U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Reputation: 457

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Did you even read it? Had you read my post you have noticed, that I want an easier LEGAL method. Nice straw man arguement on this posting. I just think that we need to alleviate the underclass for those that are already here. Of course we need to control the border, but I feel that aiding the poorer aspects of society is more important, especially now more than ever, to our economy. Why would we want to create an underclass of the fastest growing market segment in the United States? Maybe you just didn't understand the post...maybe you got legal confused with illegal. Or maybe you fell into the rhetoric and heuristics of being too patriotic to the point of not understanding the problem.
Why would we want to take tax money from the legal citizens to support the illegals in social programs.
Our country has enough poor without piling on more.....................

 
Old 11-23-2008, 08:46 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Did you even read it? Had you read my post you have noticed, that I want an easier LEGAL method. Nice straw man arguement on this posting. I just think that we need to alleviate the underclass for those that are already here. Of course we need to control the border, but I feel that aiding the poorer aspects of society is more important, especially now more than ever, to our economy. Why would we want to create an underclass of the fastest growing market segment in the United States? Maybe you just didn't understand the post...maybe you got legal confused with illegal. Or maybe you fell into the rhetoric and heuristics of being too patriotic to the point of not understanding the problem.
Nothing is more annoying or condescending than asking someone who responds to the post in question: "Did you even read it?". To do so is condescending at best, ignorant, pathological sarcasm at it's worst.

Not only is it a stupid question, it also implies that maybe I read it but I didn't comprehend what I was reading. Simply because I didn't agree with your opinion to do so simply reiterates the inability of millions of illegal aliens to comprehend the definition of a word as simple as NO. But I digress.

The rest of your passive agressive personal attack masquerading as innocent dialect is not worthy of a response.
 
Old 11-23-2008, 09:50 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Why would we want to take tax money from the legal citizens to support the illegals in social programs.
Our country has enough poor without piling on more.....................
These poor people would benifit too...look at the demographics of the inner city (poor Americans and poor illegals). Look at many rural areas, (poor Americans and poor illegals). We can help the reservations. It just makes sense to aid those that are already here, instead on creating a social apartheid in which a segment of the population will constantly be poor.
 
Old 11-23-2008, 09:56 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
"Just think these stats are 4 years old. That being said, prey tell oh wise one, how many more BILLIONS of our hard earned, tax payer dollars do you suggest should be wasted rolling out the welcome mat for our "uninvited guest" in the rest of the US?"

No sarcasm in your response...no none at all. Again I did not want to roll out the welcome mat. But you did not seem to know the arguement. So I can only assume a few things...which you relisted. So, I'm sorry if I offended you...but either you did not understand my position, or you read illegal instead of legal, or you are very hardlined to the right falling into a trap that can create a divisive environment. The only reason why I can assume only three things is because of the poor straw man argument as stated above. My point was aid those that are here and create an easier LEGAL system...you stated that my intention was to increase ILLEGAL immigration. It fails to acknowlege the post. It was not a thinly veiled attack. It is ironic that if "The rest of your passive agressive personal attack masquerading as innocent dialect is not worthy of a response. " , then why did you even mention it? You did respond to it...hence the post. Sarcasm only works if you can show a fundemental flaw...not by simply calling the person dumb and acting hurt.
 
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
 
3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
Reputation: 4825
No, it makes sense to send those law-breaking, illegal alien foreigners home and use the money to take care of our poor. Would you feed people who break into your home and won't leave? People who break into my country are no different than people who break into my home.

Last edited by davidt1; 11-23-2008 at 10:13 AM..
 
Old 11-23-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
we used to have strollers, walmart even madem cheap, but then we discovered no fault divorce visa and club med.
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Long Island
444 posts, read 922,983 times
Reputation: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Why worry, come Dec 21 2012, It will all balance out.

Good point!
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Reputation: 10566
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
No, it makes sense to send those law-breaking, illegal alien foreigners home and use the money to take care of our poor. Would you feed people who break into your home and won't leave? People who break into my country are no different than people who break into my home.
Very valid point, Davidt!

However, probably far TOO MUCH LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE for most of our leaders (very loose definition) of today!
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times
Reputation: 3651
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Yeah because they breed like rats!!
If you're lucky they will....they'll be paying your social security one day!
 
Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
"Just think these stats are 4 years old. That being said, prey tell oh wise one, how many more BILLIONS of our hard earned, tax payer dollars do you suggest should be wasted rolling out the welcome mat for our "uninvited guest" in the rest of the US?"

No sarcasm in your response...no none at all. Again I did not want to roll out the welcome mat. But you did not seem to know the arguement. So I can only assume a few things...which you relisted. So, I'm sorry if I offended you...but either you did not understand my position, or you read illegal instead of legal, or you are very hardlined to the right falling into a trap that can create a divisive environment. The only reason why I can assume only three things is because of the poor straw man argument as stated above. My point was aid those that are here and create an easier LEGAL system...you stated that my intention was to increase ILLEGAL immigration. It fails to acknowlege the post. It was not a thinly veiled attack. It is ironic that if "The rest of your passive agressive personal attack masquerading as innocent dialect is not worthy of a response. " , then why did you even mention it? You did respond to it...hence the post. Sarcasm only works if you can show a fundemental flaw...not by simply calling the person dumb and acting hurt.

According to the statistical data from 1994, we've spent multiple billions "aiding" those here illegally. That, maps and directions on how to successfully invade us, courtesy of the mexican "government" has simply served to encourage millions more to deliberately and illegally further invade this country in order to be "aided" and abetted. BTW, aiding and abetting illegal aliens is a crime, albeit illegal aliens, OBL's and far too may traitorous pawns in our government would have us to believe otherwise.

That being said, illegal entry is their first criminal act. In order to remain here illegally while "hiding in the shadows" they have committed a multitude of other crimes (i.e. rape, murder, child molestation, identity theft, and a voluminous list of other felonies) yet you propose that we legalize millions of non english speaking/assimilating, primarily 3rd grade educated, tax draining, poverty stricken criminals with multi-purpose identities, astronomical birth rates and tons of culturally and emotionally embedded baggage. You state this as if we can actually verify who any of them really are or afford to absorb with ease, the shock and their net worth of zero in terms of contribution of any form to this nation. What about the American people? Are we supposed to smile when the very life is being sucked out of us, our tax dollars, our culture, our kids futures' and every other aspect of American life?

In essence, they are here because they have been driven out by the oligarchies of their homelands simply because they don't want the financial, emotional and social burden of the baggage of having to endure the multiple dysfunctionalities of their own people.

You are essentially proposing that Americans suck it up and reward criminal behavior with citizenship simply because after all, they managed to get him.

You can't possibly be serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top