U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
LOL sad.

DREAM on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 03:05 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
DREAM on.
So whens this meeting again?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
So whens this meeting again?

None YA. Don't worry I already have my airline ticket, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
None YA. Don't worry I already have my airline ticket, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
Is it on a thursday? For reals, is it?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
That's actually really good that you got a job in Mexico and can lead a regular life, I think it's a good news.

But as for me, oh HELL no, I ain't going to Korea or the Korean army lol. I am 21 and I am willing to wait at least 5 more years, I don't even plan on waiting per say. If it doesn't pass next year I am gonna take the matter into my own hands and really try my best to find my one to marry. I guess it depends on your degree but I would only have a nursing degree (AS degree) and even if I got a bachelor in another major I would end up as an English teacher for the rest of my life in Korea.

Aww what a nice kid - NOT. This is the kind of scum hanging around waiting for a free ride to citizenship.

The Other Option (leaving) - Page 2 - DREAM Act Portal - Forums

Old 08-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Aww what a nice kid - NOT. This is the kind of scum hanging around waiting for a free ride to citizenship.

The Other Option (leaving) - Page 2 - DREAM Act Portal - Forums
Why is he "scum"? He just sounds desperate to stay in the only country he knows.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
You have no idea how many people came here at the age of 3 or 4 or 5.
Imagine you being born in England, but you dont remember anything about it because you were brought here at the age of 2, then you get set back to England at whatever age you are without ever having been there.

These people deserve a right to become LEGAL citizens. They've stayed out of trouble, and are becoming educated. Thats the kind of immigrants we need.
It’s unfortunate that children often suffer due to the decisions made by their parents. However, there are no special provisions for the children of U.S. citizens who are incarcerated or have engaged in criminal activities. Their children also suffer. Blame the parents, not the laws or citizens of this country.

The DREAM Act would simply be another manipulated, abused and un-enforced law to enable millions of illegal aliens to gain citizenship. It would also be a HUGE magnet for more illegal immigration. I simply cannot condone “rewarding” illegal aliens for ignoring our laws. Furthermore, due to their propensity to use numerous aliases, as well as document fraud, there simply would be no reliable means of verification.

People relocate to foreign countries on a regular basis, and adapt quite well. There is no reason Dreamies can’t return to their countries of origin.

How do they "deserve" the "right" to be granted citizenship?

Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s unfortunate that children often suffer due to the decisions made by their parents. However, there are no special provisions for the children of U.S. citizens who are incarcerated or have engaged in criminal activities. Their children also suffer. Blame the parents, not the laws or citizens of this country.

The DREAM Act would simply be another manipulated, abused and un-enforced law to enable millions of illegal aliens to gain citizenship. It would also be a HUGE magnet for more illegal immigration. I simply cannot condone “rewarding” illegal aliens for ignoring our laws. Furthermore, due to their propensity to use numerous aliases, as well as document fraud, there simply would be no reliable means of verification.

People relocate to foreign countries on a regular basis, and adapt quite well. There is no reason Dreamies can’t return to their countries of origin.

How do they "deserve" the "right" to be granted citizenship?
Excellent analogy. The answer to your question is they don't deserve anything courtesy of the US taxpayer. Millions of citizens graduate high school every single day yet when they prepare to go to college out of state, they have to pay out of state rates. The circumstances of Dreamies are NOT special other than they have managed to lie, cheat and steal in order to obtain an American college degree by any means necessary. They need to take their ill gotten gains and use them to help raise their 3rd world countries out of poverty. But it's easier for them to remain here in all of their arrogance and delusional racial superiority and demand we foot their bills.

Additionally, they claim they can't go back because they aren't familiar with their homelands. Neither they nor their parents were familiar with America but they sure did learn how to skirt every law possible to remain here. Proof that it is not impossible for them to go home and adjust to the country they so proudly support but are too lazy to make liveable. It's much easier to stay here and demand everything after all we've already done all the heavy lifting.

It's time for them to blame and hold their criminal parents accountable for their actions but of course they won't do that because they have been raised to believe that nothing is ever their fault.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,562 times
no human being is illegal. dont tell me your ancestors who came here 500 years ago spoke whatever language the natives spoke. did they have a passport? NO. and i they also came here for a better future. that your great-great-great-great-great uncle came from Ireland doesnt you an immigrant. Dont be selfish. be realistic.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yestfl View Post
no human being is illegal. dont tell me your ancestors who came here 500 years ago spoke whatever language the natives spoke. did they have a passport? NO. and i they also came here for a better future. that your great-great-great-great-great uncle came from Ireland doesnt you an immigrant. Dont be selfish. be realistic.
No: you be realistic-------------things change and even the 'beloved' Aztecs prior to the Hispanic takeover of what is today's Mexico subjugated weaker Indian tribes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration