U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,907,200 times

Advertisements

I'm against law breaking in all its forms, and illegal immigration is ceratainly a law breaking activity. I do wonder though, with the passion of the posters on this board and IRL why they're still here. Especially in light of a Republican president for the past 8 years, and a Republican controlled congress, Republican governors up and down the Mexico border, it just makes you wonder, now doesn't it, if our beloved corporations aren't the invisible power that keeps the border wide open? It's certainly easy to become racist and xenophobic, but let's turn the anger to where it belongs- Big Business.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I'm against law breaking in all its forms, and illegal immigration is ceratainly a law breaking activity. I do wonder though, with the passion of the posters on this board and IRL why they're still here. Especially in light of a Republican president for the past 8 years, and a Republican controlled congress, Republican governors up and down the Mexico border, it just makes you wonder, now doesn't it, if our beloved corporations aren't the invisible power that keeps the border wide open? It's certainly easy to become racist and xenophobic, but let's turn the anger to where it belongs- Big Business.

I was in total agreement with you until you started throwing around the LaRaza motto of shut them up by calling them racist and xenophobic.

For the majority of us here, it is not about race or xenophobia.

The bottom line: it's about securing our borders, enforcing our laws, fining and jailing illegal alien employers, cutting off freebies which contributed greatly to the bankrupting of our treasury, and our government not passing amnesty.

The continuation of ignoring our laws and providing "a pathway to citizenship, aka: amnesty" will only serve to invite millions more to participate in the OBL sanctioned free for all. It will also facilitate Americans being forced to live in a 3rd world cesspool while paying billions in taxes dollars to provide a comfortable life for those who simply keep coming with no end in sight.

For those who feel we should just suck it up and learn to enjoy 3rd world poverty and living conditions, it's not going to happen.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-23-2008 at 11:06 AM..

Old 11-23-2008, 11:01 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
If you're lucky they will....they'll be paying your social security one day!
FYI: if the USA needs illegals to wipe our collective butts-----------we do not deserve to survive as a nation.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:04 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,902,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: if the USA needs illegals to wipe our collective butts-----------we do not deserve to survive as a nation.
ITA. Well stated!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,018,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~Reconquista? - Retaking of land formerly theirs.

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???
Hey Bear these are people just like you. I'm pretty sure being pro-life fits into your whole ball of wax. Don't tell me there might be a flaw in the pro-life thinking. When you are married god wants you to procreate, now you'd like to place a limit on what the "Bible" told you to do? You can't have it both ways my friend. These people believe in the same god as you. Now your finding fault with your own (god fearing) kind. What are you going to do now, get between Hispanic couples with a crow bar? Just try to stop them!

Old 11-23-2008, 11:28 AM

3,277 posts, read 4,496,185 times
Hey, I don't know why you all are complaining. Isn't it the low white birthrate that necessitates large scale immigration in western countries? They're just having the babies Americans don't want to have.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,081,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
According to the statistical data from 1994, we've spent multiple billions "aiding" those here illegally. That, maps and directions on how to successfully invade us, courtesy of the mexican "government" has simply served to encourage millions more to deliberately and illegally further invade this country in order to be "aided" and abetted. BTW, aiding and abetting illegal aliens is a crime, albeit illegal aliens, OBL's and far too may traitorous pawns in our government would have us to believe otherwise.

That being said, illegal entry is their first criminal act. In order to remain here illegally while "hiding in the shadows" they have committed a multitude of other crimes (i.e. rape, murder, child molestation, identity theft, and a voluminous list of other felonies) yet you propose that we legalize millions of non english speaking/assimilating, primarily 3rd grade educated, tax draining, poverty stricken criminals with multi-purpose identities, astronomical birth rates and tons of culturally and emotionally embedded baggage. You state this as if we can actually verify who any of them really are or afford to absorb with ease, the shock and their net worth of zero in terms of contribution of any form to this nation. What about the American people? Are we supposed to smile when the very life is being sucked out of us, our tax dollars, our culture, our kids futures' and every other aspect of American life?

In essence, they are here because they have been driven out by the oligarchies of their homelands simply because they don't want the financial, emotional and social burden of the baggage of having to endure the multiple dysfunctionalities of their own people.

You are essentially proposing that Americans suck it up and reward criminal behavior with citizenship simply because after all, they managed to get him.

You can't possibly be serious.
How can we send millions of people away? How is that even physically possible? How is that fiscally responsible? I do admire the fact that you love this nation...but simply put they are here and what are we going to do with them. If you help the poor illegals which live in American cities, this will help the American poor. Most illegals do not commit said crimes. On a a unrelated note, we should prosecute those companies that hire illegal immigrants. But meanwhile...what do you propose we do to the millions that live here? We either perpetuate a continual underclass that exists within the inner cities or we fix our inner cities and poor rural areas. Poor Americans in the inner cities would suffer if we cut services. Since we would target immigrant neighborhoods, these places also contain poor Americans. Due to geographic proximity, helping one group will actaully aid another (helping illegal poor people would also benefit legal poor people). That's all my point is. Its essentially economic in nature, that by nurting the children of immigrants they too can become assimilated and middle class.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:50 AM

9,309 posts, read 25,686,634 times
Indiscriminate Breeding = More Welfare (Freebies) and Security (Anchor Babies)!

! ! ! ! ! !

Old 11-23-2008, 12:13 PM

7,653 posts, read 14,768,725 times
Quote:
Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???
Perhaps because Mexicans (and perhaps other, though not all, Hispanic groups) value children more than Americans or Europeans?

When I was at a Colombian restaurant a couple weeks ago, there were a lot of fairly large families with extension tables. It was sweet.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,695,887 times
Quote:

Is this not an illegal forum ?
I do not comprehend how this post is not deleted by mods. Are we to assume now every Hispanic is illegal and start our post on such a premise?
You have no proof they are illegal. You claim they are Mexican .

Did you ask them for papers to make sure they are illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration