Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:03 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

It boils down to that one sentence right there. Because pro-illegal groups cannot form a logical argument against that sentence, they bring out their playbook of hate, xenophobe, racist, mean-spirited, etc. They throw out any "label" that will turn the conversation/debate away from true fact and instead to shock value and character assasination.
I don't know about being xenophobic, bigoted and racist. I can see how it is ignorance though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 02:06 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
Well, as I've said before, as soon as the ones here now are granted amnesty, I'm sure nobody will hate them then. I'm sure everyone's attitudes will completely be different, because it really is that whole illegal thing that's bugging everybody.

Attitudes will change overnight when they're not breaking the law being here, I'm sure.
Amnesty will happen when HELL freezes! We've stopped it for the last few years against a President that PROMISED it to Mexico, and we'll CONTINUE to stop it in the future, regardless of which major party sellout gets elected!

Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I don't know about being xenophobic, bigoted and racist. I can see how it is ignorance though.
Just who the hell are you calling ignorant, anyway?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Just who the hell are you calling ignorant, anyway?
Pro-illegals who are ignorant on anti-illegal beliefs, jesus christ read the posts.

*Religious nazi's, don't give me crap about using jesus christ as a cuss word. I can say what ever I want, its the beauty of America.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:10 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Legal or not, you can't stand them and thats the truth.
I know some Salvadorans and Cubans who can't...

Old 07-30-2008, 02:12 PM

327 posts, read 755,129 times
Both John McCain and Barack Obama seem to have pro amnesty views (unless they've flip-flopped, which is certainly possible lol).

Old 07-30-2008, 02:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The pro-illegal playbook includes calling those of us who want immigration laws enforced racist, hateful and xenophobic-it is used all the time. Those words are used quite often. Thankfully many are realizing that wanting the laws enforced and wanting people to come here legally is not racist or xenophobic. These words have been thrown around so much it has to some level diminished those terms-at least when it comes to the immigration debate. I think most of us now know that when those words are used in debate it means the pro-illegal group has no valid argument and is again looking for shock value.

Ignorance? The only ignorance that I see is people refusing to acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal. Then again it really is not ignorance-it is deliberate-especially when words like "undocumented" are used.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Amnesty will happen when HELL freezes! We've stopped it for the last few years against a President that PROMISED it to Mexico, and we'll CONTINUE to stop it in the future, regardless of which major party sellout gets elected!
Hell hath no fury like the American tax payer and citizens who love this country of all races, creed and color.

I will die and go to hell and request a leave of absence when I get there so I can come back and fight against illegal immigration until we get the job done.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
Both John McCain and Barack Obama seem to have pro amnesty views (unless they've flip-flopped, which is certainly possible lol).
So does Bush. However, as GuyPinestra pointed out-Bush all but promised amnesty to Mexico on a silver platter. We-the American people and legal immigrants-who called, faxed, wrote and protested-killed MANY amnesty attempts. We had another "victory" with the extension of E-verify yesterday. Even though McCain and Obama are just as bad-amnesty is not a "shoe in". More and more people and states are getting fired up every day. llegals are leaving.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Hell hath no fury like the American tax payer and citizens who love this country of all races, creed and color.

I will die and go to hell and request a leave of absence when I get there so I can come back and fight against illegal immigration until we get the job done.

Right there with you JDubsMom-as I am sure many others on this board and around our great country are as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration