Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,736,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
It is but compared to the tax bracket they are in working minimum wage jobs it don't mean sh**!!!!
Why are you making everything so racial?
haha, j/k.

But really, people who make less money are more affected by a big chunk of their check being eaten up by taxes.

The middle class are the least affected by illegal immigration, but they cry the loudest.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,433,566 times
Quote:
It is but compared to the tax bracket they are in working minimum wage jobs it don't mean sh**!!!!
What? My family are hispanic and I would venture a guess we make much more than you. Ridiculous statement.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM

219 posts, read 424,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
Ah so Hispanics aren't paying enough taxes. LOL. So I guess your statement makes this false:

Hispanic middle class growth | Growth Strategies | Find Articles at BNET

So you believe everything the MSM prints??? Hmmmm.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,068 times
It is indeed, one of the more ridiculous things I've read so far.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I'd believe it more than what super patriot sites post.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 PM

219 posts, read 424,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What? My family are hispanic and I would venture a guess we make much more than you. Ridiculous statement.

Great! *clap* *clap* *clap* for you, you are better than everyone else because of money. How shallow!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Great! *clap* *clap* *clap* for you, you are better than everyone else because of money. How shallow!
LOL. Thats the American way of thinking.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,725,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
When considering that in today's America about half of the Hispanic population is, in fact, illegal, it can be postulated that half of them could be deported. I already said it once, legal Hispanic residents have a birth rate that is much lower than their illegal counterparts.

Quote:
Hispanics and Latinos constitute 15.1% of the total United States population, or 45.5 million people,[1] forming the second largest ancestral group after European Americans (which in turn have numerous ethnic groups). It includes sub-groups such as Mexican American, Cuban American, Colombian American, Dominican American, Puerto Rican American, Salvadoran American and so on.
US Census Press Releases (http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/releases/archives/population/011910.html - broken link)

According to one of the anti-illegal think tanks CIS..

Quote:

Our best estimate is that the illegal immigrant population has declined by 11 percent through May 2008 after hitting a peak in August 2007.
The implied decline in the illegal population is 1.3 million since last summer, from 12.5 million to 11.2 million today.
Homeward Bound: Recent Immigration Enforcement and the Decline in the Illegal Alien Population | Center for Immigration Studies

So how does half of 45.5 million = 12 million? Your claim just doesn't add up! Besides not all of the illegal immigrant population are hispanic.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,259,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
The way I see it is this. If the Government chooses to give social programs to people who really need it, they should implement new plans to prevent abuse. From what my aunt is telling me, a lot of the people really don't need it.
Haven't read the whole thread... but are you aware of the income guidelines for WIC? Ask your aunt about that. WIC income guidelines are very high compared to other social programs. So there are probably PLENTY, regardless of ethnicity, who do not appear to "need it". It doesn't have the same restrictions and guidelines as food stamps, as it is a supplemental nutrition program designed to assist pregnant women and kids under age 5 only.

Now, I personally don't agree with WIC making formula so easy to get because it is expensive and I think that someone should have to try and feed their babies the free and natural way first before getting free formula and I think WIC should do MORE to encourage and support breastfeeding (they do some, but IMO not enough)... but that's my own personal cause and really irrelevant so I'll leave it be.

jmarquise
; the kids wouldn't starve without WIC, sorry to burst your bubble. WIC is for preggo women, babies, kids under 5. Okay, so maybe some babies would be in really bad shape if the formula wasn't provided by WIC but otherwise, WIC is not FEEDING the kids completely. It is supplementing. It by no means provides a full menu.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:14 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,150,068 times
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about?

Research: Hispanic middle class to rise : Local Business News : Redding Record Searchlight

Hispanic middle class growth | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/marketing/market-research/888966-1.html - broken link)

www.hispanic (broken link)business.com/news/2001/2 /4/the_hispanic_middle_class_comes_of.htm

National study finds 80% growth in Latino middle-class over past 20 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration