Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
No ones denying the quality of life is overall better in the U.S.

Sure you end up in one of the neighborhoods the country the doesnt care about with a bunch of other minorities, where there is lots of drugs, gangs, and poverty. But the chance for your kid to grow up, get a better education, and find good work and MAYBE move up into the middle class are a lot higher than if you are in the poor class of Mexico.

Would you rather be in the poor class of Mexico or the poor class of the U.S.?

Theyre not moving to the U.S. for a promotion or a 5 percent raise in salary. Theyre moving here because its better being poor here than in the U.S.
In the first place one can't consider themselves "poor" when living in America, not when they have a television, vcrs, cell phones and etc. Nope, they are not really poor at all. We have homeless who need our help and I would prefer we look after them than to look after any illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 04:55 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:

Aside from that, illegals arent doing anything to "annoy" people. Theyre just working.
Yep, not doing a thing to annoy anyone, just likking and maiming all over the country. Naw, they aren't doing a thing to annoy us at all.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
How much of a fuss are they really causing? There are a lot of groups that advocate illegal immigrants that are annoying you guys so much.

Whats an illegal immigrant to do if they got people pushing for them to become citizens?
"You want to help us? Sure, ill march on your parade!"

Aside from that, illegals arent doing anything to "annoy" people. Theyre just working.

But certain problems in this county require a scapegoat, so they are being put in the spotlight.
They are not doing anything to annoy people, huh? This is a joke, right? Because I'll tell you something. Crap like this annoys the he11 out of me. And please inform your amigos that the flag of the United States of America is NOT to be worn as an article of clothing.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 AM

I cannot imagine that this might annoy an American citizen whose ancestors fought and died for this country.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:16 AM

Sow the wind, baby. Reap the whirlwind.

http://www.dvdoutsider.co.uk/dvd/pix/a/ap/apocalypsenow4.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-30-2008, 08:52 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:

But certain problems in this county require a scapegoat, so they are being put in the spotlight.
Somehow, I knew you'd explain it to me. Thanks for 'setting me straight'. As I'm sure you'd agree, "Nobody can annoy me, unless I CHOOSE to let him". Words of wisdom.....

Next time somebody steps on my toe, I'll think of you, and remind myself, "This guy's foot REALLY isn't really on top of MINE...it's more like MY foot is under HIS".....by the same token, the illegals REALLY don't annoy us....and goodness knows, 'we' don't really annoy them, either..everything's just 'Pinche'....or is that 'Peachy'?.....no matter, I guess..

Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They are not doing anything to annoy people, huh? This is a joke, right? Because I'll tell you something. Crap like this annoys the he11 out of me. And please inform your amigos that the flag of the United States of America is NOT to be worn as an article of clothing.

Oh, okay, I'll pass the message.

Thank god theyre not wearing Mexican flags, or youd really bust a vessel!

Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Quote:
Oh, okay, I'll pass the message.

Thank god theyre not wearing Mexican flags, or youd really bust a vessel!
Aren't those Rex-Kwon-Do pants?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:35 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,751,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I cannot imagine that this might annoy an American citizen whose ancestors fought and died for this country.

You mean recently or old wars?

Illegal Immigrants: Uncle Sam Wants You -- In These Times

Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
The word 'ancestors' should give you a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration