Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He (Arpaio) has become the false messiah," Gordon said. "But when the light is shined on him, people will see that he isn't helping to fight illegal immigration and he's just making the situation worse. You've got an individual with a badge and a gun who's breaking the law and abusing his authority

Gordon seeks national spotlight on Arpaio's tactics

Way to go Gordon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Arpaio is just a bully and a crooked cop who tries to intimidate anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Quote:

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office has launched an investigation into the state Department of Racing, which has been investigating the business dealings of an Arpaio campaign fundraiser.
It is the third time in six months that Arpaio's office has pursued investigations into public officials or agencies that have been at odds with him or his policies, but it appears to be the first in which his office has targeted an agency that is at odds with a key financial contributor.
One focuses on Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon's allegations of racial profiling by the Sheriff's Office. Two weeks ago, deputies scanned more than 10,000 pages from the Mayor's Office through a public-records request.
Arpaio's probe of panel stirs questions

Old 07-30-2008, 09:08 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,274 times
I lived in Scottsdale for almost 2 years and often read about this sheriff via a local rag with a magpie mascot. He's old world stuff, and I think you're pretty much screwed if you get on his bad side.

He is doing the right thing though -- arresting illegal aliens.

However, the worst element of law enforcement is not necessarily the best friend in this solution. It makes an effective smear to point at the sheriff in this regards, "Those are the kinds of people who don't want illegal aliens in America", redneck and racist accusations, adding to why we should protect them, yada yada.

Bleh!

On the other hand, an even greater disservice to law enforcement, would be the Phoenix Police Department's policy of refusal to arrest illegal aliens (or even ask them if they are illegal aliens) which spews almost word for word the verbiage of la raza's opposition to it. What should be an outrageous embarassment of law enforcement services, because they have aligned themselves with the opposition of law, is simply shrugged off with political correctness.

Arpaio is fun to write about. But I can see why he is in power. He attracts supporters who see the direct connection between political correctness and political corruption. People are fed up. This is the hero to champion their cause? It's very sad.

The Phoenix Police Department's policy of allowing illegal aliens to continue with their criminal activity, is not fun to write about. Whenever it is written about, it's reeks of political correctness, which serves its purpose, to effectively brainwash the masses.

Political Correctness does have an immunity. It's called the space between the ears, or . . brain matter. It's a recent discovery, to think. Like most new sciences, those who have tried using brain matter or even discussing it, are shunned by society.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Whether Arpaio is 'nice' or not, I couldn't say. No doubt inside him, beats the heart of a 'showman'. As far as the 'spotlight' goes, I don't even live in Arizona, and I thought he was already a minor celebrity of sorts. It seems to me he's already been 'in the spotlight', and has a pretty high rate of approval.

At the end of the day, I'm no expert on police procedure, or on Political Correctness, either. But I do know that illegal immigration involves huge numbers of people; is against the law; and that the Sherriff's job is to confront lawbreakers. And I also know that no law-enforcement officer anywhere, at anytime, has ever confronted law breakers in a way that the lawbreakers 'approved' of. Common sense tells us that if the 'cops' go after anyone, their 'targets' are probably not going to like it.

Does it surprise anyone that Arpaio isn't totally approved of by the illegal community? Seems pretty simple to me.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Whiners and babies don't like Arpaio because they care more about illegal criminals. Oh well, sob sob. Tough luck and they can't stand it when the chosen people get arrested for being here illegally. I hope that he arrests even more.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,274 times
Quote:
Thursday, 17 January 2008
. . the phoenix policy, known as operations order 1.4, has been on the books in phoenix for 20 years. It prohibits officers from asking about immigration status in routine situations. However, in early december, mayor phil gordon who originally backed order 1.4, surprised many in the latino community when he stated he could "no longer support" the policy.
-- la neuva raza (movimiento news and events from around Atzlan in print and online)
f.y.i.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
There will always be opposition to enforcing our laws. I would feel nothing but embarrassment to be a proponent of criminality. Obviously, supporters of illegal immigration lack moral substance; thus, they applaud all forms of lawlessness.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
How soon this traitor of a mayor forgets the police officers who were killed by illegals. How about police officer Nick Erfle-murdered by a previously deported illegal alien with a rap sheet? How about the mayor give a damn about Americans and those here legally instead of illegal lawbreakers? The more work done by Sheriff Joe-the better for both police officers and American's safety.

If we had a Sheriff Joe in every state-we would have much less of an illegal alien problem.

YouTube - Rest In Peace Officer Nick Erfle

-Warning sound on video-

Old 07-30-2008, 11:27 AM

1,417 posts, read 1,156,414 times
Regardless what anyone says, he runs a good show. Tents in the middle of the desert, meager rations, chain gangs.. what can be better? All jails should be run like this. Rather than having multi-million dollar state prisons.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
How soon this traitor of a mayor forgets the police officers who were killed by illegals. How about police officer Nick Erfle-murdered by a previously deported illegal alien with a rap sheet? How about the mayor give a damn about Americans and those here legally instead of illegal lawbreakers? The more work done by Sheriff Joe-the better for both police officers and American's safety.

If we had a Sheriff Joe in every state-we would have much less of an illegal alien problem.

YouTube - Rest In Peace Officer Nick Erfle

-Warning sound on video-
How sad! This American hero beat cancer, only to be gunned down like a dog by this illegal alien scum. Now, his wife and two children must mourn his death and continue their lives without him. These children no longer have a father; yet, pro-illegals continue to support these illegal alien murderers. It's appalling.

Thanks for posting the video. Perhaps one pro-illegal will begin to realize the true cost of this illegal alien invasion. May he rest in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration