U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:53 PM

919 posts, read 1,668,204 times

Advertisements

ok, so many dont like what there doing. but THEY are doing something. What would you folks that dislike them do. and please no talking points bs. real things you yourself would do if you werent so busy. things you want done NOW. action not words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 01:04 AM

752 posts, read 594,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
ok, so many dont like what there doing. but THEY are doing something. What would you folks that dislike them do. and please no talking points bs. real things you yourself would do if you werent so busy. things you want done NOW. action not words.
I'm not in a position to impact the situation at all, unfortunately. But you seem to have an answer. What are YOU doing to solve the problem. Action not words.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:00 AM

remember me? Im a gun toten cowboy. My work does allow me to ask people for Id and legal status. I have personally been involved in stopping identity theft of folks using others ssn. also have been involved in arrests of illegals. embarrased some employers for hiring illegals. hows that? had to use those darn guns to defend myself too. how bout in your country, everybody legal? why do so many talk but do nothing?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM

15,088 posts, read 19,729,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
If it weren't for the Minuteman, you most likely would not have even heard about our wide open borders.
I grew up in a New Mexico farming community. I've known about this problem since I was old enough to care.

Quote:
The Minutemen brought the media to the border. They have been very effective in that endeavor.
Kooks tend to attract attention.

Quote:
May I ask what you have done for our country to help stop the invasion from our southern border?
Well, I stopped voting Republican for one.

Seriously though, I have written extensively on these forums about a sensible and affordable solution to this problem. I've actually grown rather bored of discussing it. How many Illegal Alien discussion topics are there on the board now? A dozen?

The reason we have a flood of illegal aliens in this country is because people keep hiring them. Lead a horse to water and all that. My solution? Take away the water. Building a wall, fortifying the border, sending out more men with more guns...it might make angry people feel better, but all it's going to do is waste a lot of money and make a lot of people angry. It isn't going to stop the flood.

Go after the businesses who are illegally using illegal labor. Start hitting those businesses with HEAVY fines on first offence. On second offence, start sending some CEOs and business owners to jail. On third offence, revoke their business license and liquidate their assets. We've got laws on the books now to deal with this problem. Start enforcing them.

Another thing: Strengthen the unions. An organized, legal workforce will go a long ways to stopping and illegal workforce.

Do that, and the flood of illegal immigrants will stop. And it won't cost the trillions that silly solutions like walls and guard towers and thousands of armed border patrol officers will. Yes, illegal aliens will still be a problem, but I'd bet dollars to donuts it will slow to a trickle. A trickle we can control. A flood? You might as well try to stop the sun from rising.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
remember me? Im a gun toten cowboy. My work does allow me to ask people for Id and legal status. I have personally been involved in stopping identity theft of folks using others ssn. also have been involved in arrests of illegals. embarrased some employers for hiring illegals. hows that? had to use those darn guns to defend myself too. how bout in your country, everybody legal? why do so many talk but do nothing?
So what are you doing? You're either a policeman or working at a convenience store. I can't tell from what you say above.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:14 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,965,586 times
Mark, thank you very much for your comments. You seem to be one of the relatively few people on these boards who actually has a common sense approach to dealing with this problem. If fewer companies would hire illegals, fewer illegals would come.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:42 PM

majourn, its the most simple thing to do. go after those that work these people. no work, go else where. FFH, a sign that your unable to debate is to attack and take cheap shots at someone. a store clerk? is that the best you can do? store clerks see alot of people, and can be a very good judge of people. Im sure some would have insight to illegals impact on jobs and the economy.and no I dont want this to drag down to some personal attacks. I have and will continue to be involved in illgals coming into my country, I want them out. what are you doing again?talk, action, or excuses?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
majourn, its the most simple thing to do. go after those that work these people. no work, go else where. FFH, a sign that your unable to debate is to attack and take cheap shots at someone. a store clerk? is that the best you can do? store clerks see alot of people, and can be a very good judge of people. Im sure some would have insight to illegals impact on jobs and the economy.and no I dont want this to drag down to some personal attacks. I have and will continue to be involved in illgals coming into my country, I want them out. what are you doing again?talk, action, or excuses?
It wasn't a cheap shot. Checking ID's, etc., it sounds like something a convenience store clerk would do. Instead of being obtuse, why don't you just say what you do?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:06 AM

FFH, thanks for the clarification. no im not a store clerk. nor am I as simple as a policeman. I could tell you but id have to... so what is it that you do that gives you such insight? no offense meant here but are you an american living overseas? ask the brits about the history of the minutemen.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
FFH, thanks for the clarification. no im not a store clerk. nor am I as simple as a policeman. I could tell you but id have to... so what is it that you do that gives you such insight? no offense meant here but are you an american living overseas? ask the brits about the history of the minutemen.
Oooooh, what are you, a secret agent? Posting to City-data? I'll mind my manners then! Ooooh!

The Brits know all about the minutemen, they're sober enough to learn that you can't go into someone's backyard and kick them around. Shame some couldn't have learned the same from the VietCong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration