U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:11 PM

1,663 posts, read 2,216,748 times

Advertisements

Having lived in Southern California most of my life (and now considering a possible move to WI) and enduring what's happened to California in general and my area in particular...I'm really curious as to how many 'actual illegals' there are in both Manitowoc and Appleton, WI. I'm not trying to escape Hispanics...I have many in my family (none of whom even speak Spanish!) and I love them all dearly. I'm just tired of listening to Spanish everywhere I go because of the unwillingness of so many illegals to assimulate to this Country! If I moved to either one of these cities, would it be more of the same thing, just on a smaller scale?? Is there anyone from these cities that can actually answer this question? I realize that the percentage of Hispanics is very small in these cities...but, still, how many are there that are actually illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM

23,025 posts, read 31,998,566 times
Bad news. WI has three sanctuary cities. (PM me for the link)

Good news. Neither of those three are the ones you mentioned.

I do understand your frustrations. Sanctuary policy jurisdiction living aint fun aint it?

Old 07-26-2008, 10:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Having lived in Southern California most of my life (and now considering a possible move to WI) and enduring what's happened to California in general and my area in particular...I'm really curious as to how many 'actual illegals' there are in both Manitowoc and Appleton, WI. I'm not trying to escape Hispanics...I have many in my family (none of whom even speak Spanish!) and I love them all dearly. I'm just tired of listening to Spanish everywhere I go because of the unwillingness of so many illegals to assimulate to this Country! If I moved to either one of these cities, would it be more of the same thing, just on a smaller scale?? Is there anyone from these cities that can actually answer this question? I realize that the percentage of Hispanics is very small in these cities...but, still, how many are there that are actually illegal?
Come next door to Arizona: we are making a a living hell for those illegal immigrant lawbreakers. And; we have many Americans of 'Mexican' heritage who are uber pissed as well at the (now dwindling) invasion.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:26 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,999,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Come next door to Arizona: we are making a a living hell for those illegal immigrant lawbreakers. And; we have many Americans of 'Mexican' heritage who are uber pissed as well at the (now dwindling) invasion.
"Living hell", "uber pissed" citizens.
You should be making pamphlets for the state of Arizona, bear!
I want to move there already!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:24 AM

635 posts, read 1,124,164 times
well i can tell you i lived in manitowoc for several years and went to appleton on many many occasions and i never remember encountering Illegal aliens. i really don't think that you will find that an issue at all. all my best to you!

Old 07-27-2008, 11:30 AM

195 posts, read 452,421 times
Guess who works at the so called jobs no other person will take in Wisconsin? Teens! Go figure. Not much of an issue that I can remeber. Visited many cities, town, and villages in WI. Maybe more of an issue possibly in Milwaukee.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
"Living hell", "uber pissed" citizens.
You should be making pamphlets for the state of Arizona, bear!
I want to move there already!
I live here; I should know

Old 07-27-2008, 12:23 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
Guess who works at the so called jobs no other person will take in Wisconsin? Teens! Go figure. Not much of an issue that I can remeber. Visited many cities, town, and villages in WI. Maybe more of an issue possibly in Milwaukee.
Waukegan is having some issues. They have a MessageBoard at waukegan.org that gets rather lively....

Old 07-27-2008, 01:43 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,794,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
Wow, teens?! Lazy American teens? How do they ever get them to do the work?

To the op, hee hee, I asked a similar question yesterday on Virginia as that is where I'm moving!

Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM

195 posts, read 452,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Wow, teens?! Lazy American teens? How do they ever get them to do the work?

To the op, hee hee, I asked a similar question yesterday on Virginia as that is where I'm moving!
I lived in Manitowoc about 6 years ago. It was so weird but pleasant to have someone come to your car at the local car wash that wasn't a middle aged person who spoke little or no english to ask if they could help. We unfortunantly had to move back to CA. It is real hard for my two teenaged daughters to find entery level jobs such as fast food or the local car wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration