U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Actually, they are all beyond pathetic. The perpetual twisting of everyone's words to suit their needs is just sad on far too many levels. They won't be satisfied until America collapsing under the weight of the new found poverty stricken masses we have acquired through illegal alien border jumpers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's long past time to turn out the lamp and declare a moratorium on all immigration until we get our house in order.

After that, we should slowly began to allow LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are sponsored by and the responsibility of their employer.
ITA! We simply cannot sustain this level of illegal entry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,997,852 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
waaaait JUST A MINUTE, 'ese'.....now 'pro illegals' are anyone who doesn't HATE illegals? Since when? I must have missed that one.

As for myself, I've never even come close to 'hating' illegals...as you know, I've known many, and LIKED most of those whom I've known. But as a '
phenomenon', I'm very much against illegal imigration..I think it's a travesty, it's WAY out of hand, and it can't possibly continue if we expect to have any kind of a free and decent society. ( I love my alcoholic uncle, too...but I HATE drunk driving, and I want drunk drivers off the road).

So I don't 'hate' illegals, while 'hating' the situation. This makes me a 'Pro-Illegal'? That's a new one on me....

Well, if you want to make it even MORE complicated, I would say that most of us labelled "pro-illegal" would actually be "pro-immigrant".
Difference being we consider illegal immigrants to be immigratns.

The "anti-illegal" side sees illegals as criminals, "the menace", invaders, racists, terrorists, a culture of child molesters, whatever.

I'm not pro-illegal, as in wanting there to be more and more illegals, and I dont enjoy the illegal status. I hope we can make these people legal.

Your little cheerleaders here want to deport now and ask questions later. And they have some very horrid views of the immigrants, most who are the like the ones you used to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,900,435 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! We simply cannot sustain this level of illegal entry.

I'm always amazed that the flag wavers of Mexico pretend not to understand that America is OUR HOME and we have no intention of allowing them to kill it simply because "they want a better life" or to live "their dream" at the expense of killing our citizens and our country.

They love and honor a country that does not want them, could care less if they live or die and forces them to flee by the millions. Yet they profess undying love and loyalty for it.

What's wrong with this picture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,997,852 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I'm always amazed that the flag wavers of Mexico pretend not to understand that America is OUR HOME and we have no intention of allowing them to kill it simply because "they want a better life" or to live "their dream" at the expense of killing our citizens and our country.

They love and honor a country that does not want them, could care less if they live or die and forces them to flee by the millions. Yet they profess undying love and loyalty for it.

What's wrong with this picture?
They ARE that country!

I dont love America for having Guantanamo Bay, or invading Iraq, or for any other shady stuff America does. I love it because its my home, its my culture, its where I've lived my life.

Thats why they are proud of Mexico, because they are Mexico. Thats where their culture is and their family is, where they come from.

Since America was born, people have been coming from other countries and loving their countries EVEN though they had to flee it. And they broght their cultures, which with a bunch of other cultures MADE American culture.

Why is that concept so hard for you to get through your head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! We simply cannot sustain this level of illegal entry.
Good observation. As I've said REPEATEDLY....(sigh)...and 'over and over' as well.....this type of reasoning would 'fly' in NO OTHER situation....no employer, no university, no club, no trade association or professional group...would stand by and let itself be swamped by 'all comers', feeling that it had the duty to accept anyone and everyone who decided to show up...just because they 'felt like it', and wanted the benefits of membership. NO group would condone this, nor COULD they, even if they wanted to.

Yet, for some people, the US is 'different'....unlike any other organization, it has no right to monitor who 'gets in' and who must wait, and who is unacceptable. It's a surreal argument....and it's not one that relies much on logic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'm not pro-illegal, as in wanting there to be more and more illegals, and I dont enjoy the illegal status. I hope we can make these people legal.
.
I wouldn't want to see EVERYONE deported..but maybe everyone who's been here 6 or 7 years or less. Total amnesty would be an outrageous travesty.

I don't 'hate' burglars or shoplifters, and I'd like to think they could someday 'go straight'. But right now, they're NOT..they're lawbreakers. And if they ever do "go straight", they'll still suffer some form of punishment, and they won't get to keep the 'loot' they stole.

Illegal immigrants, today, are much the same. They're breaking the law, and they do so willingly and with their eyes open. I don't 'hate' them...but to simply 'write off' what they did is an insult to all of us. It's NOT "OK". It may have been a 'small matter' in the past....it's a BIG MATTER today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
They ARE that country!
I dont love America for having Guantanamo Bay, or invading Iraq, or for any other shady stuff America does. I love it because its my home, its my culture, its where I've lived my life.

Thats why they are proud of Mexico, because they are Mexico. Thats where their culture is and their family is, where they come from.

Since America was born, people have been coming from other countries and loving their countries EVEN though they had to flee it. And they broght their cultures, which with a bunch of other cultures MADE American culture.

Why is that concept so hard for you to get through your head?
If they ARE Mexico, and love it so intensely, why don't they remain there and fight to make it a better country? Why do they leave the land they love for the land they hate? I simply canít fathom this mindset.

I was taught that anything worth having was worth fighting for. Mexico is a wealthy country. Itís not as though there are no natural resources or means for employment. Why do they come here DEMANDING from us, yet they donít have enough gumption to DEMAND their rights in their own country?

We donít want, nor do we need, millions of illegal aliens whose bodies are here and hearts are in Mexico. Itís best for all involved that they reunite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,912 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I wouldn't want to see EVERYONE deported..but maybe everyone who's been here 6 or 7 years or less. Total amnesty would be an outrageous travesty.

I don't 'hate' burglars or shoplifters, and I'd like to think they could someday 'go straight'. But right now, they're NOT..they're lawbreakers. And if they ever do "go straight", they'll still suffer some form of punishment, and they won't get to keep the 'loot' they stole.

Illegal immigrants, today, are much the same. They're breaking the law, and they do so willingly and with their eyes open. I don't 'hate' them...but to simply 'write off' what they did is an insult to all of us. It's NOT "OK". It may have been a 'small matter' in the past....it's a BIG MATTER today.

I asked an illegal immigrant "Hey, how long have you been here?".
His response: "Oh since they killed Selena."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If they ARE Mexico, and love it so intensely, why don't they remain there and fight to make it a better country? Why do they leave the land they love for the land they hate? I simply canít fathom this mindset.

I was taught that anything worth having was worth fighting for. Mexico is a wealthy country. Itís not as though there are no natural resources or means for employment. Why do they come here DEMANDING from us, yet they donít have enough gumption to DEMAND their rights in their own country?

We donít want, nor do we need, millions of illegal aliens whose bodies are here and hearts are in Mexico. Itís best for all involved that they reunite.
Benicar, do you remember the old "white guilt" thread? We had quite a discussion on that...as I recall, I said I don't think it's actually "white" guilt, but close..a 'post-protestant, secular Western guilt' or words to that effect. It exists in the US and a few other 'progressive' countries....it does NOT exist in Mexico.

Why do the illegals come here and 'beat up' on us, rather than the 'folks back home'? That's your answer...they can 'smell' the 'white guilt' a mile away....and they know that back home, there ISN'T any!!.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
 
1,417 posts, read 852,912 times
Reputation: 76
Why did anyone come to America? Money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top