Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
And I ask again, how do the insurance companies even suppose to know what the status of someone is?

In my opinion it is none of their business what my status is in this country, no more than its walmarts business or my neighbors.
Hello . . . .I beg to differ. If they are going to insure you they have every right to know if you are an illegal alien because that will determine how much of a risk you are for them to insure they already know you are going to cost them a big share of their profits. It also determines how much they bilk you out of in terms of the cost of your premiums, because if you are illegal they will automatically consider you a high risk to insure. That way when you go out get drunk, kill somebody and you are in the country illegally to boot they can estimate how many zillions they will have to pay out after the court awards the victim of the illegal alien a small fortune.

They also have to estimate the cost of and whether or not to bring out the biggest guns masquerading as attorneys to save you and their company. The bigger the problem, the bigger the guns and big crooked guns in a murder case costs a lot of money.

It's no different from a life insurance policy. If you apply for a million dollar life insurance policy the insurance company makes you sign a personal release and medical release, so that they can investigate your character as well as your medical history. The last thing they want to do is ensure a high risk and cut a check before you've paid at least 10 times what your policy is actually worth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 05:32 PM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There are several problems with this entire issue beginning with:

1. Criminal illegal entry. Have you ever met an "honest", sympathetic criminal?
Yes I have, One of my friends smokes pot, He is criminal. Aside from that he is an upstanding person who takes care of the elderly and disabled, will give money to the poor, and is an all around great guy.

Quote:
2. Identity: Nobody really knows who any of them really are. They use multiple identities, fake addresses and false documents to obtain whatever they so desire.
Many do. Others use the same ID and have set themselves up as a single person who could be insured except for lacking a Drivers License.

Quote:
3. If they can't read, write or speak English guess what? That means they can't read street signs and they definitely have no clue with regards to rules of the road.
Many can read and write English. A few better then I.

Quote:
4. If they are driving out of the state that granted them their license and are involved in an accident do you really think an illegal alien is going to stop and exchange information (provided they didn't kill the other driver) and wait for the police so they can tell them "I'm an illegal alien but here's my insurance card?
That still leaves the 95% who are in an accident in their home town.

All of your points above suggest IAs are not going to buy the insurance. If that is the case then this is non issue. The insurance will not be sold. End of story. Nothing to debate. Right?

If however your points above are wrong then the insurance winds up helping Americans. In which case it is a good thing.

Either the insurance is meaningless or it HELPS us. Both are fine by me.

Quote:
O/T Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the articles. Now let's get this debate on, I'm ready for you.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

I'll chew up your posts and spit them out like the soft tasteless tofu they are!

Wait this isn't WWF wrestling? Damn.

Will be AFK for the nex few hours.

Random

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
We already pay for them if they are in an accident. And, like I said before, do you honestly think they would purchase insurance, the law abiding citizens they are? And also, like someone else said, would their documentation be false?
I say no insurance for illegals. Every little bit of acceptance is a big step backwards.

So you feel none of them will buy the insurance? Well then what’s the problem. A company puts out a product that no one buys is not really an issue. The only way you can argue this is a problem is if you are saying they will buy it. But then that disproves your point above.

Which is it?

Random

Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
No, No, No! First off, if they can get insurance, then that's just another way of accepting them. Secondly, even if they could get insurance, I seriously doubt they would. They are illegals, what do they care about the law?
ITA. Which is why there are only 3 (or 4 at the most) states the continue to issue licenses to them.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
And I ask again, how do the insurance companies even suppose to know what the status of someone is?

In my opinion it is none of their business what my status is in this country, no more than its walmarts business or my neighbors.
Then you don't need to do business with them. But unless there is law preventing them from asking, they can ask what ever they want. That’s the way a FREE society works!

Random

Old 07-26-2008, 05:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
yes but it should be international insurance not state insurance they are not a resident.
also should have international license. has nothing to do with approval of illegal acts.
if you are here you pay like everybody else.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-26-2008 at 06:04 PM..

Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 PM

Yes I have, One of my friends smokes pot, He is criminal. Aside from that he is an upstanding person who takes care of the elderly and disabled, will give money to the poor, and is an all around great guy.

1. Okay maybe I should have rephrased that, because smoking pot means your friend doesn't mind the risk of killing himself. This topic involves the lives of innocent, unwilling victims. That being said, to call someone an honest illegal alien is in and of itself a redundant impossibility.

Many do. Others use the same ID and have set themselves up as a single person who could be insured except for lacking a Drivers License.

2. Many does not equal all. Keep in mind there are at least 20 million of them here, living in the shadows. Very few are willing to admit they are even here illegally therefore the odds are both their license and insurance have been received under ficticious circumstances.

Many can read and write English. A few better then I.

3. There you go again . . . it's obviously a very few, otherwise everything in this country would not have been converted to English/Spanish. Prior to the invasion, other than printed government forms, everything ELSE was in ENGLISH ONLY.

That still leaves the 95% who are in an accident in their home town.

4. Again, you are making assumptions in terms of the 95%. Odds are if they have a drivers license (and for the sake of argument all 95% have insurance) it will embolden them to travel much farther distances than someone afraid of being caught without either form of identification. I would even go so far as to say they would make regular trips between the US and Mexico.

Either the insurance is meaningless or it HELPS us. Both are fine by me.

Wrong again, in the end just like everything else that has occurred as a result of this invasion it will only help BIG BUSINESS, namely Progressive Insurance. Everybody else (including the illegal alien) will lose.

I'll be waiting patiently for your reply and next time BRING IT . . and I'm talking about your biggest guns.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:56 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
So you feel none of them will buy the insurance? Well then what’s the problem. A company puts out a product that no one buys is not really an issue. The only way you can argue this is a problem is if you are saying they will buy it. But then that disproves your point above.

Which is it?

Random
Ok, you may have "disproved" my point about them not purchasing, but it still leaves my other point about accepting them. Offering them anything, but a ticket home, accepts them in our country.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I agree with the exception of this statement.

Knowing or not knowing English has little or no effect considering the rules of the road are pretty much the same throughout the world.

I have driven in many different countries not knowing the language at all.

That may be true but I'm sure unlike the majority of illegal aliens in this country your education and common sense far exceeds the 3rd grade level.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:44 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Hello . . . .I beg to differ. If they are going to insure you they have every right to know if you are an illegal alien because that will determine how much of a risk you are for them to insure they already know you are going to cost them a big share of their profits. It also determines how much they bilk you out of in terms of the cost of your premiums, because if you are illegal they will automatically consider you a high risk to insure. That way when you go out get drunk, kill somebody and you are in the country illegally to boot they can estimate how many zillions they will have to pay out after the court awards the victim of the illegal alien a small fortune.
How would the insurance companies even know if someone is illegal? A little check box? And how does someone's status determine their driving record? Once agin, you are promoting dicrimination based on sterotypes, something that insurance companies have for too long been getting away with.

Quote:
It's no different from a life insurance policy. If you apply for a million dollar life insurance policy the insurance company makes you sign a personal release and medical release, so that they can investigate your character as well as your medical history. The last thing they want to do is ensure a high risk and cut a check before you've paid at least 10 times what your policy is actually worth..
Because life insurance policies deal directly with a person's health. In no way does immigration status have anything to do with a person's ability to drive.

And once again, how will the insurance companies ever be able to know the status of a person and why is it any of their business what a person's status is? Insurance companies are offering a service, they have no business asking me what my status is no more than the guy I buy stuff from walmart or the place I get my oil changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration