Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 03:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Hispanics w/ strollers, everywhere!!!

We should ban strollers everywhere, and these liberally liberal lefties making profits selling strollers should be put out of business in our free market economy. You cannot have more children than you can carry at one time ought to be the rule like China.

Sextuplet couples are the bane of our existence. Call your legislator immediately.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
thank god for WIC
What is that?

Old 11-23-2008, 03:43 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
What is that?
The most abused Social Service by Illegal Aliens with anchor kids in the U.S.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:46 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy
Look the only reason to call them "illegal aliens" is simply to reinforce an us-vs.-them mentalitly that the right has worked very hard to establish. Illegal immigrants creates a more familiar tone; the word immigrant is less alienating than alien. Thus, instead of finding viable means and methods to deal with the problem, people would rather build a huge fence and devote our already thin resources to the border. Think of it as a marketing ploy. Alien sounds more sinister. Immigrant has a more neutral connotation. Again, we already established they were illegal. I gey that they are technically criminals. Except the children who did not have a say where they were born. I really don't know where to stand on the law on this. On the one hand, the parents came here illegally to have a child in hopes of the child being a citizen. This may encourage more immigration. However, if this law is taken off from the books, it may NOT decrease immigration. Thus, having more illegal immigrants.

On the larger scheme, we should focus more on the social welfare for those that have crossed. Los Angeles is now a third world city due to the lack of social services to the illegals. I know the arguement will be made that they should not be here. Well, they are, and we should do something to not create a permenant underclass. Having the children born in the US being legal may actually be a means to alleviate this. This allows more financial aid and social services. Others will say that they should be kicked out since they would be using said services and they came here illegally. Well, I'd rather have my tax payer dollars go towards aiding a family than temporarily kick them out. Most studies show that if most deportees are repeat offenders, meaning that they will continue to try. So we should make a guest worker program to make it easy to come in legally.

We should focus on the children of illegal immigrants since they can be an asset to the American economy. We should fund inner city and poor rural schools, fund hospitals in poorer communities, and fund after school programs. In the long run, the investment will be beneficial to out economy. Again, we need to also encourage more legal migration. Being divisive will only compound the problem. It will lead to uneeded waste in spending and a cultural war that would reverse our progress in tolerance. That is not to say we should not catch gangsters selling arms, drugs, and people at the border...

I am sorry if this post is a little all over the place, a little tired right now.

Sorry but that type of thinking is why they use the term Insurgent vs Terrorist for suicide bombers wearing jackets made out of explosives.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:55 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I never have or will deny that all of what you stated plays a huge part in this invasion. Those ethnocentric special interest groups such as LaRaza, LuLac, Maldef, et al, are sponsored by the corporate masters and financed to the tune of 10's of millions of our tax dollars courtesy of our government. Let's not forget the maps courtesy of the Mexican government instructing them how to arrive safely, breed as many anchors as possible and skirt the loopholes in every law possible.

I am by no means delusional in terms of the multitude of corrupt players involved in this game of "no human being is illegal" courtesy of our duplicitous government and those on both sides of the political aisles and border. Their only loyalty is to enriching themselves at the expense of our sovereignty, abolition of the middle class, the re-establishment of slave wages and forming a world wide economic caste system.
Follow the money. I wouldn't be at all surprised to know that the 'real' backers and money behind Maldef, Lulac, etal are red, white and blue corporate interests. Corporations are the evil engine behind illegal immigration. The illegal immigrants themselves are the tools.

Old 11-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We do not need illegals any way you spin it.

Too; with Mexico's birthrate imploding as well----------they will be facing that exact same dilemma within probably 3-5 years. The birthrate SOB is now under 2.4 children per woman compared to 7.3 in 1962. Replacement level is 2.1 kids.

Spain: to use as an example of a low birthrate Hispanic nation has a birthrate ca. 1.3 children.
We need workers to keep social security (the myth, anyway) going.
We are against illegal immigration.
What's the plan?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I read somewhere that in the 50's the average Mexican woman had 9 children. Talk about breeding.... Imagine feeding that many mouths in poverty! And it doesn't stop them; they keep on having more!
You can thank the Catholic church for that nonsense.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:20 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You can thank the Catholic church for that nonsense.
It goes against common sense. More kids means fewer resources per kid, and less attention per kid. This means they will almost always be malnourished (smaller) and under appreciated (dumb).

Old 11-23-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
It goes against common sense. More kids means fewer resources per kid, and less attention per kid. This means they will almost always be malnourished (smaller) and under appreciated (dumb).
I guess the Catholic Church might like them that way?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:50 PM

362 posts, read 589,154 times
Quote:
Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~Reconquista? - Retaking of land formerly theirs.

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???
Ireland got rid of that law-if a baby is born in Ireland he/she isnt an instant citizen there

obama wouldnt get rid of it and mccain?i voted for mitt romney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration