Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 12:39 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,433,543 times

Advertisements

Let's play a game, imagine a world without borders or immigration controls and describe it.

then imagine a world with working immigration policies that reduce illegal immigration to almost 0 and describe it too.

have phun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 AM

756 posts, read 1,999,311 times
I would also like to imagine a world with no drugs............but that is not going to happen.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,126 times
. .

Last edited by r601020; 07-31-2008 at 01:47 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,947,688 times
Ahh that would be nice.. what a wonderful thought.

Now try and guess what of the two options I am thinking of.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Default My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Let's play a game, imagine a world without borders or immigration controls and describe it.

then imagine a world with working immigration policies that reduce illegal immigration to almost 0 and describe it too.

have phun!
OK, I'm imagining......(pause....close eyes,....think)...I see it now. A world without borders. I see also a world of gentle, understanding police officers, whose job it is to pursue gentle, honorable criminals. I see a world in which there is no evil or 'bad', because it will be a world without judgement. I see a world in which each and every one of us can do exactly what we want, when we want, for as long as we want, and wherever we want....and NOBODY has the right to stop us. I see a world in which everything that belongs to you, belongs to me, as well.....and if I 'need' anything, I have only to take it....and if I 'feel' something is right for me, I'll do it. And you'll do the same. And so will the other six billion people who inhabit my 'imaginary' world. But we'll never disagree or argue, because we'll all be 'GOOD"...each and every one of us.

What will we do with the "bad" people? Relax !...there won't BE any bad people, remember? All people will be 'good' in different ways.

I'm getting a headache now....the vision in fading. Maybe it will come back later....

Old 07-31-2008, 09:15 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
The 70s called - they want their hippies and peaceniks back.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,183 times
This guy thinks hes john lennon

"imagine"

that

Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,433,543 times
5000, AD. The age of capricorn.

Nea is a 10 year old girl who lives in the community of Nesha, after performing her, Energy excercizes to charge the cells of her body with intelligent cosmic energy, she goes into the meditation posture and starts chanting the mantra of knowledge.

Aum Bhur Bhuva Svaha

Oh supreme essence of life and consciousness, let thy light shine on the three dimensions, Physical, Energetic and Mental.

Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi
Dhiyoyo Naha Prachodayat.

Oh supreme and life giving light, bringer of happiness, destroyer of suffering and ignorance, please guide my consciousness to truth and self realization.

After chanting the mantra for about 40 minutes, she goes into a deep state of mental relaxation, after that she performs a yogic technique that turns her spine into a magnet that attracts all the energy of her body and lifts it to the medulla center between the eyebrows, her entire body relaxes to a point where the heart and breath stop, she knows enters into the supraconsciousness state.

She then gets a vision, of the end of the age of piscis around 2008 A.D. People live in huge conglomerates of steel, concrete and glass, materialism and status are the most important values, people is aware of subtle energies present in the universe such as gravity, magnetism and radiation, but they aren't yet aware of the more subtle energies behind those such as the intelligent cosmic energy that is known as prana, people is aware of the amount of energy contained into a single atom, but they are unable yet to use it for constructive uses, people still resorts to spoken language to transfer ideas, unaware of thought transfer and intuitional perception techniques, this is because societies are still trapped into the delusion of the I, me and mine consciousness, that makes them perceive themselves as separate, limited and primitive beings, unaware of their spiritual nature, people base their happiness on material, short lived and transitory things, so most people feel unhappy, and frustrated ever looking for more and more material pleasures that leave their thirst ever unquenched, they look for answers, yet they don't know where to find them, this creates the illusion of the pursuit of material wealth, greed, divisions that create wars which are much more destructive than those in the previous age of Aries, aka the age of ignorance, this quest for ever lasting happiness guided by ignorance and unsound perception, creates a never ending self destructing race for resources that leave the planet polluted and depleted, global warming raises it's ugly head, yet there is hope thanks to inventions like the WWW people slowly starts breaking the illusions of time, distance, ethnicity and nationality, then the vision goes further into time...

2050 AD

Global warming, pollution and consumerism have effectively depleted most of the earth, people are desperate, those who were born in places that no longer can sustain life flee trying to escape a certain death, only to face it by the hands of those who desperately hold to the few resources left, some of the worst genocides on earth are commited during this period, violent and destructive wars break out due to the scarce resources and a nuclear winter is experienced, there is much suffering and death and human population is reduced to one third of it's size, after much suffering people realize that they have no control over the changes experienced in a changing universe, fearing an inminent destruction of the planet and human civilization after believing everything is lost, then they start to philosophize on the following questions...

Why is this happening?
What's the purpose of all this?
What is the real meaning of everlasting happiness?
Why are we killing each other?
Why do we reject each other?
What's the real purpose of life?
Why am I here?

These questions, lead to the development of a new school of thought, people realize that behind atoms, electrons, quarks and other subatomic particles lies an intelligent guiding consciousness, that expresses as life and consciousness in the living beings, then a dualist theory is created, where reality is composed of 2 things only.

Matter and Spirit, then phillosophers start to analyze spirit, and then they understand that the source of all life and happiness comes from it, this slowly creates an spiritual revolution, where people start perceiving others as expressions of this spirit, the I, me and Mine consciousness starts is dying process, people starts developing methods to regain union with that spirit, this leads to a new school of thought based on the following ideas.

The mind-stuff or thinking-substance includes intellect, ego-sense, and mind. the thinking substance evolves from primary matter, but may reflect spirit. Spirit is pure conscioussness and absolute awareness. Spirit transcends the world of matter. Spirit is an unchanging principle of reality, but matter may be changed by interactions of qualities which include: clarity, radiance, energy, passion, and darkness, lethargy.

Spirit can only be perceived when the I am consciousness is anihilated.
the I am consciousness can only be anihilated when the perturbations of the mind are supressed.

The thinking principle has the following stages.
the restless, the torpid, the distracted, the focused and the supressed state.

Mental perturbations may be caused by latent or subliminal impressions, and subliminal impressions may be caused by mental perturbations. Mental perturbations may be restricted by practice and by detachment. Practice can lead to calmness and stability. Detachment is a loss of desire for worldly objects. Supreme detachment is a state of absolute indifference to the qualities of matter.

They reach the conclusion that there are nine distractions or obstacles to calming mental fluctuations including: sickness, listlessness, doubt, carelessless, lethargy , worldliness, erroneous perceptions, failure to attain any stage of concentration , and instability of any stage of concentration. These distractions may cause pain, dejection, restlessness of the body, and unsteadiness of breathing. These distractions may be overcome by focusing the mind on a single principle of reality, and by practicing concentration.

Mental fluctuations are modifications of the mind-stuff or thinking-substance. These modifications include: valid cognition, invalid cognition, concepts which do not refer to any corresponding reality, dreamless sleep, or absent cognition, and memory. These mental fluctuations may be hindered or unhindered.

Valid cognition may arise from: perception, inference, and verbal testimony, However, invalid cognition is wrong knowledge which can create an illusion or misconception about something such as when darkness is misperceived as light, or when obscurity is misperceived as clarity

Wrong knowledge may be caused by the five hindrances or afflictions: ignorance, egoism, attachment, aversion, and fear of death . Ignorance or personal delusion is the field upon which the other hindrances may be dormant, attentuated, interrupted, or sustained. Ignorance of personal delusion is a cause of the mistaken tendency to identify the impermanent as permanent, and the not-self as the self. Egoism is a cause of the mistaken tendency to identify the intellect as pure consciousness. Attachment is a cause of the failure to perceive the spiritual reality of the Self as being different from the material reality. Aversion is the tendency to dwell upon pain. Bodily attachment is an instinctive fear of death or a sense of threatened annihilation..

The means of escape from hindrances may be provided by discriminative discernment. Liberation is attained by means of discriminative discernment, which reveals how spirit is different from matter. Discriminative discernment leads to the concentration which became known as the Cloud of Knowable Things. The attainment of this Cloud of Knowable Things leads to the cessation of hindrances and of fluctuations. When all hindrances to concentration have been overcome, the Self can act freely and authentically. The highest Self is unhindered by fluctuations or by past actions. The Self which is liberated from matter has an absolute consciousness established in its own Self.

This ideas came from enlightened minds who focused on understanding spirit, these perceptions make them be aware of transitory ages of mankind, with periods of spirituality, mental development, technological development, materialism and ignorance, that these knowledge had already been discovered by people who lived in previous enlightened ages, this school of thought makes civilization have an abrupt shift from the pursuit of material pleasures, to the pursue of self realization, the age of technology is slowly replaced by the age of mind and reason, people then realize that the reason they are here and experiencing all this is to develop this consciousness, nations, nationalities, patriotism, divisions, slowly disappear, wars start slowly vanishing, and as people progresses further, the use of spoken language dwindles, replaced by telepathy and intuitional perception.

After an indefinite time of deep meditation, Nesha returns to the physical plane, his time of study has finished, and she then realizes how the world is an ever changing and transitory place, where ages of spirituality and materialism come and go as waves in the ocean, she is then thankful to have been born on the age of reason and takes a stronger resolution to continue his self-study, and self-discipline with the spiritual practices that were discovered by her ancestors in order to reach the state of total self realization.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 07-31-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,824 times
She and he, his and her seem to be interchangeable in this.

-10 on the credibility scale...

Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM

605 posts, read 2,380,221 times
I'm imagining everyone in my office with no clothes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration