Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:20 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
*sigh*

Yes, I have a "problem" due to the MASSIVE number of illegal aliens who have overcrowded our country, thus creating a problem with LEGAL immigration.

Unlimited immigration is what has been occurring in this country thanks to illegal immigration. In other words, come one come all -- there are no "caps" -- there are no "restrictions" there are no "limits."

Still don't understand?

Main Entry: un·lim·it·ed
Pronunciation: \-ˈli-mə-təd\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 : lacking any controls : unrestricted <unlimited access>
2 : boundless, infinite <unlimited possibilities>
3 : not bounded by exceptions : undefined

unlimited - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
First of all, i don't know how 12-15 million people are overcrowding a country of 300 million plus.

Second of all, how is that creating a problem with legal immigration? If you want to stop all forms of immigration, then come out boldly and say it. Don't try to hide behind the idea that it's because of illegal immigration that you want to put a stop on all forms of immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Legal immigration IS good, when allowed in a controlled manner for the benefit of the receiving country. Right now the numbers are not justified based on that criteria, and I believe the US needs to return to a more limited amount of legal immigration. In other words, pre-1965 numbers and qualifications. The last 40+ years have proven the folly of Swimmer Kennedy's immigration free-for-all.

I also believe that a temporary halt to ALL immigration is necessary to allow our immigration agencies to focus on removing those who don't have permission to be here. That's not anti-immigrant, it's pro-America.
Don't you think the will make the problem even worse? Instead of people coming in legally, more will be lured to come in illegally.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Don't you think the will make the problem even worse? Instead of people coming in legally, more will be lured to come in illegally.
No I don't. Anyone that comes illegally is making a choice to violate our sovereign laws, and deserves to be hunted down and expelled PERMANENTLY.

No one has the 'right' to immigrate to this country. We have the right AND the responsibility to regulate immigration for the benefit of THIS nation and it's CITIZENS. Allowing our immigration services the time and opportunity to alleviate the illegal problem will only serve to make LEGAL immigration work as it was originally intended, to benefit US.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:56 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Suffice to say:

If some of the avowed pro illegal immigrant crowd were forced into a corner in a court of law-----------many of them would cross the line into 'lying by omission'.

I have known some people like that---------they are not to be trusted, period.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
First of all, i don't know how 12-15 million people are overcrowding a country of 300 million plus.

Second of all, how is that creating a problem with legal immigration? If you want to stop all forms of immigration, then come out boldly and say it. Don't try to hide behind the idea that it's because of illegal immigration that you want to put a stop on all forms of immigration.
You cannot twist my words or my stance on immigration to support your illegal agenda. I have expressed my opposition to ILLEGAL immigration ad nauseam. I have also enunciated my reasons for limiting LEGAL immigration, in a manner that even my 6 y/o niece could clearly comprehend. Unlike you, my cause is justified, rational, and logical; more importantly………LEGAL.

I’m only going to explain this to you one more time. Read slowly. I AM NOT ANTI-IMMIGRANT -- I AM ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

There are millions of LEGAL immigrants residing in this country, and I do NOT oppose their presence, irrespective of race/ethnicity. As a matter of fact, I am tremendously grateful for “legal” immigration. If not for this process, I would not have my precious son.

Unfortunately, our capacity for legal immigration has been exorbitantly diminished by the massive unabated influx of illegal alien interlopers. As a result, we must seriously revise or legal immigration quotas to reflect this massive invasion. It’s unfair to those who chose to play by the rules; but such is life. If you’re standing in line to purchase one of the remaining 500 concert tickets, and 600 people cut in line ahead of you with impunity; chances are, you, the one who is following the rules, will be SOL.

If I opposed legal immigration, I would have no problem acknowledging my stance; just as I have no problem acknowledging my abhorrence of illegal immigration.

If you are still unable to clearly comprehend my position, perhaps enrollment in the following is warranted……… Welcome to Reading Is Fundamental

Old 07-28-2008, 11:04 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say:

If some of the avowed pro illegal immigrant crowd were forced into a corner in a court of law-----------many of them would cross the line into 'lying by omission'.

I have known some people like that---------they are not to be trusted, period.
You can call us "pro illegals" but were definitely not avowed Pro illegals. That name was put on some of us by you guys.

Most of us just dont hate illegals and are alarmed by your guys' alarm, lol.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
You can call us "pro illegals" but were definitely not avowed Pro illegals. That name was put on some of us by you guys.

Most of us just dont hate illegals and are alarmed by your guys' alarm, lol.
waaaait JUST A MINUTE, 'ese'.....now 'pro illegals' are anyone who doesn't HATE illegals? Since when? I must have missed that one.

As for myself, I've never even come close to 'hating' illegals...as you know, I've known many, and LIKED most of those whom I've known. But as a '
phenomenon', I'm very much against illegal imigration..I think it's a travesty, it's WAY out of hand, and it can't possibly continue if we expect to have any kind of a free and decent society. ( I love my alcoholic uncle, too...but I HATE drunk driving, and I want drunk drivers off the road).

So I don't 'hate' illegals, while 'hating' the situation. This makes me a 'Pro-Illegal'? That's a new one on me....

Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
waaaait JUST A MINUTE, 'ese'.....now 'pro illegals' are anyone who doesn't HATE illegals? Since when? I must have missed that one.

As for myself, I've never even come close to 'hating' illegals...as you know, I've known many, and LIKED most of those whom I've known. But as a '
phenomenon', I'm very much against illegal imigration..I think it's a travesty, it's WAY out of hand, and it can't possibly continue if we expect to have any kind of a free and decent society. ( I love my alcoholic uncle, too...but I HATE drunk driving, and I want drunk drivers off the road).

So I don't 'hate' illegals, while 'hating' the situation. This makes me a 'Pro-Illegal'? That's a new one on me....
Kudos! Next, anyone opposed to illegal immigration will be considered “anti-human.” AMC’s posts are truly beginning to ooze desperation; and that uber ridiculous post is a glaring illustration. It’s actually rather pathetic.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Kudos! Next, anyone opposed to illegal immigration will be considered “anti-human.” AMC’s posts are truly beginning to ooze desperation; and that uber ridiculous post is a glaring illustration. It’s actually rather pathetic.
Actually, they are all beyond pathetic. The perpetual twisting of everyone's words to suit their needs is just sad on far too many levels. They won't be satisfied until America collapsing under the weight of the new found poverty stricken masses we have acquired through illegal alien border jumpers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's long past time to turn out the lamp and declare a moratorium on all immigration until we get our house in order.

After that, we should slowly began to allow LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are sponsored by and the responsibility of their employer.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:58 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Actually, they are all beyond pathetic. The perpetual twisting of everyone's words to suit their needs is just sad on far too many levels. They won't be satisfied until America collapsing under the weight of the new found poverty stricken masses we have acquired through illegal alien border jumpers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's long past time to turn out the lamp and declare a moratorium on all immigration until we get our house in order.

After that, we should slowly began to allow LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who are sponsored by and the responsibility of their employer.

I get this from both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration