U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

As Benicar, JDubsMom, and Anonymous Political Junky stated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,963,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I have to laugh when I read the posts from the illegal lovers because they are hurting so bad because they are slowly losing this battle that they have this need to call names and post ridiculous posts about people they know nothing about.
Illegal lover? Talking about people you know nothing about, eh?

Old 07-27-2008, 02:28 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And what crushes a 'MEChA' type Latino is when they are reminded that the Spanish language and Hispanic culture were imposed on the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. by the Spaniards-----who are mostly White.

Genetically speaking: most men in England, Ireland, Netherlands, Wales, Scotland, Portugal and Spain have the R1b Y chromosome phenotype------along with most Mexican and American men.

Even I carry R1b and my father is from Hungary (maybe one Hungarian in eight has that trait).
Most don't seem to care much for facts, not unlike many of the pro-illegal types that post in here.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:02 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times
I believe Latinos are as much of a threat to this country as the Irish, Jews, Italians and other nationalities were when they arrived. How you interpret that sentence is entirely up to you.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:43 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I believe Latinos are as much of a threat to this country as the Irish, Jews, Italians and other nationalities were when they arrived. How you interpret that sentence is entirely up to you.
Legal immigrants are welcome here.

Illegal ones need to be deported-------no matter their race/ethnicity.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 PM

327 posts, read 669,186 times
So I guess when the 10-12 million illegals here now are granted amnesty, they'll be welcomed with open arms.

and no, I don't think Latinos or illegals are a threat to this country. What exactly are they gonna do with their deadly lawn mowing, fruit picking, and rag folding skills to take over the country and ruin it

Unlike so many scared people on these forums who're in a panic, I find it hard to believe that this group of poor Mexicans are gonna be the downfall of our society.

It must be hell to sincerely believe such things.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:18 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,963,718 times
I wonder what the next threat to American freedom will be? After all of the illegal immigrants are deported/granted amnesty/blend in and we forget about them, who's next?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
So I guess when the 10-12 million illegals here now are granted amnesty, they'll be welcomed with open arms.

and no, I don't think Latinos or illegals are a threat to this country. What exactly are they gonna do with their deadly lawn mowing, fruit picking, and rag folding skills to take over the country and ruin it

Unlike so many scared people on these forums who're in a panic, I find it hard to believe that this group of poor Mexicans are gonna be the downfall of our society.

It must be hell to sincerely believe such things.
You are mistaking white-hot anger for fear. I fear no one. Least of all some illegal. The fact that they work as unskilled laborers is not what will undo the US. The very large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants are always going to use more in benefits than they contribute in taxes. If you don't think this is a problem, you may want to read about the tremendous healthcare and education costs American citizens are left holding the bag for as a result of our cowardly politicians failure to do the right thing. Our generous benefit system, which was intended to provide for poor Americans, has been prostituted to serve a group of individuals who have no business being here in the first place. These people are interested only in what they can get for themselves, if an American citizen suffers because their hand is in the cookie jar, this bothers them not one iota. They are like a parasite- but not a very smart one because a successful parasite does not kill it's host.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
I did not use the word most and I never said that most were not Hispanic. Please read posts before replying and showing your ignorance. BTW, I am Hispanic dufus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky
I didn't say that he was anti-illegal. Did you read my post? I posted that because of the fact that so many Hispanics in our country wish to see it become Mexico and not stay American, as it once was.
I replied to this saying that most Hispanics in the U.S. are American, and there is no evidence that Hispanics want it to become Mexico. If that was true, then they wouldve stayed in Mexico.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
You seem to not know what you are talking about and you really need to get your information from places other than your cereal boxes.
Haha, awesome comeback, slick.
Speaking of "showing ignorance", a lame comeback like that makes me assume you are between the ages of 13-17. That, or you watch way more Nickelodeon than you should be watching at your age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration