U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Even though I am new to this forum I have already seen that the pro-illegal and open borders' people tend to call people they disagree with in here names. I guess it stems from the fact that they are losing the hearts and minds of the American public and that they are tired of being on the losing end of debates and such.
Agreed, and the fact that they are aware that they are losing is exhibited time and again with them either: (a) totally changing the subject of the debate by throwing in some stupid comment that is irrelevant to the topic; or (b) childish comments in their sad attempts to reduce you to their level of O/T pettiness. There are several (I'm sure you know who they are) not even worth me finding the blast button Benicar created. Many of the "children" on this board are not worthy of my time or any form of my attention or response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,644 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Even though I am new to this forum I have already seen that the pro-illegal and open borders' people tend to call people they disagree with in here names. I guess it stems from the fact that they are losing the hearts and minds of the American public and that they are tired of being on the losing end of debates and such.
Too bad randomU is not "pro-illegal", he's actually part of your crowd. It's funny how RandomU can agree with you guys on everything yet he disagrees on this one issue then he's labelled open borders and "pro-illegal". It just shows how losely that term open borders and pro-illegal is thrown around.

Btw, don't act as if the anti-immigrant crowd don't call people names on this board.

Last edited by blacknight04; 07-27-2008 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Even though I am new to this forum I have already seen that the pro-illegal and open borders' people tend to call people they disagree with in here names. I guess it stems from the fact that they are losing the hearts and minds of the American public and that they are tired of being on the losing end of debates and such.
It's even more disheartening when the offender is NOT a pro-illegal. Similar to the 'sting' of one being killed in combat by friendly fire. It's so incredibly sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Too bad randomU is not "pro-illegal", he's actually part of your crowd. It's funny how RandomU can agree with you guys on everything yet he disagrees on this one issue then he's labelled open borders and "pro-illegal". It just shows how losely that term open borders and pro-illegal is thrown around.

Btw, don't act as if the anti-immigrant crowd don't call people names on this board.
Anonymous Political Junky clearly qualified his/her statement as a "new" member, and therefore would have no knowledge of the anti or pro status of the poster. There is no justification for resorting to vulgar invectives; and I would not condone it had it been directed to a pro-illegal. Itís unacceptable, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Reputation: 22163
Nothing stops illegals from buying liability insurance now. They choose not to because it saves them money and they know they aren't expected to follow any laws that inconvenience them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Reputation: 22163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Even if illegals could get auto insurance, i think odds are they wont buy it.

Does uninsured driver coverage cover illegals driving?
What they often do is pay cash for one month's coverage so they can have the insurance card which they need to have license plates and registration stickers.

Then they never pay again, the insurance lapses until the next year when they repeat the process.

In order to send $400 average remittances back to Mexico a month, an illegal must scrimp on other things, liability insurance obviously is one thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 08:59 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,794,644 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anonymous Political Junky clearly qualified his/her statement as a "new" member, and therefore would have no knowledge of the anti or pro status of the poster. There is no justification for resorting to vulgar invectives; and I would not condone it had it been directed to a pro-illegal. Itís unacceptable, period.
Give me a freaking break, Jdubs in another post refered to my mom( Btw who had 3 kids and may her soul rest in peace) as "breeder".
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDubsMom
DREAM ON . . . Please don't confuse me with your breeder. Unlike her, I have no reason to lie
Now she gets offended that someone joking called her a b word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Give me a freaking break, Jdubs in another post refered to my mom( Btw who had 3 kids and may her soul rest in peace) as "breeder".


Now she gets offended that someone joking called her a b word?
Well knight you and I disagree more oft than we agree. That said I have never read a post of yours where you resort to bashing family members of other posters. In fact I don't recall a time when you called names.
You have my respect even though we sit on opposite sides of the fence.
My mom had 6 children I suppose she was a breeder also. A breeder of US citizens of course. LOL Does this matter? I wonder when it became acceptable to attack family members. I was raised to treat that as a taboo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Give me a freaking break, Jdubs in another post refered to my mom( Btw who had 3 kids and may her soul rest in peace) as "breeder".

Now she gets offended that someone joking called her a b word?
The comment was wrong, period; and I stand by my objection. Furthermore, two wrongs donít make a right. I donít want anyone to denigrate my mother, and I treat others accordingly. Iím sorry you have lost your mom. May she rest in peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Give me a freaking break, Jdubs in another post refered to my mom( Btw who had 3 kids and may her soul rest in peace) as "breeder".


Now she gets offended that someone joking called her a b word?
And how do you know I wasn't "joking" by calling your mother a breeder? Exactly you don't know do you? Benicar has a right to her opinion as a woman (and a poster) who is rightfully and obviously personally offended by another woman being called a beyatch under any circumstances.

If you have something to say to me then bring it. Stop inserting your opinion of Benicar and address me personally.

I am only one of many that you have a habit of stalking, personally insulting for attention simply because we disagree with you about the topic of illegal aliens and their destruction of America.

How you treat and respond to others dictates the amount of respect you receive or lack thereof. My response and comments merely reflect my ability to stoop to the level of response that you deserve. I have no respect for you, therefore I treat you accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top