U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 PM

13 posts, read 65,835 times

Advertisements

The minutemen are hereos of this country if you ask me. What wonderful patriots!

Last edited by Moving2FL; 01-26-2007 at 03:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 03:02 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,570,540 times
Youve got to be kidding.

Did you watch tv last spring? See all the illegals marching down the streets? Did you see how the illegals raised the Mexican flag on government property, including post offices? Blocking traffic on California interstates?

In NC, 65% of Latinos are here illegally.

God Bless the Minuteman! We need more.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:05 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,022,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Youve got to be kidding.

Did you watch tv last spring? See all the illegals marching down the streets? Did you see how the illegals raised the Mexican flag on government property, including post offices? Blocking traffic on California interstates?

In NC, 65% of Latinos are here illegally.

God Bless the Minuteman! We need more.
I believe that's what Moving2Fl was saying -the minutemen are patroits, they are necessary. And I agree we certainly need more of them, they should be all along the both borders.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:25 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christa17 View Post
for all who are fed up .Visit your local appleseed.
http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php (broken link)
Thanks.

You proved my point. These are vigilantes.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 PM

24 posts, read 13,044 times
Nothing will be done unless the American Middle-Class does something.

Unfortunatly, the powers that be scream "racism" (you know the groups, the ADL, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, etc) so it scares Whites away from actually saving their nation.

When did we become such weaklings?

Old 01-26-2007, 04:32 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,022,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Vegas Dude View Post

Unfortunatly, the powers that be scream "racism" (you know the groups, the ADL, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, etc) so it scares Whites away from actually saving their nation.

You are so accurate!!! Thank you, great post.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:39 PM

752 posts, read 593,693 times
Quote:

Truer words have never been spoken...since Chief Joseph.

Doesn't it suck?

Old 01-26-2007, 04:53 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Sure. Do something. But do something smart.

Arming a bunch of angry locals and setting them loose is not only entirely ineffective in the long run, it is potentially dangerous.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:58 PM

56 posts, read 224,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Thanks.

vig·i·lan·te (vj-lnt) KEY

NOUN:

One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands.

appleseed is a program as follows

http://rwva.blogspot.com/2005/04/appleseed-program-help-us-save-america.html (broken link)
happens to be part of the cmp (civilan marksmenship programm)started by congress
in no way fits the def. of vigilante does it ?you have no depth for research and you are lost .ie not worth saving

las vegas dude...there is no such thing as race anthropology 101..culture does exist and when you lose the blinders of race things start to make sense real quick.Race is also the last refuge of thos e without an argument.And if you do have a misguided belief in race then your How can immigrants get EBT? thread would make many believe you are racist .i dont think you are cause i dont have on the race blinders.Culture clears it all right up

Last edited by christa17; 01-26-2007 at 05:10 PM..

Old 01-26-2007, 05:07 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,892,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Thanks.

No, you're mistaken Mark S. I recognize the term is used to smear the Minutemen because of the historical connotation of the word. However, the Minutemen do not prosecute lawbreakers (illegal migrants they spot) with their own justice, nor do they take any personal action again illegal migrants. They notify the Border Patrol - the legal means for handling the issue. They operate much like a national Neighborhood Watch and well within their rights as citizens. They also seek and get permission from private landowners to access their properties that abut the Mexican border and otherwise congregate in public areas.

Definition of Vigilante: somebody who punishes lawbreakers personally rather than relying on the legal authorities (Encarta)

Because they do not prosecute (take the law into their own hands) or take personal action against illegal migrants and they scrupulously avoid confrontation and simply alert the proper authorities instead of taking action themselves, they are not vigilantes.

If you can provide an instance where they have done so, I'd love to see it. But your use of the term for arguments sake is misusing it. I realize you don't agree with the existance or activities of the Minutemen, but to smear them with a purposely inflammatory term that is not applicable to them for arguments sake isn't right or fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration