U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,773,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yestfl View Post
no human being is illegal. dont tell me your ancestors who came here 500 years ago spoke whatever language the natives spoke. did they have a passport? NO. and i they also came here for a better future. that your great-great-great-great-great uncle came from Ireland doesnt you an immigrant. Dont be selfish. be realistic.
human beings engage in illegal behavior and we have every right to stop it. there are actually policies in place for immigration and people are not bigger than the law, even if they think that they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Excellent analogy. The answer to your question is they don't deserve anything courtesy of the US taxpayer. Millions of citizens graduate high school every single day yet when they prepare to go to college out of state, they have to pay out of state rates. The circumstances of Dreamies are NOT special other than they have managed to lie, cheat and steal in order to obtain an American college degree by any means necessary. They need to take their ill gotten gains and use them to help raise their 3rd world countries out of poverty. But it's easier for them to remain here in all of their arrogance and delusional racial superiority and demand we foot their bills.

Additionally, they claim they can't go back because they aren't familiar with their homelands. Neither they nor their parents were familiar with America but they sure did learn how to skirt every law possible to remain here. Proof that it is not impossible for them to go home and adjust to the country they so proudly support but are too lazy to make liveable. It's much easier to stay here and demand everything after all we've already done all the heavy lifting.

It's time for them to blame and hold their criminal parents accountable for their actions but of course they won't do that because they have been raised to believe that nothing is ever their fault.

While I do not care the illegal immigrants who have flooded this country due to the USA government not really enforcing the immigration laws, I do feel for some of the children who were brought here by their parents when they were very young. Now some really didn't realize until they were much older and wanted to go to college that they were illegally in the USA.
Some were brought here when they were old enough to know the truth.

That being the case if I were in Congress I would make the Dream Act possoble for some based on the age they entered the country and a cut-off point as to the year it is allowed. Also I would make so any new illegal
students wouldn't be eligble for the program after the cut-off date, in other words the Dream Act would not continue after that date and any students who are in the country illegally would be deported with their parents.

These parents knew that they were illegal and that their children were non-citzens who were not entitled to a valid SS# in order to get students loans and grants. As most legals know that their home would never allow illegal immigrant such rights as they are demanding of the USA.

In Mexico for example a non-citzens cannot own property in most areas,
yet many illegals immigrants have brought homes and started businesses in the US. They seem to think if they just slip into the US and work hard and in some cases use false ID's to get a job that squares everything up right.
I find they will have children born in this country and try to use them as means to justify staying in this country. Most of the illegals are from Mexico. They when times were good, sent home over 26 billion dollars to family members. Next to oil, those remittances were the 2nd largest amount of money Mexico got.

A poll was taken in Mexico a few years ago and found that 60% of Mexico wanted to come and live in the USA. As Mexico's population is over 100 million, that would mean that or 60 million Mexicans would come here to live if they could. The only reason Mexico didn't want the US to enforce it's immigration laws and put a better border fence, is because it didn't want that cash cow to stop and it got out it's people demanding better conditions for the poor. It only wanted the US to solve it's problem of masses of poor and unemployed.

What I found so amazing is that these same people who howl about immigration rights in the US had the nerve to wave and carry the flags of the same countries to which they couldn't even make a living in.

How arrorant, they were to think that most US citizens were going to side with them. Didn't they notice that many American citizens were sick having to press one for "English" when they had to call various companies?
That alone should have told what the real feelings of most American citizens were. No, they foolishly tried to tie their movement to Civil Rights
Movement of US blacks. Most black Americans don't even buy that one.

The biggest mistake the US Supreme Court did to encourage these parents was to make it possible for their illegal offspring to attend US public schools. I think if illegal parents knew that their illegal children couldn't go to any US public school in the first place they would have stop bringing them here long ago.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
That is what gets me. What is wrong with our government that they allow illegal foreingers to abuse our country? Why are we providing and education for kids who don't even have a right to be in this country? Why are we giving them birthright citizenship when their parents are here illegally? There is so much that can be done to cut illegal immigration to a trickle in this country. Why won't they do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration