U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:37 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Americans (or at least the ones that I know) have never believed that hispanics are 'bad'.......however, theydo believe that illegal immigration is in fact 'bad' for the country.

It is interesting that there seems to be the belief (or at least the ones I know) they understand that the majority of the illegals crossing are looking for a better life. More and more people are tired of of the hate directed towards the illegals and it is making many people want to help
the illegals even more. We will just have to see how this all plays out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM

16,701 posts, read 18,921,823 times
Until these people in the town accept the MONETARY responsibility of the illegal immigrants in their town and pay for every single social service for them and their future descendants, they can shut the hell up... I didn't think they would... they expect "other" people to pay while they collect the money from the illegals... so "nice" of them...

Old 07-28-2008, 02:39 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
[/b]

It is interesting that there seems to be the belief (or at least the ones I know) they understand that the majority of the illegals crossing are looking for a better life. More and more people are tired of of the hate directed towards the illegals and it is making many people want to help
the illegals even more
. We will just have to see how this all plays out
I guess this explains why practically every state is now enacting tough anti-illegal immigration laws....to appease the majority of their constituents who favor "helping" illegals.

Wake up from your dream, sassyone.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:43 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I guess this explains why practically every state is now enacting tough anti-illegal immigration laws....to appease the majority of their constituents who favor "helping" illegals.

Wake up from your dream, sassyone.

With the awakening of the sleeping giant, their dreams have gone from hope to desperation and fear of deportation.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM

16,701 posts, read 18,921,823 times
Here is a quote from wikipedia...

"The Rubashkin family was reported in the Cedar Rapids Gazette on June 5, 2008, to have denied any criminal activity; Aaron Rubashkin was quoted as saying the he had no idea that "his workers were illegal and that they had produced what appeared to be legitimate work documents". [25].

The ICE raid left the company lacking employees. They hired Labor Ready to supply them "with about 150 workers", but these workers stopped working because of alleged safety issues[26] The Jacobson Staffing company took the job of staffing the plant shortly thereafter.

In June 2008 Agriprocessors began hiring workers from homeless shelters in Texas to replace employees detained in the federal immigration raid
"

It seems that instead of hiring illegal immigrants they took U.S. citizens who had no jobs and gave them jobs... now if only we can do that with the rest of the country's illegal immigrants and reduce the homeless population as well as the unemployed population...

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
[/b]

the illegals even more. We will just have to see how this all plays out
Of course they are looking for a better way of life. Unfortunatly, they are doing it illegally. Like it or not, the US is a sovereign nation that has the right, no the responsibility to protect its borders and to determine who to let in.
It is possible to have empathy for a group of people, but still not support their criminal activity.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,735,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Of course they are looking for a better way of life. Unfortunatly, they are doing it illegally. Like it or not, the US is a sovereign nation that has the right, no the responsibility to protect its borders and to determine who to let in.
It is possible to have empathy for a group of people, but still not support their criminal activity.
I have never said that I did not think immigration needs to be changed, but I think they need to make it cheaper and process the ones that want to be here faster. We live in a border town like many on this forum, and if they could be given the chance to come over and work and go back home, I think they would. They do not want to leave their families.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
I have never said that I did not think immigration needs to be changed, but I think they need to make it cheaper and process the ones that want to be here faster. We live in a border town like many on this forum, and if they could be given the chance to come over and work and go back home, I think they would. They do not want to leave their families.
Do you honestly believe they would return, and forfeit all of these freebies? How many do you think would make sure they were in this country when they give birth?

Old 07-28-2008, 03:48 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you honestly believe they would return, and forfeit all of these freebies? How many do you think would make sure they were in this country when they give birth?

Gone are the days of the older Mexicans who respected our laws that used to come here to work the fields and go home.

As already proven, multiple millions are criminal derelicts here solely for the freebies. Those who consistently whine about how wonderful and honorable these illegal buck wild brazen, over zealous breeding illiterates that have recently come are the bottom of Mexico's and South America's lawless barrel.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
With the awakening of the sleeping giant, their dreams have gone from hope to desperation and fear of deportation.
I tend to agree as well.......

Again: watch the economy-------if things deteriorate much further, the hammer will really start coming down on people who do not legally belong here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration