U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Reputation: 768

Advertisements

llegal-Immigrant Population Dropping (broken link)

A new analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies of monthly data collected by the Census Bureau shows that the illegal immigrant population has declined significantly between last summer and May of this year. The study is the first to find quantitative evidence that illegal immigrants are leaving the country. It also examines the extent to which stepped-up enforcement and the downturn in the economy account for this trend. The report, entitled, Homeward Bound: Recent Immigration Enforcement and the Decline in the Illegal Alien Population" is embargoed until Wednesday, July 30th at 2:30 pm. Advance copies are available to the media. The study will be available online at http://www.cis.org.



I am very happy that the enforcement and new laws that certain states and municipalities have passed is working and driving the illegals from our beloved country. I want the rest gone also. We can't stop now and must continue this ongoing fight against the open borders people. We must take our country back no matter how hard it will be and no matter what it entails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
llegal-Immigrant Population Dropping (broken link)

A new analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies of monthly data collected by the Census Bureau shows that the illegal immigrant population has declined significantly between last summer and May of this year. The study is the first to find quantitative evidence that illegal immigrants are leaving the country. It also examines the extent to which stepped-up enforcement and the downturn in the economy account for this trend. The report, entitled, Homeward Bound: Recent Immigration Enforcement and the Decline in the Illegal Alien Population" is embargoed until Wednesday, July 30th at 2:30 pm. Advance copies are available to the media. The study will be available online at http://www.cis.org.



I am very happy that the enforcement and new laws that certain states and municipalities have passed is working and driving the illegals from our beloved country. I want the rest gone also. We can't stop now and must continue this ongoing fight against the open borders people. We must take our country back no matter how hard it will be and no matter what it entails.
If Arizona is any indication: I believe you are correct.......there are significantly fewer Spanish speakers here compared to 12 months ago.

Most US born Latinos speak at least passable English.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,963,320 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
We must take our country back no matter how hard it will be and no matter what it entails.
That's an unsettling sentence. No matter what it entails?

Personally, I would attribute this trend to a slumping US economy. A more robust Mexican economy is a better guard against illegal immigration than any fence or number of border patrol officers could ever accomplish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
That's an unsettling sentence. No matter what it entails?

Personally, I would attribute this trend to a slumping US economy. A more robust Mexican economy is a better guard against illegal immigration than any fence or number of border patrol officers could ever accomplish.
That would be the humane thing to occur, I agree.

Note though that Mexico (the source of over 50% of the illegals) is showing signs of shattering due to the corrupt police and military as well as the disgusting gulf between its wealthy (mostly White) and poor (mostly Indian/Mestizo) citizens.

Even our Mach50 who is an unabashed illegal immigrant supporter is aghast at what is pending SOB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 10:28 PM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,963,320 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That would be the humane thing to occur, I agree.

Note though that Mexico (the source of over 50% of the illegals) is showing signs of shattering due to the corrupt police and military as well as the disgusting gulf between its wealthy (mostly White) and poor (mostly Indian/Mestizo) citizens.
Yup. Nothing to disagree with there. Truly is a place where wealth disparity is so shockingly apparent. Especially if you go to the fringes of the cities or rural regions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2008, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Bountiful, Utah
219 posts, read 378,522 times
Reputation: 71
Whatever is being done is not enough and it isn't fast enough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 12:03 AM
 
2,256 posts, read 2,963,320 times
Reputation: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Whatever is being done is not enough and it isn't fast enough!
I don't know about that. Who's going to cultivate all of that fresh produce you enjoy daily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 01:54 AM
 
Location: Southern California
15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Reputation: 10273
I don't know if some of the people living in my Mom's neighborhood (Pomona) were illegals or not. But I have observed that the number of cars parked in the street on Sunday nights has dropped substantially. It used to be that when I visited, I had to park a couple of houses away or across the street. Now I can actually park in front of her house! It is now like when I was living there about 15-20 years ago.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I don't know about that. Who's going to cultivate all of that fresh produce you enjoy daily?
Oh please! Americans can do it as before and btw, many people can and should buy locally anyway or grow their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,968 times
Reputation: 111
Deporting pockets of 50 or 200 illegal immigrants, would probably take the U.S. about 100-200 years to deport every illegal immigrant. By the time that happens, there will be Immigration Reform. Many illegal immigrants have to much invested in this nation. They know the difference between poverty and prosperity. Many have families and children in this nation. There are alot of Latino U.S. born children according to our recent survey which shows children ages 1-5 in this country are 25% Latino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top