Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,736,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly behavior more childishly, you prove me wrong.
You taunted me first, buddy. At least read the whole paragraph next time.

Quote:
Reading comprehension problem?

To which I corrected: All equally illegal.
It's okay, Benicar. We all make mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 03:04 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,726,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
HAHA, JW's Mom is gonna save the day, people!

Yeah, I remember you bringing that up, and I've been DVR'ing C-Span ever since. PLEASE tell us if this going to be televised.

Are you going to go into the bad effects of multi-culturalism? On how Mexicans are programmed to be child-rapists so we should stop importing more illegals?

What's next on the agenda? Larry King? The O'Reilly Factor?
Stephen Colbert!! Go on his show!
The funny thing is, Durbin is one of the strongest supporters of the dream act. I am pretty sure anything Jdub's mom will say will fall on deaf ears. I also have a feeling durbin won't even waste his time meeting her in the first place.

YouTube - Senator Richard Durbin on the DREAM Act

YouTube - America is Better Than That

Old 08-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Read the "QUOTES" about the students etc with no proper ID'S for drivers license/school applications. Last time I (note; capital I and not(i) is proper English. Do not know how a person can graduate from High School without knowing how to SPELL/Write the English properly. Bottom line, when you climb over/under a fence ILLEGALLY or overstay a VISA with the intentions of NOT returning to your country of origin, is breaking the law of the US. DO NOT EXPECT to get any favors as a result. Sorry, I do not have any sympathy for anyone involved. I personally do not go to another country ILLEGALLY and then expect them to give me LEGAL STATUS by breaking their LAWS. Steve

Are you serious? They speak perfect English. Save the anger for the criminals, not the kids who are actually making the best out of being in this country. I doubt you can speak 2 languages correctly yourself.
Who types perfectly on a forum, anyways? For example:

Quote:
(Read the "QUOTES" about the students etc with no proper ID'S for driver(')s license/school applications. Last time I (note; capital I and not(i) is proper English. <-(sentence fragments)->Do not know how a person can graduate from High School<-(not supposed to be capitalized) without knowing how to SPELL/Write (the)<-remove English properly. Bottom line, when you climb over/under a fence ILLEGALLY or overstay a VISA with the intentions of NOT returning to your country of origin, (it)is breaking the law of the US. DO NOT EXPECT to get any favors as a result. Sorry, I do not have any sympathy for anyone involved. I personally do not go to another country ILLEGALLY and then expect them to give me LEGAL STATUS by breaking their LAWS. Steve)<--improper use of capitalization for emphasis throughout. D-.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The funny thing is, Durbin is one of the strongest supporters of the dream act. I am pretty sure anything Jdub's mom will say will fall on deaf ears. I also have a feeling durbin won't even waste his time meeting her in the first place.

YouTube - Senator Richard Durbin on the DREAM Act

YouTube - America is Better Than That
I hope he does. With some of the things she says on here, she'd get laughed off the podium.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,501,143 times
Quote:
You taunted me first, buddy. At least read the whole paragraph next time.

It's okay, Benicar. We all make mistakes.
You win amc. You're just too smart for me, buddy.

Do you agree they are illegal, or are they Americans?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,726,216 times
Quote:
I hope he does. With some of the things she says on here, she'd get laughed off the podium.
Quote:

If you would like to make a tour request or join me for my Thursday morning coffee, please visit my Tour Assistance or my Constituent Coffee page.
Haha, this is what she's talking about! Awww..how special!!!!

U.S. Senator Richard J. Durbin (http://durbin.senate.gov/contact.cfm - broken link)

Old 08-01-2008, 03:20 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,849,209 times
Never did well in English Composition... Engineering was my BA. As to using capital letters, I do not wish to write solely in lower case letters. Sometimes capitals are used in order to emphasis a point that I am trying to get across. Anyway, THANX for the COMPLIMENT. I enjoyed that. Steve

Old 08-01-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You win amc. You're just too smart for me, buddy.

Do you agree they are illegal, or are they Americans?
They are in this country illegally. But having come here at such a young age, they are as American as you and me in everything besides citizenship.
They speak great English, seem to be well spoken, and are interested in becoming educated. No doubt they have the possibility to grow up and contribute to society.
I think people like the ones who posted on that thread deserve a chance to try and become legal Americans, which is what they want to do.
Do you have something against that?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Never did well in English Composition... Engineering was my BA. As to using capital letters, I do not wish to write solely in lower case letters. Sometimes capitals are used in order to emphasis a point that I am trying to get across. Anyway, THANX for the COMPLIMENT. I enjoyed that. Steve
I write like crap on the internet, too. On here, my grammar sucks, I don't even mess with punctuation or capitalization in any kind of consistent way. But I get B's and A's on all my last minute English essays. I just thought that was cheap for you to point out a tiny grammar error on a web forum to claim they dont know correct English.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:30 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Haha, this is what she's talking about! Awww..how special!!!!

U.S. Senator Richard J. Durbin (http://durbin.senate.gov/contact.cfm - broken link)
I doubt that she’s referring to this. There are many people involved nationwide in presenting negative info relating to the Dream Act. By designating themselves as the poster kids for the DREAM Act, the Dreamies at DAP have jeopardized opportunities for others. They couldn’t have possibly damaged their cause more, had their lives depended on it.

Prior to reading the threads on that site, I was somewhat undecided. Their ingrate arrogance, coupled with their vile behavior, convinced me that they would certainly NOT be an asset to this nation. If they are representative of the majority of illegal alien students in this country, they are the LAST thing we need. We owe them nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration