U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I don't see a plethora of illegal alien deaths while in custody, do you?
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if we could get a source/link to all of these illegal alien deaths while in custody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 03:56 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
you mean National Council of La Raza? Or do you mean La Raza as in Mexicans?
The National Council of La Raza a.k.a. La Raza.

For future reference, whenever I mention La Raza, I am referring to the so-called Hispanic advocacy organization headed by Janet Murguia.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The National Council of La Raza a.k.a. La Raza.

For future reference, whenever I mention La Raza, I am referring to the so-called Hispanic advocacy organization headed by Janet Murguia.
I'm telling you, thats like referring to the NAACP as The Colored People.

"Yeah, he's probably in cahoots with the Colored People."

"Another trick by the Colored People."

Doesn't sound right, does it?

It makes you sound more anti-Hispanic than I'm sure you want to appear.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:00 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
The 'La Raza' term is subjective. Many Mexicans refer to their children as "Raza", or "Esta pinche raza" meaning these damn kids, or the literal meaning "Raza" meaning race.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I'm telling you, thats like referring to the NAACP as The Colored People.

"Yeah, he's probably in cahoots with the Colored People."

"Another trick by the Colored People."

Doesn't sound right, does it?

It makes you sound more anti-Hispanic than I'm sure you want to appear.
You know as well as I, no one has ever referred to the NAACP as the "Colored People." However, MOST think of the National Council of La Raza as simply "La Raza." There you go again, trying to play the race card.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The 'La Raza' term is subjective. Many Mexicans refer to their children as "Raza", or "Esta pinche raza" meaning these damn kids, or the literal meaning "Raza" meaning race.
Not even literally the race from how I've heard it. Its like "the people", interchangable with "La gente". Mexicans.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
You know as well as I, no one has ever referred to the NAACP as the "Colored People." However, MOST think of the National Council of La Raza as simply "La Raza." There you go again, trying to play the race card.
The only people who refer to NCLR as "La Raza" are anti-illegals, and they use it in a demeaning way. I'm sure thats where you picked it up from.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:07 PM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Not even literally the race from how I've heard it. Its like "the people", interchangable with "La gente". Mexicans.
That's the one I left out. It also can be used to reference "The Community".

Old 07-30-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah no one does, because they KNOW its wrong. If you weren't familiar with terms like "la raza" before you got into the immigration debate, then its okay if youre ignorant to its usage. But I'm telling you right now, its going to sound like youre talking about Mexicans.
And you cant keep crying about the race card when somebody's saying something you dont like.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, that IS the tactic now being used by Janet Murguia in response to the negative press against her "The Race" organization. Next, La Raza will mean "The Better Life Seekers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration