Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 12:00 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times

Advertisements

I mightve posed this question before. But I'd like to hear some new opinions.

We've seen post after post about crimes committed by illegal aliens. Forming such a large percentage of the overall population in America, I'd be surprised if we werent hearing about any crimes committed by these people!
I mean, theres millions in this country.
So we get the idea that these bloodthirsty criminals are jumping our border ready to steal some identities, get in on welfare benefits, and just create some mayhem in the country.(Can WIC checks and Food Stamps be used for guns and ammo??)

So naturally, wouldn't we think that the cities with the largest populations of illegal immigrants would end up being the most dangerous cities in this country? Imagine a city with over a million illegal immigrants in it. Or at least in the hundreds of thousands. Wouldn't these cities be a warzone?

So why is it that Los Angeles and New York, are not the most dangerous major cities in the country?
Why is New York, with its massive immigrant population, one of the safest big cities?
Why is Los Angeles crime so much lower than it was 15 years ago when there were a lot less illegal immigrants?
And come to think of it, why does San Diego, the most busy border city in the country, right next to Tijuana, have some of the lowest crime rates in the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 12:18 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I mightve posed this question before. But I'd like to hear some new opinions.

We've seen post after post about crimes committed by illegal aliens. Forming such a large percentage of the overall population in America, I'd be surprised if we werent hearing about any crimes committed by these people!
I mean, theres millions in this country.
So we get the idea that these bloodthirsty criminals are jumping our border ready to steal some identities, get in on welfare benefits, and just create some mayhem in the country.(Can WIC checks and Food Stamps be used for guns and ammo??)

So naturally, wouldn't we think that the cities with the largest populations of illegal immigrants would end up being the most dangerous cities in this country? Imagine a city with over a million illegal immigrants in it. Or at least in the hundreds of thousands. Wouldn't these cities be a warzone?

So why is it that Los Angeles and New York, are not the most dangerous major cities in the country?
Why is New York, with its massive immigrant population, one of the safest big cities?
Why is Los Angeles crime so much lower than it was 15 years ago when there were a lot less illegal immigrants?
And come to think of it, why does San Diego, the most busy border city in the country, right next to Tijuana, have some of the lowest crime rates in the country?
can you post sources for these stats?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
can you post sources for these stats?
Look it up.

Heres a list of the most dangerous cities.
Los Angeles never comes up on the top of the list. Compton does, but thats a very small section of Los Angeles. And its only about half Latino, some of those being illegal.
We see Philly, Detroit, St. Louis, Atlanta. Not exactly known for massive illegal populations compared to Los Angeles, New York, Miami.

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2007 — Infoplease.com

Seymour Brave Bloggers: Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S.

Not too sure about these sources, but its pretty much common knowledge by now. So Im just giving you something to look at. Scroll down to "Cities over 500,000. Its the second list.

Rankings by Population Group
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration