U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I do this all the time. When given a choice, I always choose the packaging that is all English.
Me too! I always buy products that have packaging in English! Even when they are manafactured or produced in Mexico, El Salavador, China, Vietnam, Korea....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:23 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,789,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Me too! I always buy products that have packaging in English! Even when they are manafactured or produced in Mexico, El Salavador, China, Vietnam, Korea....
Neat! Guess you just wannbe part of the cool kid crowd.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Neat! Guess you just wannbe part of the cool kid crowd.
I was lying. I love my Tampico. And Pato sauce on my tacos. And my spanish labelled tortillas. Way better than the Taco Bell products.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:29 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Imported food is almost always a different language.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Imported food is almost always a different language.
Unless its imported from a U.S. owned factory in a different country, lol.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I was lying. I love my Tampico. And Pato sauce on my tacos. And my spanish labelled tortillas. Way better than the Taco Bell products.
I know you were lying, duh
BUT I do have to agree that I will buy Spanish labeled Mex items. But then, hey, it's Mexican items and they should be in Spanish, at least the more authentic. Now with that I don't have issues with Spanish labeling. Things I grew up with purchasing, like Betty Crocker, etc...yeah, I have issues with having dual packaging.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I know you were lying, duh
BUT I do have to agree that I will buy Spanish labeled Mex items. But then, hey, it's Mexican items and they should be in Spanish, at least the more authentic. Now with that I don't have issues with Spanish labeling. Things I grew up with purchasing, like Betty Crocker, etc...yeah, I have issues with having dual packaging.
Are you talking about the little subtitles? I just don't think that's such a big deal. I barely even notice it. Its not like the syrup is going to be more spicy or antyhing because Spanish is on the label.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about the little subtitles? I just don't think that's such a big deal. I barely even notice it. Its not like the syrup is going to be more spicy or antyhing because Spanish is on the label.

Yes, I'm talking about the "little subtitles" on all American packaging. And if I am buying any product, say dish soap, I don't go for price, I go for the one that is written in English only. It's not often that I get a choice because 90% of all our everyday items are in both English and Spanish. May not seem like anything to you, but it bugs the c*** out of me, and I know I'm not alone.
It's all due to the fact that illegal aliens have gotten so out of control, raping the USA, that every little, tiny thing I can do to act out against any of the whole Spanish propaganda that is crammed down our throats, I will....and that's how I REALLY feel about that!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm talking about the "little subtitles" on all American packaging. And if I am buying any product, say dish soap, I don't go for price, I go for the one that is written in English only. It's not often that I get a choice because 90% of all our everyday items are in both English and Spanish. May not seem like anything to you, but it bugs the c*** out of me, and I know I'm not alone.
It's all due to the fact that illegal aliens have gotten so out of control, raping the USA, that every little, tiny thing I can do to act out against any of the whole Spanish propaganda that is crammed down our throats, I will....and that's how I REALLY feel about that!
There are lots of Spanish speakers in this country who aren't illegal. The latino population(legal) is very sizeable now, and businesses are going for that market. They think the best way to do that is to market in Spanish, nevermind that most of us talk English.
Lots of times we used get calls or letters sent to our household in Spanish because of our Spanish name. It used to bug the crap out of my mom(who speaks fluent english and spanish).
Just the way it is. Lots of products market in French too. Look at a Shampoo bottle or perfume, or instruction manual. Not a whole lot of French speakers here.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
There are lots of Spanish speakers in this country who aren't illegal. The latino population(legal) is very sizeable now, and businesses are going for that market. They think the best way to do that is to market in Spanish, nevermind that most of us talk English.
Lots of times we used get calls or letters sent to our household in Spanish because of our Spanish name. It used to bug the crap out of my mom(who speaks fluent english and spanish).
Just the way it is. Lots of products market in French too. Look at a Shampoo bottle or perfume, or instruction manual. Not a whole lot of French speakers here.
you mean parfum? I'm French and can't speak more than what I learned in high school.
I'm happy that your mom gets bugged about getting letters in Spanish. I think it's very condenscending of businesses to market hispanics that way, saying that maybe they are too lazy to learn English?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration