U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,176,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
And, why was this a felony? They are allowed to shoot at illegal drug dealers who run away, yes?
Not even after the agents were assaulted by him! It was an unprovoked, racist attack on a poor, defenseless migrant who was looking for a better life!

[/sarcasm]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:22 PM

756 posts, read 1,757,319 times
Who just happen to be a drug dealer!!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:14 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,674,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
And, why was this a felony? They are allowed to shoot at illegal drug dealers who run away, yes?
Well thats iffy.. Like I said some place on here.. Cops have their hands tied. He was running away, and could be captured without deadly force then they have to try that route.

Shooting someone in the rear/back is always viewed as a bad thing... because the Police don't view a running away suspect a threat and there for the use of deadly force is not encouraged.

I knew people with blinders on would only see this as an injustice.. hate is a evil thing and it blinds people of the facts.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Well thats iffy.. Like I said some place on here.. Cops have their hands tied. He was running away, and could be captured without deadly force then they have to try that route.

Shooting someone in the rear/back is always viewed as a bad thing... because the Police don't view a running away suspect a threat and there for the use of deadly force is not encouraged.

I knew people with blinders on would only see this as an injustice.. hate is a evil thing and it blinds people of the facts.
The fact is Aldrete-Davila wasn't shot in the rear/back. Ramos and Compean both testified that the man turned back towards them and looked to be pointing a weapon in their direction. The trajectory of the bullet that hit him seems to confirm their account. I will look for a description of his actual wound and post it for you if you like.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
The fact is Aldrete-Davila wasn't shot in the rear/back. Ramos and Compean both testified that the man turned back towards them and looked to be pointing a weapon in their direction. The trajectory of the bullet that hit him seems to confirm their account. I will look for a description of his actual wound and post it for you if you like.
Sure, I read some place it was in his buttocks.. but that could of been a misleading statement I read.. But again.. its not the shooting that put them in Jail.. its the cover up that did.

Now please don't think I support this drug smuggling piece of crap individual, because I am not.. and I think what this lawyer did was hitting below the belt. But I also think these two Border Patrol men should be in jail.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Sure, I read some place it was in his buttocks.. but that could of been a misleading statement I read.. But again.. its not the shooting that put them in Jail.. its the cover up that did.

Now please don't think I support this drug smuggling piece of crap individual, because I am not.. and I think what this lawyer did was hitting below the belt. But I also think these two Border Patrol men should be in jail.
What did they cover up? Their supervisory personnel were ON THE SCENE. Sutton made a big deal out of the fact that they didn't file a written report, but USBP protocol is to VERBALLY report to your supervisor. There is even an admonition in their guidelines NOT to file a written report, or so I've read.

Whether or not they are guilty of anything more than a rules infraction should be left up to a FULLY INFORMED jury, something they did NOT get the benefit of the first time around. The appeals court should have AT LEAST granted them a new trial.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
What did they cover up? Their supervisory personnel were ON THE SCENE. Sutton made a big deal out of the fact that they didn't file a written report, but USBP protocol is to VERBALLY report to your supervisor. There is even an admonition in their guidelines NOT to file a written report, or so I've read.

Whether or not they are guilty of anything more than a rules infraction should be left up to a FULLY INFORMED jury, something they did NOT get the benefit of the first time around. The appeals court should have AT LEAST granted them a new trial.
Well if the 5th circuit reviewed the trial and refused then it must be a pretty open and shut case. I posted links to the evidence and trial.. go read it. I should not have to spell it all out for you.. you seem like a smart intelligent person. I think your trying to twist facts and make stuff up for the publics opinion. These two men are where they belong, thats my final word on it.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Well if the 5th circuit reviewed the trial and refused then it must be a pretty open and shut case. I posted links to the evidence and trial.. go read it. I should not have to spell it all out for you.. you seem like a smart intelligent person. I think your trying to twist facts and make stuff up for the publics opinion. These two men are where they belong, thats my final word on it.
Yeah, that's why half the jurors said they would have NEVER convicted them if they'd been told 'the rest of the story'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or