Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 06:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Build a huge wall around this country and don't let them in or have them pay for stuff. As a person legally here and be a foreigner it is also very frustrating that we had to pay so much to get here, stay here and had a hard time getting all things like credit cards, insurance, had to go to the DMV every year, before 9/11 we got the license for 7 years and than well they decided to cut it up every year and you have to go there every year some other have to go every 3 month and pay over and over.
I understand that this is a hard subject and there are good things to say for both sides but why do we have to proof everything if illegals get it without having proof who they are or they might even be criminals, well they all are since entering illegal is illegal as the word says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 07:04 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Build a huge wall around this country and don't let them in or have them pay for stuff. As a person legally here and be a foreigner it is also very frustrating that we had to pay so much to get here, stay here and had a hard time getting all things like credit cards, insurance, had to go to the DMV every year, before 9/11 we got the license for 7 years and than well they decided to cut it up every year and you have to go there every year some other have to go every 3 month and pay over and over.
I understand that this is a hard subject and there are good things to say for both sides but why do we have to proof everything if illegals get it without having proof who they are or they might even be criminals, well they all are since entering illegal is illegal as the word says.
Very good points that you made and I am sorry that this is happening to people who legally did the right thing to get into our country. All I can say is that our government has decided that illegals are the chosen people for whatever reason. The reason I believe is that our government is wanting a one world government and this is their way of doing it.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:22 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Then you seem to agree, from what is stated below, that there are some illegals who fall into the categories where they would make use of the insurance. If that is the case then you have also agreed that AMERICANS hit in accidents by said IA's would benefit from it.

I have already showed how the little person would benefit. Saying that only the big companies would benefit is false.

And if as you seem to be trying to also say, "ILLEGALS WON'T BUY IT", then the insurance companies make nothing. In which case it's a non issue.

A DIRECT QUESTION TO YOU. WHICH DO YOU CONTEND.
1) IA's WON'T BUY THE INSURANCE?
2) IA'S WILL BUY IT?

You can't have it both ways. What ever you answer I will respond.

BRING IT ON, BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Opps....broke my exclamation key.
How does a friendly debate turn into calling me an offensive name such as BIATCH? End of conversation.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-27-2008 at 07:38 AM..

Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
On one hand, if an illegal causes an accident and has no insurance, the injured party is stuck with the bill. Although, I do believe most insurance companies will cover damages for their insured party if the other party does not have coverage. On the other hand, if insurance companies offer coverage to individuals without having knowledge of their driving record, i.e. DUI’s, vehicular manslaughter, etc…… are our roads actually safer? Does it really matter if we are able to sue an insurance company after our loved one is killed by an “unlicensed” yet “insured” driver? Yes, we would receive a settlement. However, at what cost?

If auto insurance companies are permitted to offer insurance to those without a driver’s license, aren’t they in fact condoning as well as enabling the operation of a motor vehicle without a license? I consider this practice as deleterious as insurance companies offering coverage to unlicensed electricians. Would you actually want someone wiring your home who is “insured” yet unlicensed? Would you want a “quack” doctor to be able to obtain malpractice insurance?

Irrespective of the immigration status of a driver; do we really want people driving cars in this country whose driving skills have not been determined? The reason we are required to have a driver’s license in this country is to ensure that all individuals operating a motor vehicle have the requisite knowledge to “safely” drive a car.

A motor vehicle can be a lethal weapon, as evidenced by the thousands annually killed on our highways. IMO, no one should be behind the wheel of a car whose skills have not been tested, or has lost the ‘privilege’ to drive due to their flagrant disregard for the safety of others. I particularly would not want those responsible for the loss of life to legally be able to purchase a car and have it insured.

I would find little comfort in receiving a settlement if I or my loved one was paralyzed, maimed, or killed by someone who should not have been driving in the first place. If illegal aliens can obtain auto insurance without a driver’s license, ANYONE who has had their license suspended or revoked due to numerous reckless driving infractions, including vehicular manslaughter, would be afforded the same. If a driving record is not required, how will the insurer know they are not insuring the car of someone convicted of multiple DUI’s or vehicular manslaughter? I have a serious problem with that, and I don’t care whether the insured is an illegal alien or a legal citizen of this country.

Insurance companies have simply adopted this policy for profit. If they were concerned for the safety of the public, they would require that their insured are qualified licensed drivers. The fact that illegals will drive anyway, is totally irrelevant. They disregard ALL of our laws, so what’s new?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
How does a friendly debate turn into calling me an offensive name such as BIATCH? End of conversation.
Aw, he was just playin with ya...it's not a word that's meant to be offensive, just a joke kinda word

Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
ITA! There is no excuse for this.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:57 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
LOL, good way to get out of the debate you were losing.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! There is no excuse for this.
Thank you, playing or not it's beyond offensive to assume it's ok, especially when it's NOT.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
On one hand, if an illegal causes an accident and has no insurance, the injured party is stuck with the bill. Although, I do believe most insurance companies will cover damages for their insured party if the other party does not have coverage. On the other hand, if insurance companies offer coverage to individuals without having knowledge of their driving record, i.e. DUI’s, vehicular manslaughter, etc…… are our roads actually safer? Does it really matter if we are able to sue an insurance company after our loved one is killed by an “unlicensed” yet “insured” driver? Yes, we would receive a settlement. However, at what cost?

If auto insurance companies are permitted to offer insurance to those without a driver’s license, aren’t they in fact condoning as well as enabling the operation of a motor vehicle without a license? I consider this practice as deleterious as insurance companies offering coverage to unlicensed electricians. Would you actually want someone wiring your home who is “insured” yet unlicensed? Would you want a “quack” doctor to be able to obtain malpractice insurance?

Irrespective of the immigration status of a driver; do we really want people driving cars in this country whose driving skills have not been determined? The reason we are required to have a driver’s license in this country is to ensure that all individuals operating a motor vehicle have the requisite knowledge to “safely” drive a car.

A motor vehicle can be a lethal weapon, as evidenced by the thousands annually killed on our highways. IMO, no one should be behind the wheel of a car whose skills have not been tested, or has lost the ‘privilege’ to drive due to their flagrant disregard for the safety of others. I particularly would not want those responsible for the loss of life to legally be able to purchase a car and have it insured.

I would find little comfort in receiving a settlement if I or my loved one was paralyzed, maimed, or killed by someone who should not have been driving in the first place. If illegal aliens can obtain auto insurance without a driver’s license, ANYONE who has had their license suspended or revoked due to numerous reckless driving infractions, including vehicular manslaughter, would be afforded the same. If a driving record is not required, how will the insurer know they are not insuring the car of someone convicted of multiple DUI’s or vehicular manslaughter? I have a serious problem with that, and I don’t care whether the insured is an illegal alien or a legal citizen of this country.

Insurance companies have simply adopted this policy for profit. If they were concerned for the safety of the public, they would require that their insured are qualified licensed drivers. The fact that illegals will drive anyway, is totally irrelevant. They disregard ALL of our laws, so what’s new?
Eloquently stated, ITA.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Even though I am new to this forum I have already seen that the pro-illegal and open borders' people tend to call people they disagree with in here names. I guess it stems from the fact that they are losing the hearts and minds of the American public and that they are tired of being on the losing end of debates and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration