Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If she was his girlfriend,it was probably with her consent. It does not make him a pedophile. I think the time did not fit the crime.
14 is not OLD ENOUGH to give 'consent', unless you're in Mexico...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Another item we need stopped is the honor killing.
ITA! I was watching a program yesterday on honor killings. One involved a father who viciously murdered his daughter because he didn't want her to date a particular guy. The other, involved a brother who attempted to kill his sister by stabbing her numerous times. Thank God the neighbors called the police and her life was saved.

This barbaric “custom” is perfectly acceptable in some Muslim countries, but it's not going to be tolerated here. If these people cannot conform to the culture and mores of the U.S., they need to remain in their countries of origin.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
It was a pleasure to 'rep' you for this post!
Why thank you Mr. Pinestra!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:54 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
ITA! I was watching a program yesterday on honor killings. One involved a father who viciously murdered his daughter because he didn't want her to date a particular guy. The other, involved a brother who attempted to kill his sister by stabbing her numerous times. Thank God the neighbors called the police and her life was saved.

This barbaric “custom” is perfectly acceptable in some Muslim countries, but it's not going to be tolerated here. If these people cannot conform to the culture and mores of the U.S., they need to remain in their countries of origin.
There was an honor killing in the suburb of Oak Forest, IL about 2 months ago.

This idiot set the apartment building on fire because he didn't like his daughters' husband.

Quote:
MARKHAM, Illinois (AP) -- A suburban Chicago man is accused of setting an apartment fire -- killing his pregnant daughter, her husband and their young child -- because the son-in-law didn't ask permission for the marriage, prosecutors said.

It took firefighters three hours to extinguish the blaze, which gutted the 36-unit Le Claire Station Apartments.

Subhash Chander, 57, of Oak Forest, Illinois, was ordered held without bond Tuesday on three counts of first-degree murder, one count of intentional homicide of an unborn child and one count of aggravated arson.

http://www.stophonourkillings.com/in...ticle&sid=2296

You would think they would leave the crazy in their homeland.

O/T but not really: Does anyone know if a mental competency test is administered as a requirement for legal immigration to the US?

Last edited by JDubsMom; 07-28-2008 at 09:55 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If she was his girlfriend,it was probably with her consent. It does not make him a pedophile. I think the time did not fit the crime.
Another law that illegals can change as they please? It's okay for illegals to rape children that "consent" or do you mean we must move the age of sexual consent to that in their own countries to cater to their sexual perversions?

The age of consent in the USA is 18, not 14. A child cannot give consent.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Another law that illegals can change as they please? It's okay for illegals to rape children that "consent" or do you mean we must move the age of sexual consent to that in their own countries to cater to their sexual perversions?

The age of consent in the USA is 18, not 14. A child cannot give consent.
Some states the age of consent is age 16 (or younger).

A table of worldwide ages of consent, including US states

Old 07-29-2008, 10:21 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
In some states its 14...

Old 07-29-2008, 10:25 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
In some states its 14...
From the website...

Quote:
If more than one age is given then the law within that country or state varies according to region or circumstances. In particular, some countries have regional laws that may overrule the federal law. Also in some cases the age of consent is lower when partners are of a similar age. Where the symbol ? is used, information is either incomplete or unavailable.
22 to 14 is NOT a 'similar' age...

Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 PM

952 posts, read 3,705,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
That's the problem when other cultures move here, what's ok in their country is not ok here. 22 year old having a 14 year old girlfriend? Over my dead body!

Right, because in the US people don't do that.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:48 PM

952 posts, read 3,705,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
14 is not OLD ENOUGH to give 'consent', unless you're in Mexico...

I think that is BS. I am a woman and I know how many of us are at age 14. At age of 14 many of us have the power to do a lot of damage to a boys life if we wanted to and it happens every day. Statutory rape is in way too many cases a bunch of crap! When my 2 year old boy gets old enough to understand I will make sure I tell him to ID the girls he go out with just in case. Make sure she is at least 20 to be on the safe side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration