U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Weren't you a cop at one point? If anything, I value your feedback on the above case and I was interested in reading your thoughts. You were in law enforcement and the border patrol is a similar field, so I was interested to read your original thoughts.

I'm on the fence about the fence, no pun intended. I was hard-core fence at first, but I honestly dont' know if it's really needed. I'm also concerned about wildlife migration patterns. This is not like the oil pipeline in Alaska where the caribou could easily move across the land by simply crossing under the pipe.

Everything's just a big mess right now! I don't think anything will ever be done...but frankly, I don't have a solution, either. My best guess would be to impose bigger fines on the businesses that knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Huge papers will have to be drawn out to decide exactly what knowingly implies. No loopholes.
I was on Fort Bliss. I have friends in the Border Patrol, and that are EPPD, and we talk every now and then. Being in law enforcement is not worth it.. Criminals have more rights than a law abiding citizen... and this case proves that fact. Catch the bad guys, but do it with your hands tied behind your back.

My mother is also concerned about the wet lands that the Fence is going though.. and the fence they are building is like the Levees in new Orleans.. these big sheets of steal hammered into the ground deep. I think it is needed, some form of enforcing the line on the map.. But I would rather see America just Buy up Mexico like they did Texas and cut it into states and make them all US citizens.. I know really simple on paper, but difficult in practice. But that way, all the ins and outs of the problem get solved. Then we build a wall along a smaller shorter line on a map further south... and we have the new billions in TAX rev. from the new states to help pay for it. =) There would be no more Mexicans.. they would be Latino/Spanish Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think it will be very interesting to see the outcome of this--many people think Bush will pardon them because they were "just doing their job" even though what they did do was against the rules of the Border Patrol and the USA--like it or not--they DID break the law
the fact that the person who informed and was the key witness was more of a criminal than they were was what turned most people's stomachs--but he was the one they shot...you can't choose your victims when you are a prosecutor...
I will be very, very surprised if Bush does pardon them--they are not Scooter Libby and they don't hold any secrets about George Bush that he needs to keep quiet--
so my opinion is they are going to jail--probably be in isolation 23 hrs a day becuse they would be killed otherwise...
Bush has already declined to pardon them at least once.

He is too sympathetic to illegal aliens, even if they are drug dealers.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,702,859 times
thank you Muhnay for the links. i guess i have been victim of slanted broadcast journalism and sensationalism.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,663,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
thank you Muhnay for the links. i guess i have been victim of slanted broadcast journalism and sensationalism.
No Problem Belle, and I doubt you would be the victim of anything.

Don't feel bad.. down in the political forums I raised Cain about this.. and then I read some of the facts, and then that led to some more info, and then I started talking to my law enforcement friends, and then I had a change of heart.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM

3,494 posts, read 12,702,859 times
roger that and pass the ammo ha ha!!....always locked and loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
No Problem Belle, and I doubt you would be the victim of anything.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 AM
RGV

570 posts, read 2,914,539 times
Read the story in the link.

I still think they should be let go for shooting that illegal criminal.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:46 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,619,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV View Post
Read the story in the link.

I still think they should be let go for shooting that illegal criminal.
I agree and when you all get finished reading the sites , read NORTH AMERICAN SUPER HIGHWAY AND NORTH AMERICAN SECURITY AGREEMENT, then tell me if we need the fence or is it just a smoke screen ?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
You can read the transcripts from the trial here, as well as more info and facts:

U.S. Attorney's Office - Western District of Texas

And this is a pretty good article on the whole scene too..

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_...of%20Honor.pdf

I think after you have the facts and more info on what transpired you will agree they are where they should be, behind bars.
People don't want to read and get the facts period! They have already made up their minds on this issue.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 PM

756 posts, read 1,756,227 times
O.K. I am steping out on the ladder but key words fleeing suspect, marijuana and lets not forget about illegal immigrant!!!
O.K I am steping back in now.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 AM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
O.K. I am steping out on the ladder but key words fleeing suspect, marijuana and lets not forget about illegal immigrant!!!
O.K I am steping back in now.
Enough key words to use lethal force?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or