U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 05:14 PM

2,736 posts, read 5,787,282 times

Advertisements

Now there' a shocker, ugh...this makes me both so sad and angry. It's bad enough they destroy our whole country, but also where so much of our history began. Just disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Most graffiti in the country is not done by gangmembers, and even that is mostly done by Americans.
A LARGE percentage of graffiti is done by middle class White Americans.
ROFL, you're on to us. That's one of my favorite things to do on "date night", tagging public property.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:17 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
ROFL, you're on to us. That's one of my favorite things to do on "date night", tagging public property.
LOLOLOL I love it. Yeah, when I get back to the states that will be the first thing my wife and I will want to do, I am sure.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,993,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Awww....did some of your feelings get hurt?
Thats a MEAN stereotype, amc. Its not FAIR!

haha. Is it really that hard to accept that white people do bad things too?
Especially when that bad thing is something people like to attribute to Latinos or Blacks?
Who do you think is doing it in Europe where graffiti is way more prominent?? lol

I dont want to diss, because I've always loved graffiti art, but I always think its funny when it gets blamed on illegals, and even minorities, because a good part of graffiti writers I've seen/known are white. Especially some of the more famous ones.

From the classic Style Wars PBS documentary

YouTube - White PPL Write 2

And that was in the Bronx(predominantly Black/Hispanic) in the 80s.

Since then graffiti has gone mainstream exploding across the country.
So chances are that tagging youre seeing in everytown, usa is done by a local boy.

YouTube - Against the Wall aka Quality of Life- Buy It Now

YouTube - Now This Is Racking Paint !

YouTube - Interview with Rasty, graffiti artist (Johannesburg)

Old 08-01-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Awww....did some of your feelings get hurt?
Thats a MEAN stereotype, amc. Its not FAIR!

haha. Is it really that hard to accept that white people do bad things too?
Especially when that bad thing is something people like to attribute to Latinos or Blacks?
Who do you think is doing it in Europe where graffiti is way more prominent?? lol

I dont want to diss, because I've always loved graffiti art, but I always think its funny when it gets blamed on illegals, and even minorities, because a good part of graffiti writers I've seen/known are white. Especially some of the more famous ones.

From the classic Style Wars PBS documentary

YouTube - White PPL Write 2

And that was in the Bronx(predominantly Black/Hispanic) in the 80s.

Since then graffiti has gone mainstream exploding across the country.
So chances are that tagging youre seeing in everytown, usa is done by a local boy.

YouTube - Against the Wall aka Quality of Life- Buy It Now

YouTube - Now This Is Racking Paint !

YouTube - Interview with Rasty, graffiti artist (Johannesburg)
Uh no, you didn't hurt my feelings, you gave me a good laugh.
Plus, who cares who is doing the most graffitti in Europe

Old 08-01-2008, 06:25 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Sadly, this neighborhood's collapse is on the wrong side of the capital beltway, for this to convince any illegal-huggers of the negative effects of illegal immigration. If this happened in Alexandria or Arlington i bet illegal crackdowns would start inside the beltway for a change.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:38 PM

595 posts, read 2,485,585 times
Quote:
Uhhh, yea, of course the whites are gonna be doing the most graffiti in Europe because Europe is a white continent.

Duh.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 PM

595 posts, read 2,485,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Sadly, this neighborhood's collapse is on the wrong side of the capital beltway, for this to convince any illegal-huggers of the negative effects of illegal immigration. If this happened in Alexandria or Arlington i bet illegal crackdowns would start inside the beltway for a change.
I see you're from Virginia, but I heard on a History Channel program about MS-13 that one of the largest concentrations of Hispanics are in the Alexandria, DC metro area.

Either way, I agree with you. It is very sad.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am very familiar with Sterling, and can attest to the transformation due to illegal immigration. It doesn't even look like the same place. I used to frequent a Chinese restaurant there. Needless to say, I would now be afraid to even get out of my car. Illegal aliens have run the decent citizens out of that area; just as they have forced people out of areas nationwide.
Chicago has a horrible Latin King graffiti problem. I come in on the Metra train and these idiots go so far as to climb on top of the bridges above the train tracks and hone their "art" skills. I have worked downtown for more than 2 decades and last year for the first time in my life I saw gang symbols spray painted on beautiful office buildings.

How sad is it when you have a world reknowned reputation for grafitti busters:

Quote:
Mayor Daley's Graffiti Blasters Program Marks 10th Anniversary The second decade of Chicago's nationally acclaimed war on graffiti began today as Mayor Richard M. Daley oversaw the removal of painted vandalism from a building at 2500 N. Laramie Ave. on the Northwest Side.
Since April 1993, when Daley launched Chicago's Graffiti Blasters program, more than 1 million pieces of graffiti have been removed from private property in Chicago, and the program has been copied by cities around the world.
"I believe this program is so popular because it shows – in a very visible way – that this is a city that cares about its appearance and its quality of life," Daley said. "It tells the vandals and gang-bangers: ‘We are in charge here, and we will not allow you to ruin our neighborhoods'."
Daley was joined by Ald. Ray Suarez (31st), Streets & Sanitation Commissioner Al Sanchez and community representatives in celebrating the tenth anniversary of the innovative program.
The Graffiti Blasters program has 19 machines that use high-pressure baking soda like a sand blaster to safely and effectively erase graffiti from mineral surfaces like brick and stone. Additionally, 16 paint crews cover graffiti on surfaces that cannot be blasted.
"We get calls from cities around the world looking for information on this program," said Commissioner Sanchez, "but the most gratifying calls are those from community residents thanking us and the Mayor for ridding their neighborhoods of this painted blight."

Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
You don't want to get caught painting over a gang graffito marking territory!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or