U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Don't know how many times those lies have been debunked.

snopes.com: Just One State - Cost of Illegals in Los Angeles
I doubt if 95 percent of homicide warrants are even made out to Latinos.

The majority of killings are between Latinos, but theres a lot of Blacks wasting each other too, and a substantial number of Whites.

All you gotta do is look at the homicide report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 04:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I've said it before, and I reiterate.....top priority should be to rid our country of these brutal gangs and other illegal alien violent criminals. We have enough homegrown miscreants; we don't need to tolerate those imported from other countries. I'm not willing to simply accept this behavior as though we have no choice. If theyíre not legal citizens, they donít need to be here. Let them wreak havoc in their own countries.
ITA. On the other hand, I want them all out and I really don't care which group of illegal alien dirt bags gets the hell out first.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:39 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I doubt if 95 percent of homicide warrants are even made out to Latinos.

The majority of killings are between Latinos, but theres a lot of Blacks wasting each other too, and a substantial number of Whites.

All you gotta do is look at the homicide report.
Looks like a thread hijack in session - this thread is about three MS-13 leaders in Tennessee - you are now using smoke and mirrors from a Los Angeles homicide blog to divert attention.

We are onto the game, my good man.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Looks like a thread hijack in session - this thread is about three MS-13 leaders in Tennessee - you are now using smoke and mirrors from a Los Angeles homicide blog to divert attention.

Indeed. But that's what happens when you run out of defenses for the indefensible.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Hijack session?
I was responding to this post by JW's Mom, haha

Quote:
• In Los Angeles, 95 percent of all outstanding warrants for homicide (which total 1,200 to 1,500) target illegal aliens. Up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants (17,000) are for illegal aliens.
• A confidential California Department of Justice study reported in 1995 that 60 percent of the 20,000-strong 18th Street Gang in southern California is illegal; police officers say the proportion is actually much greater. The bloody gang collaborates with the Mexican Mafia, the dominant force in California prisons, on complex drug-distribution schemes, extortion, and drive-by assassinations, and commits an assault or robbery every day in L.A. County. The gang has grown dramatically over the last two decades by recruiting recently arrived youngsters, most of them illegal, from Central America and Mexico.
• The leadership of the Columbia Lil’ Cycos gang, which uses murder and racketeering to control the drug market around L.A.’s MacArthur Park, was about 60 percent illegal in 2002, says former assistant U.S. attorney Luis Li. Francisco Martinez, a Mexican Mafia member and an illegal alien, controlled the gang from prison, while serving time for felonious reentry following deportation.
Good luck finding any reference to such facts in official crime analysis. The LAPD and the L.A. city attorney recently requested an injunction against drug trafficking in Hollywood, targeting the 18th Street Gang and the “non–gang members” who sell drugs in Hollywood for the gang. Those non–gang members are virtually all illegal Mexicans, smuggled into the country by a ring organized by 18th Street bigs. The Mexicans pay off their transportation debts to the gang by selling drugs; many soon realize how lucrative that line of work is and stay in the business.
Cops and prosecutors universally know the immigration status of these non-gang “Hollywood dealers,” as the city attorney calls them, but the gang injunction is assiduously silent on the matter. And if a Hollywood officer were to arrest an illegal dealer (known on the street as a “border brother”) for his immigration status, or even notify the Immigration and Naturalization Service (since early 2003, absorbed into the new Department of Homeland Security), he would face severe discipline for violating Special Order 40, the city’s sanctuary policy.
The ordinarily tough-as-nails former LAPD chief Daryl Gates enacted Special Order 40 in 1979—showing that even the most unapologetic law-and-order cop is no match for immigration advocates. The order prohibits officers from “initiating police action where the objective is to discover the alien status of a person”—in other words, the police may not even ask someone they have arrested about his immigration status until after they have filed criminal charges, nor may they arrest someone for immigration violations. They may not notify immigration authorities about an illegal alien picked up for minor violations. Only if they have already booked an illegal alien for a felony or for multiple misdemeanors may they inquire into his status or report him. The bottom line: a cordon sanitaire between local law enforcement and immigration authorities that creates a safe haven for illegal criminals.
But youre right..the original article IS about MS 13 leaders in Tennessee...why on earth would JDUB post this info to support that? Good point, Donth8me. (haha, i like how she cosigns your comment on its irrelevance!)

You guys really are a paranoid bunch.
You give me too much credit.
I have no "games". And yet youre onto it! Too smart for me.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
What's this last sentence written in? Spanglish?
Ask DontH8tme.

I was teasing him, anti-illegal style. You know, when theres no argument, so they resort to pointing out grammar errors and misspellings?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:15 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,788,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Ask DontH8tme.

I was teasing him, anti-illegal style. You know, when theres no argument, so they resort to pointing out grammar errors and misspellings?
Oh, again with the jokes...you pro-illegals are a funny crowd

Old 07-28-2008, 06:25 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,989,171 times
Here is the skinny on Mara Salvatrucha MS-13 from a fairly reliable site on gangs in general.
Mara Salvatrucha Gang - MS-13 (http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/profiles/ms13/ - broken link)

We are not the only nation plagued by this gang. They have also become active in Spain where i have family in the National Police force. At first they confined themselves to their own people then it spread to other foreigners from Latin America living in Spain. When it finally hit the Spanish population it didn't take long for the police to crack down on them and the police in Spain as in other European nations real "crack down" with some violent`police tactics that we do not use here. Maybe we should. In any event many have left Spain or gone underground but the Spanish police are so busy with Muslim terrorists they don't have the resources to ferret out MS-13s and members of The Latin Kings. None the less it appears that the tactics used have diminished the presence of the two foreign gangs.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 PM

1,417 posts, read 851,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Here is the skinny on Mara Salvatrucha MS-13 from a fairly reliable site on gangs in general.
Mara Salvatrucha Gang - MS-13 (http://www.knowgangs.com/gang_resources/profiles/ms13/ - broken link)

We are not the only nation plagued by this gang. They have also become active in Spain where i have family in the National Police force. At first they confined themselves to their own people then it spread to other foreigners from Latin America living in Spain. When it finally hit the Spanish population it didn't take long for the police to crack down on them and the police in Spain as in other European nations real "crack down" with some violent`police tactics that we do not use here. Maybe we should. In any event many have left Spain or gone underground but the Spanish police are so busy with Muslim terrorists they don't have the resources to ferret out MS-13s and members of The Latin Kings. None the less it appears that the tactics used have diminished the presence of the two foreign gangs.
Most of the MS-13 information is mostly because of the media. They aren't that "super gang". I have a family member in the police and he says that they're not the ones we should be worrying about. It's the Sureno gang(s).

Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Most of the MS-13 information is mostly because of the media. They aren't that "super gang". I have a family member in the police and he says that they're not the ones we should be worrying about. It's the Sureno gang(s).
MS-13 is pretty tough. Surenos are just WAY more widespread and larger in number, just so many gangs(with their sets) that claim Sureno.

MS-13 gangs are just becoming known because they are appearing all over the place, even places that dont usually see Latino gangs, or even Latinos for that matter. Theyre giving a taste of the big city to a lot of small towns. In a town where there is very few homicides, and a murder happens that is tied to a gang that shares the name of an infamous LA gang, you know theres going to be a panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or