U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times

Advertisements

Damn mac, I can't rep you, either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Whoa Nellie: anti illegal immigrant I may be........genocide crosses the line for me.
I didn't advocate it, just making an assessment.

The politically correct do the illegal aliens the most injustice. It can't happen here? That's a completely delusional assessment.

All it's takes is one act of domestic terrorism by any of these anti-American Hispanic factions (but we can focus on the illegals who spew overthrow), and mostly likely, FEMA via Northern Command, etc., will sweep the country of them into Halliburton's 800 "special purpose" detention centers. You say tomato, I say gulag and concentration camps. As we speak, some 20,000 military personnel are doing a WMD exercise on our soil, described as "massive". This refutes the propaganda of impotence "there's just too many of them to deport". Wrong. It is entirely possible to deal with them -- all of them.

We are wolves warning the sheep about the shepherd -- they're not listening. All it takes is an incident, and we (Americans) now have the ability to become a fascist country overnight.

Overlapping conversations.

H.R. 1955
“Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007”
http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml

Findings . .
(8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.

You see anything in that sentence about illegal aliens?

No? Me either.

The question has always been regarding these detention centers, is who are they for? We will eventually have an answer.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:03 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,677,754 times
I'm not going to read through pages of what is likely drivel, but I will say that the only people who are a threat to America are those who expect the state to take care of them rather than work and those who blame others for their own problems. The latter category includes those who blame illegal immigrants, China, oil companies, OPEC, the bank, their real estate agent, the credit card companies, etc., etc., etc....

Old 08-01-2008, 02:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Really, amc, I've gotten almost fond of you...and I'm really TRYING to 'get it'. But HONESTLY, look at this post...it's almost as if you're determined NOT to be liked, respected, or accepted....the conditions you put on yourself almost guarantee it. No matter what happens, the negative stereotypes will continue? Really? On WHOSE part?

My wife looks about as 'illegal' as she can look..(she's not...but she looks it). And I can assure you she doesn't feel half the paranoia you seem to feel. I really don't think the picture is quite as 'dark' as you make it out to be....it's as if you see a 'racist behind every rock'.

You'll NEVER be 100% accepted, loved, and 'hugged' by everybody...but that shouldn't matter. Your behavior and your attitude can ensure that you are accepted by MOST people..and that's all any of us can do.

There will ALWAYS be people who dislike Hispanics. There will also be those who hate indoor plumbing, television, and women's rights. So what? The point is, are YOU trying to be 'part of the solution', or 'part of the problem'?....are you more interested in being liked and accepted by most people..or in defying ANYONE to 'cross' you?....

If you look around the world, I think you'll find that America is a pretty benevolent, pretty accepting, pretty understanding society, compared to most. Isn't that why we're all here?
I'm determined on being me, on who I feel I am, and not feeling the need to fit any kind of standard to be "liked" or "accepted".

Being who I am hasnt made me an outcast to society, lol. I have the privilege of living in a liberal place where my citizenship and devotion to country aren't questioned and challenged because of my ties to my ethnicity, or my views on certain political debates.

With that said, I don't encounter people like the people on this forum on the street, in real life.
The anonymity of being behind a computer screen allows a lot of people on here to say things they wouldn't say in person.

Not me though. I say my beliefs on here, no problem. The same stuff I'd tell you guys to your face.

I think some of the people on here who say certain things would have a harder time being "accepted" or "liked" in the real world than I myself do.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:40 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,275,065 times
Good for you, Manny. I have no problem saying "in real life" the things I say on this forum. But, then again, I don't think much of what I say provokes outrage so I wouldn't be worried for my safety when saying what I feel. Some of the comments people have made on here could be met with violence "in real life" because they're so insulting and controversial. However, that's the beauty of an internet forum; it allows people who wouldn't normally be outspoken to express their ideas.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Good for you, Manny. I have no problem saying "in real life" the things I say on this forum. But, then again, I don't think much of what I say provokes outrage so I wouldn't be worried for my safety when saying what I feel. Some of the comments people have made on here could be met with violence "in real life" because they're so insulting and controversial. However, that's the beauty of an internet forum; it allows people who wouldn't normally be outspoken to express their ideas.
This forum is definitely not a microcosm of mainstream society, lol.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
This forum is definitely not a microcosm of mainstream society, lol.
I think it might be closer than you think...

Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I think it might be closer than you think...
Yeah, I'm sure.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:35 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'm determined on being me, on who I feel I am, and not feeling the need to fit any kind of standard to be "liked" or "accepted".
Well, if that's your goal....(to not fit any standard, nor care if you're liked or accepted)...... then I suppose you're doing pretty well. I hope things continue to go well for you, and that those who don't like and accept you, will at least leave you alone.

Last edited by macmeal; 08-01-2008 at 03:50 PM..

Old 08-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Well, if that's your goal....(to not fit any standard, nor care if you're liked or acepted)...... then I suppose you're doing pretty well. I hope things continue to go well for you, and that those who don't like and accept you, will at least leave you alone.
I do get lonely in my seclusion..but at least I have the pro-illegals of the City-Data forum!

Damn my principles for making me the outcast that I am..........
gotta go, time to ring the church bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration