U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think we can feel sorry for them, just like we could have felt sorry for slaves -- but bringing illegals into this country to make a quick easy profit is just like slavery. It's got to stop.

All employers of illegals should be shut down and have their illegally-gained profits confiscated and their illegals should be returned home.
Well said....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 09:31 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Yes in a way I think we should because of the level our employers have stooped to........again. Sigh,,,,,,,,boy is this gonna get me flamed, regardless of what we may think of the illegals being here, I don't think we should loose our personally humanity about how they are being abused at the work place............Get them out, hell yes, lock up the employers and ceos..........no, throw them out of the country also.............but loose our humanity in the process............no for that is a slippery slop, as the germans found in the thiritys.........I still have my immortal soul to worry about and enough original sin to answer for........

Believe me, if the federal laws weren't in place that we have grown accustomed to.........they would be doing the same to us as was done to our great grand parents...............and this I really believe.
No matter how few or how many, at the end of the day we all have individual choices in life. Even for those with a 3rd grade education it is not rocket science to realize that every choice/decision you make will either have negative or positive consequences. It is up to each individual to choose wisely or to reject situations with negative consequences.

While I wish no ill will on anyone, it's kind of hard to sympathize with those who willingly come here illegally and consistently break laws (with zero sympathy for the harm and destruction they either deliberately or inadvertently cause to others, namely Americans) in order to remain here. The ONLY SOLUTION to breaking and entering a sovereign nation is to stay home and fix their own country. Dumping their problems and posing economic hardships on our citizens and our country is not a solution to their problems. Assuming that we are responsible for their successes or failures, life choices and dumping said responsibility in the laps of American taxpayers is just wrong on multiple levels.

As a descendant of slaves, I reject the notion that millions of people who came ILLEGALLY here of their own volition should be pitied or treated as if they are special and entitled, simply because they managed to crawl through a hole in the border fence or willingly paid a coyote THOUSANDS of dollars to get here illegally. My ancestors were forced to come here and work to build America for "free", they had no rights and weren't even considered human beings. Only in America would illegal aliens believe and be perceived by bleeding heart liberals as having the same rights as Americans in this country.

Amazingly you would think they have no rights in their homelands when the truth of the matter is they have rights in their OWN COUNTRIES, they are just too lazy and too cowardly to demand to be treated fairly in their own countries. Why bother when they know they can beat down Americans by calling us racist simply for wanting our laws enforced. They manage to drum up plenty of courage, a false sense of racial superiority and an unfounded sense of entitlement to instant everything when they successfully slither through a hole in the border fence because they see Americans as soft and easy prey.

If they are perceived as victims by some, then at least acknowledge that they are WILLING "victims" of unscrupulous employers whose unscrupulous greed and selfishness is only matched by that of the illegal alien.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-27-2008 at 09:43 AM..

Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM

1,744 posts, read 6,484,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
POSTVILLE, Iowa ó When federal immigration agents raided the kosher meatpacking plant here in May and rounded up 389 illegal immigrants, they found more than 20 under-age workers, some as young as 13.

I just checked out my local paper (Des Moines Register) over the past few weeks and I noticed this story isn't in it. There's a story about how all of these Jewish and shabbos-goy Christian groups are holding protests over the authorities charging Agriprocessors with labor violations and how they would like to reform immigration laws to help out all of these poor illegal immigrants. There's also more sob stories about the former workers from Postville, like the overwhelming majority of Iowans (especially the people of Postville) weren't glad to see these people go. As I've said before on this subject, it's very sad and frustrating to see that Agriprocessors can get away with so much and still get a positive slant in the newspaper and a simple slap on the wrist, if that, from the authorities. There has to be some serious string-pulling by someone here to get that kind of coverage from the local media.

Another thing that gets me about the people who owned the plant is that these guys were supposed to be "Men of God". Rabbis, very devout orthodox Jews, etc. I know the Jewish religion is more inclusive than most religions, but you would think that due to their religious nature they would have some sort of moral compass and not have been as greedy and inhumane as they were to the illegal workers.

In a perfect world, the good folks at Agriprocessors would be locked away for a very, very long time.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Are we supposed to feel sorry for these illegal immigrants? I don't because they broke our laws and they know what they did was wrong. I would like to see the coporation closed down and the owner and such jailed though but also deport the damn illegals.
Wow, no sympathy for a 16 year old kid trying to make ends meet?

That's pretty cold-blooded.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

That 16 year old kid and all of his compadres have turned a formerly middle-class job with benefits into a near minimum-wage job that American workers can no longer afford to do.

I think destroying the earnings ability of our most vulnerable CITIZENS is MUCH more cold-blooded.

DEPORT HIS AZZ!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 12:37 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,962,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post

DEPORT HIS AZZ!!!!!!!
Very eloquent.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:40 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,411 times
Quote:
Very eloquent.
Address the REST of the post and stop being so sanctimonious.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
That 16 year old kid and all of his compadres have turned a formerly middle-class job with benefits into a near minimum-wage job that American workers can no longer afford to do.

I think destroying the earnings ability of our most vulnerable CITIZENS is MUCH more cold-blooded.

DEPORT HIS AZZ!!!!!!!
ITA! Itís as though legal U.S. citizens no longer exist. They continue to replace legal workers with cheap illegal labor, with no regard whatsoever for the families of these workers. Where is the compassion for legal workers?

Old 07-27-2008, 08:54 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:

What's cold-blooded is this 16 year old's family who is not supporting their child. And his society itself is cold-blooded that it doesn't take care of it's children any better than this. A 16 year old boy should be in school in his own country, completing an education. He should not be illegally in some foreign land feeling like some slave.

Now where are those famous family values? Where is the boy's father? His mother? His grandfathers or grandmothers? Or aunts and uncles? What kind of people would allow this for a family member? We do not need these values in this country, the values of a people who don't take care of their children and we don't need children feeling and working like slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration