same mentality as some of the people on this board, I don't think I'd like it here very much. Thank God its not like that.
That question was directed to Benicar: we are close in age and both of us have personal experience with life in the Wash DC area.

I remember those race riots and things could have gotten very ugly had the rioters been allowed to run amok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That question was directed to Benicar: we are close in age and both of us have personal experience with life in the Wash DC area.

I remember those race riots and things could have gotten very ugly had the rioters been allowed to run amok.
Very true. I'm not sure what will happen, but if something isn't done soon, no one will be able to ignore this problem.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Anger and frustration over what??

I'm far from a rich person, and I'm not exactly from a great area, AND I'm also a "tax paying citizen", but I can't understand this misery you people are going through.

And a lynching being a prelude?
If this is a prelude to some kind of widespread violence against illegals, you can bet that it not will be a common mentality among all Americans.

It's won't be Americans against illegals.
It would end up being a bunch of nutjob Americans against illegals.

Just like MeCha doesn't speak for all of us Mexican-Americans, you guys don't speak for all of us Americans.

You guys are getting too comfortable assuming you speak for Americans. Those of us who regularly battle with you guys are just as American.

Its "your taxes" or "your country", its OURS.
What lynching? Unless I'm posting on the wrong thread, this thread is not remotely related to a lynching. What are you smoking?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What lynching? Unless I'm posting on the wrong thread, this thread is not remotely related to a lynching. What are you smoking?
Quote:
lynching
noun putting a person to death by mob action without due process of law
This is the right thread.

Quote:
As a taxpaying U.S. citizen, I’m tired of being used by people who have such a total disdain for our country. The very least they could do is not harm us. It’s bad enough our schools are in shambles and our hospitals are closing. I keep hearing that it’s only approximately 10% of illegals who are committing crimes; well 10% of the estimated 12-20 millions is a HUGE number of violent criminals that we definitely don’t need in our country.

I certainly don’t condone the murder of this man, but illegals and their supporters need to realize that this is simply a prelude. I have never in my life witnessed such anger and frustration as what I am now seeing. Actually, it’s frightening.
Sure the smokes not coming from you?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
This is the right thread.

Sure the smokes not coming from you?
Where did I mention anything about a lynching? I see you're up to your old tricks again, and I won't play your game. Is this, or is this not, a thread discussing the man who was killed by the kids in PA? If he was lynched, I certainly didn't hear it.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Where did I mention anything about a lynching? I see you're up to your old tricks again, and I won't play your game.
What tricks?

This thread is about a group of teens that murdered an illegal alien.

You basically stated that the death was bad, but it may be a prelude to future violence. Because the anger and frustration is so heavy right now.

And I responded to that post referring to the murder as a lynching.

What kind of tricks are those? My old tricks? What tricks? You won't play my game? I dont even know what game it is!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
What tricks?

This thread is about a group of teens that murdered an illegal alien.

You basically stated that the death was bad, but it may be a prelude to future violence. Because the anger and frustration is so heavy right now.

And I responded to that post referring to the murder as a lynching.

What kind of tricks are those? My old tricks? What tricks? You won't play my game? I dont even know what game it is!

I did not read your "lynching" comment. Therefore, I was not making reference to it. The only place I saw the word lynching, was in the post I bolded. Stick to the actual details of the crime, and there won't be any confusion.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I did not read your "lynching" comment. Therefore, I was not making reference to it. The only place I saw the word lynching, was in the post I bolded. Stick to the actual details of the crime, and there won't be any confusion.
This was a lynching. The man was killed by a mob.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
This was a lynching. The man was killed by a mob.
Obviously, our definitions of "lynching" differ. When I think of a lynching, I envision someone hanging by a noose from a tree. I have seen enough pictures of black men who were lynched. This was no lynching.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Obviously, our definitions of "lynching" differ. When I think of a lynching, I envision someone hanging by a noose from a tree. I have seen enough pictures of black men who were lynched. This was no lynching.
Definition of lynching is a mob killing someone, usually done by lynching.
As much as you refuse to believe it, this aint that different.

Lest we forget,
Quote:
It is estimated that at least 597 Mexicans and Mexican Americans were lynched between 1848 and 1928 in the Southwest. Mexican Americans were lynched at a rate of 27.4 per 100,000 of population between 1880 and 1930. This statistic is second only to that of the African American community during that period, which suffered an average of 37.1 per 100,000 of population. Between 1848 to 1879, Mexicans were lynched at an unprecedented rate of 473 per 100,000 of population. More problematic still is the fact that, despite the recent flourishing of academic literature on lynching, scholars also persistently overlook anti-Mexican violence.
Not to say Mexicans have experienced as much discrimination in America as Blacks, but history like that is too often ignored.

It doesn't have to be a Black person to be a lynching. Just like it doesnt have to be a Black victim to make it a hate crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration