U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I didn't rep it because I encourage 'genocide', you dolt, I repped it because this massive wave of illegal immigration is putting ALL Hispanics 'in the crosshairs'! Even Jose Feliciano can see that!!
I grasp at straws to communicate like anybody else, so thanks for giving me a benefit of a doubt.

I'm not a racist. That kryptonite works on the politically correct though. I've watched them shrivel up like the witch in Oz, "Oh no, someone called me a racist. I'm meltingggg . ." If I could draw a cartoon, it would be the illegals chasing the politically correct around with this kryptonite, "racist, racist, racist!"

Jose Feliciano, eh? Well, that's my opinion too. Hispanics have a vested interest in speaking out against illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 03:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
I have had a longstanding policy to never say anything behind a personís back that I would not be willing to repeat to their face. Likewise, I would have no problem repeating any comment made on this forum in person to an illegal alien or anyone else. In spite of my petite stature, I have never been easily intimidated.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:44 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,694,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I grasp at straws to communicate like anybody else, so thanks for giving me a benefit of a doubt.

I'm not a racist. That kryptonite works on the politically correct though. I've watched them shrivel up like the witch in Oz, "Oh no, someone called me a racist. I'm meltingggg . ." If I could draw a cartoon, it would be the illegals chasing the politically correct around with this kryptonite, "racist, racist, racist!"

Jose Feliciano, eh? Well, that's my opinion too. Hispanics have a vested interest in speaking out against illegals.
--------------
Legal Hispanics are no threat no greater than any group.

Unless they are South Florida politicians than yes they are a threat to North American standards lol joke but than again not really .

Old 08-01-2008, 06:10 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Why someone who is Hispanic would post in a manner as to draw more hatred to yourself, your family and other Hispanics is beyond natural logic. The latest Child Predator thread showed you have no real cares about the hispanic people being assumed as illegals, since you assumed it yourself.

I am too mature to call people names like Coconut, I will just tell you what I think, and I think you are either not hispanic, have very little blood in you and have been filtered down enough to not care about your heritage at all. I am betting on the first option.
Easy there: Mach50: you by your own admission are at least 3/4th's White heritage courtesy of your Catalan and Irish background-----and, most likely your indigenous background has Caucasian as well. In most nations including all of Latin America, you would be a Blanco I suspect.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Easy there: Mach50: you by your own admission are at least 3/4th's White heritage courtesy of your Catalan and Irish background-----and, most likely your indigenous background has Caucasian as well. In most nations including all of Latin America, you would be a Blanco I suspect.
Yet I would never join in on the bashing of Hispanic people on this forum like Guy has.

It doesn't matter if my name was Johannes Viken from Norweigan, Swedish and Danish descent I would not draw fire upon Hispanic people for the problems in America.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 25 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Back to the OP and article, that I wonder if anyone actually read.

Chavez clearly states that the threat to US is Americans stupidity in saying Latinos are a threat!

Quote:
Latinos are a threat to the nation. Latinos have too many babies. Latinos can't or won't learn English. Latinos refuse to integrate. Latinos are replicating their own culture in the U.S. Latinos are part of a conspiracy to take over the American Southwest.

According to Chavez, these ideas are not only biased, they are divisive – even dangerous. They divert attention from a critical national problem – the legal status of 12 million undocumented workers in the U.S. – fueling a political firestorm instead of offering a solution.
Of course the first post by JDubsMom totally derailed this thread into another downward spiral.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:16 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Back to the OP and article, that I wonder if anyone actually read.

Chavez clearly states that the threat to US is Americans stupidity in saying Latinos are a threat!

Of course the first post by JDubsMom totally derailed this thread into another downward spiral.
And of course his 'solution' to the illegal immigration will be (drumroll)..............amnesty!

American stupidity, huh? As compared to who? Our illustrious neighbors to the south who have done nothing but make a great big mess out of their own country then go around blaming everybody else?

Quote:
Q. What do you think should be done about illegal immigration?
I think, basically, that there should be no illegal immigration in the United States.
Until we do something about the Latino Threat Narrative, the anti-immigrant discourse, the idea that illegals are somehow inherently criminals, we're never going to see immigration for what it is. Basically, an economic benefit for the nation.
Why don't you tell all the former employees of all the hospitals and ERs that have been forced to close their doors what a 'benefit' illegal aliens are?

Old 08-02-2008, 07:22 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Yet I would never join in on the bashing of Hispanic people on this forum like Guy has.

It doesn't matter if my name was Johannes Viken from Norweigan, Swedish and Danish descent I would not draw fire upon Hispanic people for the problems in America.
I'm sorry if you think I 'bash Hispanics', but I'll tell you one thing, most of the Hispanics that post on this board deserve to get bashed. All you do is run around here looking for reasons to be 'insulted' because someone said something about your 'culture'.

I've never understood how you can defend a culture that puts no value on obeying the law, a culture that revels in victimhood, a culture that, when left alone takes a nation rich in resources and turns it into a massive slum for 90% of it's people. And yet you DEFEND this crap.

I'd list some more of these 'cultural traits' that I find personally disgusting, but I think you get my drift.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:24 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if you think I 'bash Hispanics', but I'll tell you one thing, most of the Hispanics that post on this board deserve to get bashed. All you do is run around here looking for reasons to be 'insulted' because someone said something about your 'culture'.

I've never understood how you can defend a culture that puts no value on obeying the law, a culture that revels in victimhood, a culture that, when left alone takes a nation rich in resources and turns it into a massive slum for 90% of it's people. And yet you DEFEND this crap.

I'd list some more of these 'cultural traits' that I find personally disgusting, but I think you get my drift.
Culture isn't race, or ethnicity. Culture is behavior, priorities and one's value system.

Well-stated, GuyP.....I'll make no further comment, but you're right on target. Don't want to get insulted? Fine...then quit 'pushing' a ridiculous point, and you won't be.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:

Because for those in denial in terms of the negatives outweighing the positives about those of their race, RACE trumps everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration