U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:40 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,899,109 times

Advertisements

There certainly is a difference between Mexican-Americans and recent immigrant Mexicans, culturally. As any group, White-Americans versus Europeans or African-Americans versus Africans also have significant differences in ideals and culture.

America works because we are able to share a variety of ideas, that is the beauty of the melting-pot ..... HOWEVER the melting pot does not necessairly work just simply by tossing everyone together, that is a receipe for social dysfunction. That is not something we can openly acknowledge however as it seems to be hate, rather than logic. Thus it is not something the direction of the country is going to reverse, whether your next president is McCain or Obama, both are pro-illegal immigration.

The scene along the sunbelt and border states is only starting to erupt. As the federal government cannot manage it's border, local states and cities are starting to take action. Since it is a "hot" topic we cannot talk about in person for fear of being racist, it will or has become an unhealthy dillemma that might erupt into a bigger problem such as social strife along the sunbelt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:44 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,278,104 times
They are a threat to the majority if they continue to refuse to assimilate. Then we would be a bicultural society like Canada! Whoopeee

On the other hand, even though these folks speak a foreign tongue, and sometimes act in strange ways, at least they are 99% Roman Catholic, or Christian. We could always be Germany and have the invaders be Muslim demanding that we conform to their culture! I hear from friends it's much worse over there!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:44 AM

638 posts, read 1,638,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
. . We could always be Germany and have the invaders be Muslim demanding that we conform to their culture! I hear from friends it's much worse over there!
France is a better example than Germany, with its political correctness, it will get exactly what it deserves. It's foreseeable there is no France in the future as the sheer quantity of muslims they've tried to absorb, dictates it will become an Islamic state.

To say this in France, it's possible they would arrest and fine me. They've been trying to go that route in America with "hate speech" laws. Thought police are completely political, and their purpose is to end any discussion :

http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/uploads/FS-CodeWordsDebate-FNL.pdf (broken link)

But the dual-language society (Spanish) being imposed upon America is exactly that -- we will conform to their culture. This is absurd.

Before the politically correct (and Obama cult) launch their tirade of the dumb American, I have taught myself other languages (except Spanish). 3 out of 4 of my siblings have taught themselves other languages (Spanish is only one of them).

Old 07-29-2008, 10:03 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
France is a better example than Germany, with its political correctness, it will get exactly what it deserves. It's foreseeable there is no France in the future as the sheer quantity of muslims they've tried to absorb, dictates it will become an Islamic state.

To say this in France, it's possible they would arrest and fine me. They've been trying to go that route in America with "hate speech" laws. Thought police are completely political, and their purpose is to end any discussion :

http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/uploads/FS-CodeWordsDebate-FNL.pdf (broken link)

But the dual-language society (Spanish) being imposed upon America is exactly that -- we will conform to their culture. This is absurd.

Before the politically correct (and Obama cult) launch their tirade of the dumb American, I have taught myself other languages (except Spanish). 3 out of 4 of my siblings have taught themselves other languages (Spanish is only one of them).
That's funny because weren't the French trying to preserve their culture? They only allowed a certain amount of English music on their radio among other "culture preservation tactics".

Old 07-29-2008, 05:30 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Why don't you try to move to Japan and see who is bigoted? LOLOLOLOL

Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM

You need a Visa to even visit Japan . Passports are no good there!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
You need a Visa to even visit Japan . Passports are no good there!
That is not what I said. Try to move and then you will see true bigotry and racism at its finest. In fact, I am sure that you and the Japanese would have plenty to talk about with you both being as bigoted as you are.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
That is not what I said. Try to move and then you will see true bigotry and racism at its finest. In fact, I am sure that you and the Japanese would have plenty to talk about with you both being as bigoted as you are.
Personal attacks are valid on this forum now?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:38 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,789,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are mistaking white-hot anger for fear. I fear no one. Least of all some illegal. The fact that they work as unskilled laborers is not what will undo the US. The very large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants are always going to use more in benefits than they contribute in taxes. If you don't think this is a problem, you may want to read about the tremendous healthcare and education costs American citizens are left holding the bag for as a result of our cowardly politicians failure to do the right thing. Our generous benefit system, which was intended to provide for poor Americans, has been prostituted to serve a group of individuals who have no business being here in the first place. These people are interested only in what they can get for themselves, if an American citizen suffers because their hand is in the cookie jar, this bothers them not one iota. They are like a parasite- but not a very smart one because a successful parasite does not kill it's host.
Oh, I do like this post! Very nicely put!

Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,789,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Haha, awesome comeback, slick.
Speaking of "showing ignorance", a lame comeback like that makes me assume you are between the ages of 13-17. That, or you watch way more Nickelodeon than you should be watching at your age.
actually "slick" I found his comment more entertaining than yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration