U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,805,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
That's why I said "The government should take down all those Spanish road signs: Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Santa Cruz, San Diego.." and the list goes on and on. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE, WE SHOULD GET ENGLISH NAMES!!!
You refuse to understand and quite frankly, I don't care. And exactly who made California as successful as it has been? The Mexicans who think they own it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 06:00 PM

1,417 posts, read 856,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
You refuse to understand and quite frankly, I don't care. And exactly who made California as successful as it has been? The Mexicans who think they own it?
No I don't refuse to understand, you fail to properly set up your argument. It's quite sad really. I know you're trying to bait me into the Aztlan argument "Mexico owned the entire south-west", not happening today. Or any other day. California is a State that was ceded by Mexico to the U.S. I don't know who it is you're trying to kid.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:02 PM

13,078 posts, read 21,233,166 times
Quote:
The Mexicans? We are talking Spanish names, as in Spain. The Mexicans are not responsible for the settling of the missions in California (San Jose, Santa Barbara, etc.). The Spanish conquerers brought them along to carry their bags. If anyone wants to know what California would look like if it had been part of Mexico, one only needs to go SOB to see what CA would look like today.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:03 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,805,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The Mexicans? We are talking Spanish names, as in Spain. The Mexicans are not responsible for the settling of the missions in California (San Jose, Santa Barbara, etc.). The Spanish conquerers brought them along to carry their bags. If anyone wants to know what California would look like if it had been part of Mexico, one only needs to go SOB to see what CA would look like today.

I know all that...I'm from San Diego, am well aware of the history...I was being sarcastic.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Yeah.. sadly. I think its accurate to assume that 80% of Mexico is ugly. I know all the Americans who to to Mexico are like "Oh Mexico is so beautiful." Really? Where did you go? "Cabo!!" That explains everything. The only real beauty I find are the landmarks that aren't populated.. and of course the exclusive beaches.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,859,317 times
I embrace diversity wholeheartedly. But I don't think I should have to embrace criminals.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I know all that...I'm from San Diego, am well aware of the history...I was being sarcastic.
Make use of the:

And no you were not being sarcastic. Admit defeat.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,007,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Yeah.. sadly. I think its accurate to assume that 80% of Mexico is ugly. I know all the Americans who to to Mexico are like "Oh Mexico is so beautiful." Really? Where did you go? "Cabo!!" That explains everything. The only real beauty I find are the landmarks that aren't populated.. and of course the exclusive beaches.
I dont think I'd agree with 80 percent being ugly.

People always refer to border towns when they say how ugly Mexico is. Bordertowns are usually very industrial, lots of traffic, and very dirty.
So is New York, LA, San Francisco, and most other big cities.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:11 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,316,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

People always refer to border towns when they say how ugly Mexico is. Bordertowns are usually very industrial, lots of traffic, and very dirty.
I agree with you.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

Not only are border towns ugly but its really depressing going by the Pueblos and the shanty towns. I've been going to Mexico for years and sadly I see little has changed. Its depressing to see whats next for the people there, their future. There is no future in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration