Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Unfortunately, Anonymous . . . there are plenty of hypocritical scenarios in Mexico, especially when it involves illegal immigration.
Yes, there most certainly is. There also seems to be quite a bit of hypocrisy among the pro-illegal bunch. All one has to do is read their posts in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Since when does America hate its citizens? Since when have I said I have established my nationalism or citizenship with Mexico?

It is really quite unbearable, and downright ridiculous the accusations and assumptions that have been thrown around on these forums. When will it end?
On the other thread you just said "In the USA, I'm a Mexican". That looked like establishing your nationalism and allegience to Mexico.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
On the other thread you just said "In the USA, I'm a Mexican". That looked like establishing your nationalism and allegience to Mexico.
Please don't confuse him with the facts.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,157,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I said. It was a quote from a movie. And its true, only in the U.S.A am I characterized being Mexican, while in the Mexico I'm characterized as a "gringo".

Nationality can also mean a relationship with ones culture as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Well with living 15yrs in Mexico can understand the people a little. While living in Mexico City, I was told more then once that any mexican that grows up in the states is considered to be Americanized and thus is considered an American Gringo. So, according to Californio, he feels that in the US he is looked on as a mexican. While in Mexico people see him as a GRINGO due to maybe living/growing up in the US. Hope people understand the comparison I outlined which is based on my personal experience living in Mexico City and baja. The people in Mexico City are a breed of different combinations of Mexico as a whole and have their own way of thinking towards the US. Suerte, Stefhen

Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Well with living 15yrs in Mexico can understand the people a little. While living in Mexico City, I was told more then once that any mexican that grows up in the states is considered to be Americanized and thus is considered an American Gringo. So, according to Californio, he feels that in the US he is looked on as a mexican. While in Mexico people see him as a GRINGO due to maybe living/growing up in the US. Hope people understand the comparison I outlined which is based on my personal experience living in Mexico City and baja. The people in Mexico City are a breed of different combinations of Mexico as a whole and have their own way of thinking towards the US. Suerte, Stefhen
This is true Stefhen, but I believe that there are less Myths regarding the USA in Mexico, that those Mexican myths in the USA, although that doesn't mean there are no myths in Mexico, specially in small towns people build stories about America and imagine things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration