U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2008, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Ca2Mo2Ga2Va!
2,736 posts, read 5,790,231 times
Reputation: 1776

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I can say WHY I think a good part of it is middle class white kids/young adults.
I've met a lot of graffiti writers, I know a lot about the scene.


Can you say WHY you think its exclusively Latinos and illegals?
Well because I happen to be middle class and white, as well as mostly everyone I associate with and nobody I know goes around "tagging" railroad cars, or buildings. My kids think it's disgusting as well as my husband and myself.
You go into areas that are mostly inhabited by lower class and illegals, and voila! Graffiti everywhere. Wow, you look in my neighborhood and nothing???? Hmmmm, I don't know, but I'm going to have to assume it's being done by the illegals, lower class, gang bangers...or I guess middle class white boys could be sneaking in and doing it, that makes much more sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Hmmm, not too many Bradley's out there saying "fo shizzle"
Still don't buy it's middle class white boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
Well because I happen to be middle class and white, as well as mostly everyone I associate with and nobody I know goes around "tagging" railroad cars, or buildings. My kids think it's disgusting as well as my husband and myself.
You go into areas that are mostly inhabited by lower class and illegals, and voila! Graffiti everywhere. Wow, you look in my neighborhood and nothing???? Hmmmm, I don't know, but I'm going to have to assume it's being done by the illegals, lower class, gang bangers...or I guess middle class white boys could be sneaking in and doing it, that makes much more sense
Whoa! Newsflash! Non-white neighborhoods are neglected compared to white neighborhoods!


Anyways, your using your family and your podunk town for evidence? What are you doing in neighborhoods inhabited by illegals and gangbangers anyways?
Youre just assuming, and basing your knowledge off of stereotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Ca2Mo2Ga2Va!
2,736 posts, read 5,790,231 times
Reputation: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Whoa! Newsflash! Non-white neighborhoods are neglected compared to white neighborhoods!


Anyways, your using your family and your podunk town for evidence? What are you doing in neighborhoods inhabited by illegals and gangbangers anyways?
Youre just assuming, and basing your knowledge off of stereotypes.
My "podunk town"? I'm guessing you are assuming that I live in Podunk because my address is Georgia? I was born and raised in San Diego and have seen my share of graffiti, committed in low class areas. Again, not done by middle class whites which you've suggested over and over. Nor is it done here in "podunk".

And then to answer your question "what am I doing in neighborhoods inhabited by illegals and gang bangers"? I really don't feel I need to give you any explanation as to where I go, much less when it's my own country and I'll be damned if I let illegals keep me from areas of my own country. I'm welcome and free to go where I chose, they are not.
You know what, I'm done arguing this asinine assumption of yours regarding graffiti being done more by middle class whites (that still makes me lol) so until you give some kind of legitimate proof, I'm done with you.....poof, go away!

Back to the original topic of how illegals are destroying NOVA. (I don't believe the topic was "middle class whites destroying NOVA rofl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
My "podunk town"? I'm guessing you are assuming that I live in Podunk because my address is Georgia? I was born and raised in San Diego and have seen my share of graffiti, committed in low class areas. Again, not done by middle class whites which you've suggested over and over. Nor is it done here in "podunk".

And then to answer your question "what am I doing in neighborhoods inhabited by illegals and gang bangers"? I really don't feel I need to give you any explanation as to where I go, much less when it's my own country and I'll be damned if I let illegals keep me from areas of my own country. I'm welcome and free to go where I chose, they are not.
You know what, I'm done arguing this asinine assumption of yours regarding graffiti being done more by middle class whites (that still makes me lol) so until you give some kind of legitimate proof, I'm done with you.....poof, go away!

Back to the original topic of how illegals are destroying NOVA. (I don't believe the topic was "middle class whites destroying NOVA rofl

YouTube - DANIELONE

Btw, having lived down in SD for a couple years myself, who do you think does all the graffiti in PB? And in Downtown?
The city codes are pretty strict on graffiti down there, but theres still quite a bit in non-Latino neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2008, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

YouTube - DANIELONE

Btw, having lived down in SD for a couple years myself, who do you think does all the graffiti in PB? And in Downtown?
The city codes are pretty strict on graffiti down there, but theres still quite a bit in non-Latino neighborhoods.
I like the murals in Chicano Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Ca2Mo2Ga2Va!
2,736 posts, read 5,790,231 times
Reputation: 1776
Hey AMC, some of your friends doing graffiti, must be an anomoly ... Graffiti vandals turn violent in LA??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: suburbia
595 posts, read 2,486,319 times
Reputation: 230
Hey AMC, if you're so determined that it's us middle class white boys doing all this graffiti,

SHOW US SOME PROOF!!!

Here is some: Did you know that 1 in 12 illegal aliens the US Border Control apprehended are criminals? (not counting the millions that sneak across without getting caught)

Did you know that Hispanics are three times more likely than White Americans to be convicted of crimes requiring incarcentation, and are 19 times more likely to belong to a criminal street gang?? (gangs = graffiti)

Did you know that Illegals in the US are 12% of the population, but 30% of the federal prison population?

It's not being racist. Just stating the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Hey AMC, if you're so determined that it's us middle class white boys doing all this graffiti,

SHOW US SOME PROOF!!!

Here is some: Did you know that 1 in 12 illegal aliens the US Border Control apprehended are criminals? (not counting the millions that sneak across without getting caught)

Did you know that Hispanics are three times more likely than White Americans to be convicted of crimes requiring incarcentation, and are 19 times more likely to belong to a criminal street gang?? (gangs = graffiti)

Did you know that Illegals in the US are 12% of the population, but 30% of the federal prison population?

It's not being racist. Just stating the facts.
Have you not been reading my posts?
Gang graffiti is a small percentage of the graffiti being done out there.
Yeah, Ill let Latinos take the credit for most gang graffiti.
But MOST graffiti ISNT gang graffiti.

You are racist, because you don't want to believe white people are capable of doing a crime too. Its painful for you to hear that, it makes you feel outraged. Latinos doing crimes is more "normal" for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Eugene, OR (b. Washington DC)
4 posts, read 8,035 times
Reputation: 12
Xenophobia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2008, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,996 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeninthesmoke View Post
Xenophobia.
You must've learned a new word this week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top