U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 10:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I am glad that you realize that about yourself. That is the first step to help.
More proof you spin words. If this isn't proof, what else more would you like? More toast?

Quote:
Nope, I saw it and was trying to make a point with him about him always spinning what people post. I did the same to him and he got all upset. Sometimes one has to fight fire with fire to get some to understand anything and yet, he still has no understanding.
It has come to the point where you don't even realize it anymore
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
More proof you spin words. If this isn't proof, what else more would you like? More toast?

It has come to the point where you don't even realize it anymore
Talking about yourself that way shows everyone all about you but thanks for that.

BTW, I am done posting about something so trivial as this. If you wish to continue you will continue to show your lack of many things. I have better things to do with my time to argue about something as trivial as your problem of spinning.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM

1,417 posts, read 852,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Talking about yourself that way shows everyone all about you but thanks for that.

BTW, I am done posting about something so trivial as this. If you wish to continue you will continue to show your lack of many things. I have better things to do with my time to argue about something as trivial as your problem of spinning.
Ah see..? can't defend yourself there right, when people are catching your nonsense? And yet you spin even more words as if I said them. Real genuine dude, real genuine.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:34 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,276,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
I agree...show me one city that illegal aliens have made flourish, rather than turn into a 3rd world pit hole.
Plainfield, NJ. The downtown area had all but died and crime soared in the 1970's-mid 1990's. However, since the late 1990's the Central Americans and Mexicans (many of them are illegal immigrants) have made downtown Plainfield a bustling place once again and crime has dropped.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,472,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Plainfield, NJ. The downtown area had all but died and crime soared in the 1970's-mid 1990's. However, since the late 1990's the Central Americans and Mexicans (many of them are illegal immigrants) have made downtown Plainfield a bustling place once again and crime has dropped.
Parts of Denver "Highlands" has also changed in a positive manner.

Quote:
Demarcated by W 38th Ave., Zuni St., W. 32nd Ave., and Federal Blvd, the 250-acre neighborhood has always been known for its ethnic diversity since its founding in 1858. It was home to Scottish, German, Italian and English immigrants during the early 19th century, and has more recently been given life by its Spanish-speaking population. Remnants of Highland's motley history are apparent in the Scottish and Spanish street names, and historic landmarks like the mission-style St. Patrick's Cathedral
http://www.denver.com/highlands/

Old 07-31-2008, 03:00 PM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Denver CO Neighborhoods : Highlands

There are always two sides to every story. I try to seek both sides to take an informed position but unfortunately posters feed off of each other's doom and gloom. Is it perception or is it reality that they focus on one will really never know as opinions seem to be more valued than facts or credible research. Reading many of the posts in here is becoming an entertaining pass time but more often than not borders on monotony.

Last edited by HoustonCynic; 07-31-2008 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: typo correction

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Denver CO Neighborhoods : Highlands
From your link...

Quote:
Highland is currently undergoing a housing revival with the construction of a number of new houses, condos and rentals in a variety of architectural styles. Its six recreational parks with youth baseball diamonds, basketball courts, flower beds and picnic benches complement the area small neighborhood ambiance.

The commercial district along 32nd and 29th Streets, is lined with trendy boutiques, like Swank and and Mona Lucero; martini bars, Forest Room 5 and The Coral Room; Americana restaurants, Duo and Bang!; and salons such as Brows and Bliss. The Lumber Baron Inn, a bed and breakfast, is the perfect place to stay just off the main drag and offers visitors a chance absorb the richness of the neighborhood. With its growing allure for residents and businesses, Highlands is bound to blossom even more in the coming years.
Yeah, that really sounds like illegal immigrants are sprucing up the place...

Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
From your link...

Yeah, that really sounds like illegal immigrants are sprucing up the place...
Are they doing anything to damage it?
Oh, Guy, can't you just give Hispanics a chance?

Old 07-31-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I think the thing is ,most illegal immigrants are moving into neighborhoods that are ALREADY trashed.
Very convenient to blame it on them.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
When I go back to the neighborhood of my boyhood, I see as many as 100 or more men standing on corners of several busy intersections where homeowners have rehabbed older row houses in a once trendy part of Baltimore City.

At red lights, these days laborers anxiously stare at each driver, and when a pretty woman happens to walk by them on the sidewalk, there are often catcalls and kissing sounds that fill the air.

Link to rest. (http://unfreestate.com/2008/07/31/i-cant-go-back-home/ - broken link)

Isn't there already a stereotype of construction workers and blue collar workers catcalling passing women?

YouTube - Construction worker catcall

or is it actually just Mexicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or