Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In Indiana and Kentucky, meanwhile, immigration bills were defeated following debates in which business groups cautioned they could damage the local economy.

A coalition of business groups in Virginia blocked legislation that would have required all employers to confirm workers' immigration status using E-Verify.

While the battles in state legislatures continue this year business leaders hope their activism will put them in a stronger position to lobby for immigration reform, regardless of whomever wins the November 4 general election.

"When you create a coalition of like-minded groups it helps to amplify the message that reform is needed," said Hobey Bauhan of the Virginia Poultry Federation, and a prominent member of the Virginia Employers for Sensible Immigration Policy coalition.

"Hopefully it will give us a stronger voice to support immigration reform at the federal level," he said
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/2506/53/

These are the people some of you should be getting mad at. As i read through the forums, i see some posters are more outraged at the illegal immigrants than those who employ them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Actually this poster is mad at all the enablers as well as the illegals.
Employers
Landlords
political reps who refuse to do what the voters demand
neighbors who know that the guy who lives next door is an illegal and doesn't report them.
The gov for making it difficult to report it
State and city govs who create sanctuary laws
The illegals themselves who have no respect for our laws

Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Absolutely, Tinman . . . I could not agree more!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Employers
Landlords
neighbors who know that the guy who lives next door is an illegal and doesn't report them.
How is the government making it difficult to report it? I thought all you had to do was pick up the phone and notify ICE.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
How is the government making it difficult to report it? I thought all you had to do was pick up the phone and notify ICE.
LOL unless you have time and a computer the phone # is a challenge to find. Then you have to navigate the answering service. Then they put you on hold for what feels like forever etc.
I am proud to say I have endured this torture more than a few times.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
LOL unless you have time and a computer the phone # is a challenge to find. Then you have to navigate the answering service. Then they put you on hold for what feels like forever etc.
No pain, no gain right?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Employers
Landlords
As you stated

Old 07-25-2008, 09:57 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
I can relate to sitting on hold for a human to answer the call.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I can relate to sitting on hold for a human to answer the call.
exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration