U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
If you think Robert Pastor believes that, you need to think again. I've got a lot of respect for you, but on this subject I'm afraid you've fallen for the CFR's latest 'pitch'. He's saying that ONLY to lull us into a false sense of security while those behind-the-scenes working groups continue their steady march towards 'harmonization'. It worked in Europe, and it will work here, too, unless we stay vigilant.

Here's a list of CFR members. Do you think power like that will EVER give up on their plans?

CFR Members

I too have a lot of respect for you but I also respect and trust Lou Dobbs immensely and he actually announced this as fact on his show Tuesday. Whether it's true or not . . time will tell. In the meantime, don't think for one minute I will stop seeking the truth in this regard any more than I would the topic of illegal immigration. I'm sure you will continue to do the same.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:30 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Here's an interesting article that explains a little about the NAU 'bait and switch'...

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=227132 (broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Why worry, come Dec 21 2012, It will all balance out.
That's what I say!!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:44 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Speaking about loaded questions.. I think the question is attributed to, hate to pull this one out, xenophobia. And yet more and more assumptions about Hispanics in general. The Mexican birthrate is very close to the American birth rate.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Speaking about loaded questions.. I think the question is attributed to, hate to pull this one out, xenophobia. And yet more and more assumptions about Hispanics in general. The Mexican birthrate is very close to the American birth rate.
I don't know - I don't often see black women or non-hispanic white women running around pregnant, with 4 kids in tow. But, I sure do see it in hispanic communities.

They have higher birthrates here than in their home country (usually Mexico).

I think having children you cannot afford is child abuse.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I don't know - I don't often see black women or non-hispanic white women running around pregnant, with 4 kids in tow. But, I sure do see it in hispanic communities.

They have higher birthrates here than in their home country (usually Mexico).

I think having children you cannot afford is child abuse.
Are you talking about having children you cannot afford in Mexico? Or here? How do you know they cannot afford having 3 or 4 children? These are generalized assumptions!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:52 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,087,598 times
if we took away WIC, these kids would starve.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:52 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Are you talking about having children you cannot afford in Mexico? Or here? How do you know they cannot afford having 3 or 4 children? These are generalized assumptions!
All you've got to do is hang out for a day at the Food Stamp office to know that the 'generalized assumption' is in fact correct.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:53 AM

521 posts, read 1,459,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~Reconquista? - Retaking of land formerly theirs.

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???
Because people like to have families [mod cut]
And for the rest of you, Hispanics are not on the top of the list of people receiving welfare. Id start mentioning races but my post would "unsurprisingly" be taken down

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-31-2008 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: language!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
if we took away WIC, these kids would starve.
One of my family members works for WIC. She said that the majority of the people who visit their office don't even need it. They stroll off in their brand new cars upon receiving their coupons, supply of milk, baby formula and various others. It's more of an abuse.

How is it abused? Ask your employer to give you small check, meaning a check with less funds than you would normally receive. And then another check with the remaining funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration