Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
If a large corporation goes under, who holds most the blame? The CEO or the guy who cleans the toilets?

I don't blame poor Mexicans for wanting to come here and make a better life for their family. If I were in their shoes, I'd try to do the same thing.
Then why not let millions of poor Polish, Thais, Sudanese, Sri Lankans, Chinese, Pakistanis, Bosnians, Tibetans, South Sea Islanders, Egyptians, and Latvians in to make a better life for their families? If we are expected to tolerate people squatting here illegally because they want a better life for their family, why should this be limited to largely people from south of the border? If we are going to allow in millions who can make minimal if any net contribution to US society, why shouldn't this number be divided up equally among the needy of the entire world? Why should a family in Indonesia be left to live in dire poverty while I am expected to tolerate the presence of some ungrateful Mexican flag wavers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delron View Post
Wow, one case - ONE. Compared to how many murdering illegal immigrants and children of illegal immigrants?

How many US citizens are killed/murdered DAILY due to the actions of illegal immigrants in this so called 'sovereign' nation, whether it be murder, vehicular manslaughter, etc.? 8? 12? Maybe even more?
Vehicular manslaughter is not a race based crime. This crime was committed solely because the kid was Hispanic.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Didn't ya'll do stupid things when you were young and got drunk???? I know I did, just because these guys weren't in their right state of mind doesn't make them awful people with awful parents.
How does equate with killing another human being, just because he was
Mexican. These should get the death penalty or at the very least, life in prison without parole.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I think you're missing my point. You're looking to ascertain responsibility for this ONE act. I'm trying to show that this ONE ACT is part of a much larger picture, one that has seemingly redefined Hispanics from Americans to illegal aliens. At this time about half of the Hispanics in this country are here illegally. When I was growing up that percentage was MUCH smaller, maybe 5%. The presence of millions of Hispanics (mostly from Mexico) who have NO RIGHT to be here has caused a backlash that affects ALL Hispanics.

I knew this was coming a long time ago, I knew that Hispanic-Americans would be put at risk, and that the rednecks and racists would be drawn to it like moths to the flame.

Anyone that DIDN'T realize it wasn't paying attention.
You said it, not me.

If it was so obvious then why didn't we prevent it, don't justify it by saying it was bound to happen.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:56 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You said it, not me.

If it was so obvious then why didn't we prevent it, don't justify it by saying it was bound to happen.
Because Big Business wanted cheap labor.
Because ethnocentric hustlers/organizations wanted a new batch of 'victims' to leech off of.
Because the CFR and friends wanted to usher in the NAU.

I'd say more but I think you get my drift.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Because Big Business wanted cheap labor.
Because ethnocentric hustlers/organizations wanted a new batch of 'victims' to leech off of.
Because the CFR and friends wanted to usher in the NAU.

I'd say more but I think you get my drift.
Well see Guy we agree more than you think. But once again, CEO's, Middle Managers and Politicians are not getting killed in the streets. There is no justification for killing someone based on race or legal status.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:02 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,490 times
Quote:
Well see Guy we agree more than you think. But once again, CEO's, Middle Managers and Politicians are not getting killed in the streets. There is no justification for killing someone based on race or legal status.
And I'm not trying to justify it, I'm just saying that it was a foreseeable occurrence that I fear will be happening more frequently if we don't start enforcing our immigration laws.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
I think you're missing my point. You're looking to ascertain responsibility for this ONE act. I'm trying to show that this ONE ACT is part of a much larger picture, one that has seemingly redefined Hispanics from Americans to illegal aliens. At this time about half of the Hispanics in this country are here illegally. When I was growing up that percentage was MUCH smaller, maybe 5%. The presence of millions of Hispanics (mostly from Mexico) who have NO RIGHT to be here has caused a backlash that affects ALL Hispanics.

I knew this was coming a long time ago, I knew that Hispanic-Americans would be put at risk, and that the rednecks and racists would be drawn to it like moths to the flame.

Anyone that DIDN'T realize it wasn't paying attention.
Well said, GuyP. Time after weary time we go over this stuff. No decent person condones murder. But there IS a reason for the frustration and anger that set the stage in which these 'punks' acted, and you've laid it out well. If 20 million people are going to 'move in' on millions of others, it seems to me you'd expect at least a FEW 'wackos' to let their sense of anger get out of hand. Out of millions, a few doesn't surprise me.

Why so few people are 'lashing out' at the employers and politicians who are also culpable in this mess?... that's simple. The employers are 'anonymous'. They hide behind their PR departments and their lawyers. THey don't openly admit to hiring illegals....and they CERTAINLY never get out in public, 'in your face' and hold rallies DEMANDING their right to employ illegals.

The politicians? They've been 'beyond accountability' now for several decades. Is there anyone still alive who honestly expects 'fair dealing' and honest answers from a politician? We don't take them seriously any more, because we no longer expect anything out of them except lies and double-talk. Most of us don't really believe that politicians can 'help themselves'...they just lie, and that's pretty much that, in our minds.

As I've said over and over, in past decades illegals lived quietly 'on the fringes'. No one got 'mad' at them, and there was little tension on the subject. Everyone understood the 'system'. Today, illegals (or at least their spokesmen) are no longer living 'quietly'. They're angry, demanding, resentful, and very much 'in your face'. What they're doing is essentially 'challenging' us....and a challenge is almost ALWAYS answered in an adversarial way. A challenge always invites resistance..or even violence. It's too bad for the 'good' illegals, but that's what happens when your cause is hijacked by the 'radicals'. You lose your anonymity, and you get lots of attention...most of it negative.

If the politicians and the 'employers' began to use these tactics...if they surged through the streets yelling, in effect, "we're hiring illegals, and you'd better get used to it....and if you don't like it, that's just TOUGH"....then there's no doubt in my mind that somewhere, sometime, someone would lash out and commit an act of violence against a politician, or an employer....and the way 'acts of violence' work, it may even be that an INNOCENT politician or employer gets 'whacked'.

SO FAR, though, that hasn't happened..because the politicians and the employers are too 'slick' to operate that way. If illegals were equally 'slick', they might not have attracted so much attention. Too late, now though...you can't undo what's been done. For better or for worse, illegals have now brought an enormous amount of attention to themselves. And when that happens, few people are going to react badly.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Aren't you Hispanic Guy? If someone kills you, do you think you should be held responsible because of being hispanic like illegals?

Otherwise, your family would understand.

It could happen, every Hispanic person could be a target.
If something like that went down, GuyPinestra isn't Hispanic. Hes an AMERICAN.

That'll definitely stop them.

If not, you can always say youre part Spanish part Cherokee!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:20 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,752,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post
Didn't ya'll do stupid things when you were young and got drunk???? I know I did, just because these guys weren't in their right state of mind doesn't make them awful people with awful parents.
hahahahahahaahaha!

Once, when I was 16 I was drunk and took a leak on a parked cop vehicle.
That was REALLY stupid.
But gathered a bunch of friends of mine and beat a person of a different race to death while shouting racial slurs?
Mmmm.....nah, cant say that I have.

And yeah, that makes them awful people. I don't thinking getting a 4.0 on their last report card is going to keep them from having to choose between being a punk for the next few years or joining a Nazi prison gang(where they'll probably still be punks for while).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration