Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sunday's protesters included hundreds of Hispanics but had a diverse collection of ages, races and genders. Elderly white women marched next to young Hispanic men and Jewish men from Minneapolis and Chicago. They clutched banners and signs like one that read, "United for immigrant and worker rights."

The reaction from Postville residents appeared largely supportive. Cindy Moser, 53, from nearby Elkader, said her daughter and son-in-law were marching while she watched her two grandchildren.
"If they want to come and work here I say fine," Moser said. "We all saw the effect of this. My grandson, he told me, 'Grandma, they took my friends away.' I hope this stops."
Iowa town become flash point in immigration debate - Yahoo! Malaysia News (broken link)

Are these americans traitors, anchor babies, illegal aliens,?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
If illegal: seize their assets then deport 'em--------problem solved.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Iowa town become flash point in immigration debate - Yahoo! Malaysia News (broken link)

Are these americans traitors, anchor babies, illegal aliens,?
Great post!! I think it is great that more and more Americans believe Hispanics are not all bad and have begun to reach out to them.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:46 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Great post!! I think it is great that more and more Americans believe Hispanics are not all bad and have begun to reach out to them.
Americans (or at least the ones that I know) have never believed that hispanics are 'bad'.......however, they do believe that illegal immigration is in fact 'bad' for the country.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Americans (or at least the ones that I know) have never believed that hispanics are 'bad'.......however, they do believe that illegal immigration is in fact 'bad' for the country.
Thank you! They continue to try to lump all Hispanics into the "illegal" bag. When will they learn it's not working?

Old 07-28-2008, 12:55 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thank you! They continue to try to lump all Hispanics into the "illegal" bag. When will they learn it's not working?
Hispanics are dumped into the illegal bag ALL THE TIME. "Look at those Mexicans working in Landscaping, they must be illegal."

Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
You must not know many hispanics.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You must not know many hispanics.
I am an American male of Mexican decent. I know heaps and heaps of hispanics, both illegal and legal. Are you going to interrogate me to find out if I'm an American citizen now?

Old 07-28-2008, 01:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Hispanics are dumped into the illegal bag ALL THE TIME. "Look at those Mexicans working in Landscaping, they must be illegal."
You can thank La Raza, et al. for this. It is they who insist that ALL Hispanics are the same. This is a serious disservice to legal law-abiding Hispanics. Illegal alien profiteers have no regard for the problems this is creating for legal Hispanics in this country. Their agenda is the continuation of the illegal alien ‘slave’ trade…..by any means necessary.

Quote:
"It is time to take back the debate," Janet Murguia, president and CEO of the National Council of La Raza, said in closing NCLR's annual convention....

In her closing speech, Ms. Murguia said they consider campaigning against illegal immigration the same as campaigning against immigrants and Hispanics in general.
Washington Times - Hispanic leaders eager to 'referee debate'

Old 07-28-2008, 01:17 PM

I don't associate myself to groups that cater to only one sort of people. I'm against groups that differentiate themselves and bar people who are not the same as them from joining. This is America, we are all equal. (If your an American citizen that is )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration