Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Good. Then they can get off the dole and stop stealing from the taxypayer.
Because white people and black people are not on welfare?

For the record. I don't support illegals..but at the same time I don't support most of you because of arguments as above.

Some of you guys do know the facts and post well (Az Bear for example). Some just cheer, and others only spew personal bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 12:58 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Think we'll see Affirmative Action for white people in 2040?
Nah

Old 08-01-2008, 01:54 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
This map is ridiculous. Counting ALL Hispanics as "non-Caucasian" ?!?

Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
This map is ridiculous. Counting ALL Hispanics as "non-Caucasian" ?!?
Thank your fellow latinos who protest and lobby for special treatment as a minority. You can't have it both ways.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
you know my friend, dark as tar and from a mexican family, has his mom and dad listed as Cauc. (caucasian) on his birth certificate.

he was born 1976.

even in the 80, mexicans were considered caucasians.
and that goes back, way into the earlier 20th century.

did you know that anti miscegenation laws (race mixing laws) were overturned in Cali, because a black man wanted to marry a mexican woman?
true story. mexicans were considered white. so they couldnt marry black people. this case in the cali supreme court preceded the loving v. virginia or wherever case.

mexicans, and other brown folk have always been around. they just started correctly counting them. after the 70's. but its still hard to get a grasp of adequate numbers.

so i would multiply those numbers by 100!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
When did this happen. I really haven't researched it. I always remember Hispanic being separated from White...maybe someone on the board can remember otherwise. I'm 35 and I don't
How can Hispanic be separated from white, when Hispanic is NOT a race? You do realize it's possible to be both white and Hispanic, don't you? This is precisely why the census classifications include White/Hispanic, White/Non-Hispanic.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How can Hispanic be separated from white, when Hispanic is NOT a race? You do realize it's possible to be both white and Hispanic, don't you? This is precisely why the census classifications include White/Hispanic, White/Non-Hispanic.
I don't think I've seen White/Hispanic.

Most of the forms Ive see say Hispanic of any race.

And then theres the many forms that say

White
Black/African American
Asian
Pacific Islander
Native American
Mexican-American/Chicano
Other Latino

or something like that. That might just be for California stuff.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
What really bothers me about this change is the number of people-in the approx last 40 years we have gained approx 100 million people. I have read in several places that if it weren't for immigration-both legal and illegal-we would have actually lost population in that time. Instead we gained 100 million in only 40 years? No wonder things are totally out of control in this country. Even if that population increase consisted of only those who came here legally and assimilated 100%-that is still too much too fast for any country to take in. A country needs to have control over who is allowed in-if it benefits her and her citizens.

I think that we really need to get back to what is best for our country and her citizens and not what is best for the rest of the world. We need to put an end to the illegal alien invasion and they all need to go home-whereever that is. We need our border secured and all immigration laws fully enforced. Then we need to reevaluate what is best for our country and her citizens.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:17 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have never seen what you speak of either...

And I'm "Hispanic"...of course I know we come in all colors...

Old 08-03-2008, 04:20 PM

220 posts, read 381,696 times
Forget about race for a moment, the linked site under discussion is forecasting the U.S. population to reach one billion people before the end of this century!

Is this the America that y'all truly want your grandchildren to inherit? One massive overpopulated banana republic?

Just asking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration